Beamer is such a dinosaur

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Beamer is such a dinosaur

Post by nolanvt »

Him kicking a 50-yard FG down 14-0 on 4th and manageable is all the evidence I need to cite. Kicking a FG in that situation is actually more risky and reduces your probability of winning. Urban, OTOH, understands basic 4th down math and went for it.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
PolyTech

Re: Beamer is such a dinosaur

Post by PolyTech »

Maybe less concerning than that is the interview on the radio before the game. He sounded drunk.
#JusticeForNolan
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

PolyTech wrote:Maybe less concerning than that is the interview on the radio before the game. He sounded drunk.
Didn't hear that, but I hope his health is in good order. He looked a little better tonight, but he looked like hell a few weeks ago when Whit recognized him when they were naming the street after him.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

PolyTech wrote:Maybe less concerning than that is the interview on the radio before the game. He sounded drunk.

He was slurring his speech during the post game interview too. Time to hang it up coach. Go retire while you still have a few good years left to play golf.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

He was slurring his speech during the post game interview too. Time to hang it up coach. Go retire while you still have a few good years left to play golf.
I know we're not supposed to speculate on TSL, but I think he had a relatively mild form of throat cancer last winter, and he's experiencing lingering effects from it - don't think he has cancer now, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

I know we're not supposed to speculate on TSL, but I think he had a relatively mild form of throat cancer last winter, and he's experiencing lingering effects from it - don't think he has cancer now, though.

it sounds more like he had a stroke.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

it sounds more like he had a stroke.
Possibly. Just hope he gets well and enjoys life.

Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

He is pretty old looking for 69. My dad is 75 and looks ten years younger than Frank. I respect the heck out of cfb, but he is rich and old. Hence there is no reason he should be working if his health isn't top notch. I didn't hear any of these interviews you guys mention, but it bums me out to hear this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:Him kicking a 50-yard FG down 14-0 on 4th and manageable is all the evidence I need to cite. Kicking a FG in that situation is actually more risky and reduces your probability of winning. Urban, OTOH, understands basic 4th down math and went for it.
I know we aren't supposed to say anything negative about Bud but his defenses get abused in almost every big game. Maybe just MAYBE, he should dial back the upfront pressure when he's facing really good QBs.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

He sounded like that at the RVA Hokie club thing. It is, I think, related to his surgery. But yeah..it doesn't sound good.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.