I like LBJ.

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
oaktonhokie

I like LBJ.

Post by oaktonhokie »

LeBron James.

There are not many players of his caliber who are also decent people. The kind of person that you can cheer for as a person as well as a player.

I have not paid very close attention however.

Is that little Australian guy all that terrific? They seem to be making a big fuss over him. Maybe they need to talk about someone other than James.

Or is he in the latest great white hype?

I am not taking anything away from him, just wonder if this is a business decision for marketing, or accurate sports analysis.

I'm thinking that curry will light him up for about 50 points next game.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
UpstateSCHokie

Re: I like LBJ.

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:LeBron James.

There are not many players of his caliber who are also decent people. The kind of person that you can cheer for as a person as well as a player.

I have not paid very close attention however.

Is that little Australian guy all that terrific? They seem to be making a big fuss over him. Maybe they need to talk about someone other than James.

Or is he in the latest great white hype?

I am not taking anything away from him, just wonder if this is a business decision for marketing, or accurate sports analysis.

I'm thinking that curry will light him up for about 50 points next game.
Seth Greenberg will forever be remembered as the VT coached who whiffed on the Curry bros. I like Seth G., but not offering the first Curry brother a full ride was was a major debacle. Yeah I understand he wasn't that highly touted coming out of HS, but his dad was the greatest VT player in history (or maybe #2 behind Coles). We should have given him a little bit of the benefit of the doubt for being a legacy guy.

Oh what might have been.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Re: I like LBJ.

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Seth, Seth, Seth......he could have become the Frank Beamer of Hokie basketball with that one pick. You know damn well with Steph on team, we would have won a lot and that would have led to more blue chip recruits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila