Empty seats in Charlotte

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
RiverguyVT

Empty seats in Charlotte

Post by RiverguyVT »

For UNC vs USCe
.????
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Re: Empty seats in Charlotte

Post by BigDave »

I was very surprised by that. I thought they would fill that thing up. BOA Stadium only seats 74K and USC regularly gets 80K at games, but most of the upper deck was empty.

The official attendance was 51K, which means the real attendance was probably pretty paltry.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:For UNC vs USCe
.????
They had the game in Charlotte.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
.????

It is a great middle ground. An hour or so drive from each team. It should have been filled, but the UNC fans likely had hair appointments.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
.????

It is a great middle ground. An hour or so drive from each team. It should have been filled, but the UNC fans likely had hair appointments.
I'd rather get my hair cut than go to Charlotte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

ip_law-hokie wrote:I'd rather get my hair cut than go to Charlotte.

1. You live in New York and not a fan of either team, so I doubt you are in the target audience for that game.

2. Is getting your hair cut especially dis-pleasurable? It's inconvenient, I suppose. But it's not painful or obtrusive or anything, like, say, having a cavity filled.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BigDave wrote:

1. You live in New York and not a fan of either team, so I doubt you are in the target audience for that game.

2. Is getting your hair cut especially dis-pleasurable? It's inconvenient, I suppose. But it's not painful or obtrusive or anything, like, say, having a cavity filled.
Apparently Carolina folks don't like Charlotte either. I'd prefer Charleston, for example. At least that city has a local culture, an identity. Charlotte is just a glorified interstate exit.

And for the record, I'd rather have a cavity filled than go to Charlotte.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:

Apparently Carolina folks don't like Charlotte either. I'd prefer Charleston, for example. At least that city has a local culture, an identity. Charlotte is just a glorified interstate exit.

Being a yankee, you also prefer picking up dates at the truck stop.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:

Neck's glass house is in the STD capital of the U.S.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:

top 10, don't give us too much credit. On the other hand, our sex is affairs with people of the opposite sex, further differentiating us from you yankees. Do you pay for gay prostitutes with cases of Squirt?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:

top 10, don't give us too much credit. On the other hand, our sex is affairs with people of the opposite sex, further differentiating us from you yankees. Do you pay for gay prostitutes with cases of Squirt?
Atta boy.

Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
.????

Thursday night before a holiday weekend. 6 O'Clock kick-off (which is just stupid) Two strikes
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
.????

Thursday night before a holiday weekend. 6 O'Clock kick-off (which is just stupid) Two strikes

reverse rush hour! I think we would have filled it up. The 3 day weekend just sealed as an excuse to tailgate all weekend or take Friday off too.
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Apparently Carolina folks don't like Charlotte either. I'd prefer Charleston, for example. At least that city has a local culture, an identity. Charlotte is just a glorified interstate exit.

No, there's no character there. It's an airport with a city filled with transplants that sprung up around it.

Someone in the regime (Michelle Obama?) made the gaffe of complimenting them on their great barbecue. While Charlotte may very well be surrounded by places that have great barbecue, the barbecue inside Charlotte is just chain garbage that you can buy from the grocery store.

I do travel there a lot for business ... and of course I go there when we are in the ACCCG ... but unless you have some reason to travel there, nobody ever said, "we're going on vacation - let's go to Charlotte".
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BigDave wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:Apparently Carolina folks don't like Charlotte either. I'd prefer Charleston, for example. At least that city has a local culture, an identity. Charlotte is just a glorified interstate exit.

No, there's no character there. It's an airport with a city filled with transplants that sprung up around it.

Someone in the regime (Michelle Obama?) made the gaffe of complimenting them on their great barbecue. While Charlotte may very well be surrounded by places that have great barbecue, the barbecue inside Charlotte is just chain garbage that you can buy from the grocery store.

I do travel there a lot for business ... and of course I go there when we are in the ACCCG ... but unless you have some reason to travel there, nobody ever said, "we're going on vacation - let's go to Charlotte".
Charleston and Savannah are on my list of cities to visit, though I have a hard time disassociating the paper mill stench on 95 from savannah.

I've heard both are nice though.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I'm trying to imagine USCe vs UNC in Savanah. What's the name of that huge stadium there, again? I can't think of it.

Nah. The venue (Charlotte) is definitely NOT the issue.
Salute the Marines
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

You guys might not believe this but Charlotte was a supposed to be the next big place in about 89. I remember a lot of people talking about in DC as a place to move to.

I know a few people who worked for Wells Fargo who were laid off about a year ago and told that if they wanted to keep their jobs they had to move from SF to Charlotte. I guess they move a group or two there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:I'm trying to imagine USCe vs UNC in Savanah. What's the name of that huge stadium there, again? I can't think of it.

Just a side conversation with Big Dave, neck.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:I'm trying to imagine USCe vs UNC in Savanah. What's the name of that huge stadium there, again? I can't think of it.

Just a side conversation with Big Dave, neck.
Humph. And here I thought you were talking with any of the board's posters:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
.????
My bad, I guess. :?:
Salute the Marines