Anybody else over College Gameday?

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
PolyTech

Anybody else over College Gameday?

Post by PolyTech »

Used to watch religiously. Could take an hour, later an hour and a half, to preview the games of the day.

Now the damn thing is 3 hours long. And filled with dubious stories of players "overcoming adversity" to play that weekend. Like the one on right now of some kid overcoming the adversity of getting on a plane from Poland to come to the US to play college football. I'm heartbroken for him.

And when I tuned in just a moment ago there was some country singer playing guitar on a song that tried to mention as many team nicknames as possible. :roll:

Am I the only one that doesn't have three hours to invest to get that preview?
#JusticeForNolan
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Anybody else over College Gameday?

Post by awesome guy »

The older I get, the less I care about spectator sports.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Anybody else over College Gameday?

Post by nolanvt »

PolyTech wrote:Used to watch religiously. Could take an hour, later an hour and a half, to preview the games of the day.

Now the damn thing is 3 hours long. And filled with dubious stories of players "overcoming adversity" to play that weekend. Like the one on right now of some kid overcoming the adversity of getting on a plane from Poland to come to the US to play college football. I'm heartbroken for him.

And when I tuned in just a moment ago there was some country singer playing guitar on a song that tried to mention as many team nicknames as possible. :roll:

Am I the only one that doesn't have three hours to invest to get that preview?
I don't watch the full three hours, but I usually watch 30 min to an hour each week. Although it's still a good show, I agree that three hours is too much, but there isn't anything else to watch on Sat AM, which is why ESPN still gets the ratings it does for Gameday.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
WestEndHokie39

It's turned into a combination of SEC worship and American I

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

My wife still watches AI but records every episode so she can fast forward through the fluff and the sob stories to get to the actual singing. Gameday is like that now, and since they only briefly cover anyone not in the SEC, I find it insufferable.