Joe montana one game, hanna montana the next.

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
oaktonhokie

Joe montana one game, hanna montana the next.

Post by oaktonhokie »

Beamer was interviewed during the week about our chances this year.

"Give me a good quarterback and a good kicker and we'll be fine."

How about a good quarterback OR a good kicker. Either one.

What a mess.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: Joe montana one game, hanna montana the next.

Post by Major Kong »

When CJ trots on to the field to kick a fg I cover my eyes...what a train wreck he has become.

As to LT today holy moley what a clusterfrak he was today. I'm pretty sure LT & CJ must have been in the training room together get "up" for the game. :(
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:When CJ trots on to the field to kick a fg I cover my eyes...what a train wreck he has become.

As to LT today holy moley what a clusterfrak he was today. I'm pretty sure LT & CJ must have been in the training room together get "up" for the game. :(
I thought it was more bad bounces than anything. It's hard to blame the QB for balls bouncing off shoulder pads and helmets.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Nope. Thomas was terrible.

Had open receivers and threw into coverage. On the ricochet, the ball hit the cover guy in the helmet, it bounced to a dook teammate.

His decisions were horrible, his passing was just bad.

Maybe the Alabama game was worse, but this was awful.

awesome guy wrote:
Major Kong wrote:When CJ trots on to the field to kick a fg I cover my eyes...what a train wreck he has become.

I thought it was more bad bounces than anything. It's hard to blame the QB for balls bouncing off shoulder pads and helmets.
awesome guy wrote:

One4VT

Post by One4VT »

tells me the cupboard is bare at kicker. Beamer only goes to bat for guys when he thinks he needs them. Last year when Holmes got in trouble, his journey through the legal system was not given a smooth Beamer assisted glide path back to the football field, as his position on the depth chart was no longer needed. If Journell is the best we have now, then YIKES!!

Don't "Sub-Forum" my Thread Bro!
Marine Hokie

Post by Marine Hokie »

I just don't get it. He'd often not see one or more wide open receivers on a play, and when he would, he'd hesitate before throwing to them, so that they aren't open by the time the ball gets there. I never played football, but I feel like that's a fundamental part of being a QB, and is more important than being able to plow through a few defenders.

All things considered, I thought this was worse than Alabama. He had something like 9 dropped passes that would have changed the game. Against Duke, WR were open all over the field, and the ball just wasn't going their way.
oaktonhokie wrote:Nope. Thomas was terrible.

Had open receivers and threw into coverage. On the ricochet, the ball hit the cover guy in the helmet, it bounced to a dook teammate.

awesome guy wrote:

awesome guy wrote:

A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Seemed he'd rather run for six yards than throw for six points.
Marine Hokie wrote:I just don't get it. He'd often not see one or more wide open receivers on a play, and when he would, he'd hesitate before throwing to them, so that they aren't open by the time the ball gets there. I never played football, but I feel like that's a fundamental part of being a QB, and is more important than being able to plow through a few defenders.

All things considered, I thought this was worse than Alabama. He had something like 9 dropped passes that would have changed the game. Against Duke, WR were open all over the field, and the ball just wasn't going their way.

awesome guy wrote:

awesome guy wrote:

UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

I think the bye week completely took his head out of the game. He was playing so good before the bye.

I remember reading a quote from Loeffler where said something like he didn't contact LT during the break because LT just needed to get away from the game for a few days. Well apparently that was a terrible idea. Apparently he got away from the game, and never came back to it.

Anyone know what Beamer's record is following bye weeks? We looked completely flat, unfocused, and unprepared. That is on the coaches (once again).
oaktonhokie wrote:Seemed he'd rather run for six yards than throw for six points.
Marine Hokie wrote:I just don't get it. He'd often not see one or more wide open receivers on a play, and when he would, he'd hesitate before throwing to them, so that they aren't open by the time the ball gets there. I never played football, but I feel like that's a fundamental part of being a QB, and is more important than being able to plow through a few defenders.

awesome guy wrote:

awesome guy wrote:

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

I place the blame where it properly belongs:

1) the bye week, and

2) those God awful orange uniforms.

As I recall, we have played in the maroon cover, orange jersey, orange britches combo twice. Yesterday and in 1994 against UVA. We're 0-2 wearing that crap and our QBs have combined for 9 interceptions in those threads. We look like the Great Pumpkin in that getup and we always get smashed! Burn the orange unis!

I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Hokie CPA wrote:I place the blame where it properly belongs:

1) the bye week, and

2) those God awful orange uniforms.

As I recall, we have played in the maroon cover, orange jersey, orange britches combo twice. Yesterday and in 1994 against UVA. We're 0-2 wearing that crap and our QBs have combined for 9 interceptions in those threads. We look like the Great Pumpkin in that getup and we always get smashed! Burn the orange unis!

liberty bowl too I think for Orange unis. Agree totally, they're a bad omen.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Hokie CPA wrote:2) those God awful orange uniforms.
I have repeatedly said that orange effect should not be on a game where our opponent's color is blue. It makes us look like UVA-C ... and play like them too apparently.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

In his years at our program, he has made zero progress in going through his reads. He locks into his first receiver like he did when he first got here.

Not sure if that is an indictment of the system or the player. If its an indictment of the player, I hope he can get some work in at TE.

awesome guy wrote:

awesome guy wrote:

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

BigDave wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:2) those God awful orange uniforms.
I have repeatedly said that orange effect should not be on a game where our opponent's color is blue. It makes us look like UVA-C ... and play like them too apparently.
+1 :lol:
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.