United We Stand - uwsboard.com

Virginia Tech fans discussing politics, religion, and football
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:16 pm

Time zone: America/New_York

UWS DWF UWS Lunch UWS Sports UWS Help TSL Football TSL Lounge TSL MBB Acronyms Top 25 Topics

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:15 am 

five years ago.

The top two teams play for the title.

Anyone have a big problem with Clemson and Oklahoma in the title game?

The point is, what is the reason for the final four tourney? To ensure that the top two teams have a chance to play for the championship or to give other teams a chance?

The only real debate this year was for the number four team, alabama or ohio state... If the goal is to get the top two teams, did the scenario do anything to make that happen or did it merely add some peripheral dressing to determine the championship?

Personally, after going back and forth for a decade on the value of a tournament, i am all for it. I think upsets are part of the game. And i think there should be six teams. All the conference champions of the Big 5, and one at large team. Make conference championships worth something.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:20 am 

If we had the old system, how would we pick the top 2 between Clemson, Oklahoma, and Georgia? Id say Clemson & Georgia (1-loss SEC champ) are the top 2 teams, but plenty of people believe Oklahoma is #2. That would be quite a controversy.

- Andrew Breitbart

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:52 am 

oaktonhokie wrote:
five years ago.

The top two teams play for the title.

Anyone have a big problem with Clemson and Oklahoma in the title game?

The point is, what is the reason for the final four tourney? To ensure that the top two teams have a chance to play for the championship or to give other teams a chance?

The only real debate this year was for the number four team, alabama or ohio state... If the goal is to get the top two teams, did the scenario do anything to make that happen or did it merely add some peripheral dressing to determine the championship?

Personally, after going back and forth for a decade on the value of a tournament, i am all for it. I think upsets are part of the game. And i think there should be six teams. All the conference champions of the Big 5, and one at large team. Make conference championships worth something.

I think you should be able to have the two best teams in a 4team playoff. I'm not sure Clemson and OK are the two best teams, but feel confident that they have the best two from the 4 they have chosen.

I like your idea though with 6. UCF should have a shot to play for it all.

"We're not going to own it. I'm not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it." - DT(2017)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:23 pm 

Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican
Colley says that if we had the BCS this year, it would be #1 Clemson vs #2 Georgia: http://www.colleyrankings.com/foot2017/ ... ike14.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:09 pm 

Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party
We have a 64+ team tournament for hoops and people still argue about who doesn’t get in. It is just the way it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time zone: America/New_York