a wristwatch ?

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
RiverguyVT

a wristwatch ?

Post by RiverguyVT »

JC, wearing a HUGE watch in the game?

The watch didn't help him hang on to the ball, did it?
I see that watch as symptomatic of something terribly wrong w/ the program.

A wristwatch.

What.
the.
??? :shock:
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: a wristwatch ?

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:JC, wearing a HUGE watch in the game?

A wristwatch.

What.
the.
a pretty tacky one at that.

VT has not struck me as a disciplined program for quite some time.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I didn't understand that. I thought it was a joke. Did he wear that on the field? That seems dangerous. Someone could get scraped by that.

If he wore that on the field....i'm confused.

If he didn't wear it on the field, but wore it over his gloves off the field, .... i'm still confused.

A wristwatch.

What.
the.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

oaktonhokie wrote:I didn't understand that. I thought it was a joke. Did he wear that on the field? That seems dangerous. Someone could get scraped by that.

If he didn't wear it on the field, but wore it over his gloves off the field, .... i'm still confused.

A wristwatch.

What.
the.
Yeah, he wore it on the field.
ESPN crew zoomed in and focused on it after his game-changing-momentum-killing fumble.

My understanding is it is a symbol. "my time" or some such rot.
He's an idiot.
Salute the Marines
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

My time? Really?

Maybe if he had The Big Hand on the ball, he wouldn't have fumbled.

What if it had been ripped off during the game. Everybody stop and crawl around and find his watch? And if another player loses a necklace or an ear ring...?

I'm surprised the refs would allow that.

RiverguyVT wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:I didn't understand that. I thought it was a joke. Did he wear that on the field? That seems dangerous. Someone could get scraped by that.

A wristwatch.

What.
the.
Yeah, he wore it on the field.
ESPN crew zoomed in and focused on it after his game-changing-momentum-killing fumble.

My understanding is it is a symbol. "my time" or some such rot.
He's an idiot.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

A wristwatch.

What.
the.

Agreed. Its obvious there are some really deep and underlying structural issues with the program right now (discipline, character, recruiting, stubbornness, ect.) I think the next coach that comes in is going to be shocked by the lack of discipline and focus that has been instilled in the program over the last 5-10 years.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

A wristwatch.

What.
the.

Agreed. Its obvious there are some really deep and underlying structural issues with the program right now (discipline, character, recruiting, stubbornness, ect.) I think the next coach that comes in is going to be shocked by the lack of discipline and focus that has been instilled in the program over the last 5-10 years.
What character issues? We're MILES from the Marcus Vick days. These are good kids. Discipline on the field, in regards to play, is one thing but by and large I'm much happier with these teams as far as them being representatives of the school.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

A wristwatch.

What.
the.

What character issues? We're MILES from the Marcus Vick days. These are good kids. Discipline on the field, in regards to play, is one thing but by and large I'm much happier with these teams as far as them being representatives of the school.
Well, we've had several get arrested for off the field problems (Reavis, Shai, etc) , and didnt a bunch of them act out at a take back the night event a year or so ago?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

The minstrual said these are good kids.

Game over.

He knows them. He knows their minds and their hearts. Probably better than they know themselves.

They are probably letting love guide them.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

A wristwatch.

What.
the.

Well, we've had several get arrested for off the field problems (Reavis, Shai, etc) , and didnt a bunch of them act out at a take back the night event a year or so ago?
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:The minstrual said these are good kids.

Game over.

He knows them. He knows their minds and their hearts. Probably better than they know themselves.

They are probably letting love guide them.
I'm only a keen judge of stupid, stupid.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

My prediction......Right now I unfortunately think we are a mediocre team this year, just based on not seeing anyone else play qb who is decent. If Brewer played this year, I bet we could have ended up first or second in the weak Coastal, which would have bought CFB another year. Now, without a QB we suck and go 8-5. Then Whit cleans house next year. He hires a high profile coach, and Bud gets to stay on as DC, but not HC job. He gets pissed about not getting offered the HC job and takes an SEC DC job for $2MM. Shane rides off into the sunset, taking an HC job at someplace like JMU. Stiney ends up at Blacksburg High teaching typing and coaching, CFB retires, and Loeffler continues his journeyman path at another stop along the way.

I take all of this back if someone other than Motley plays qb and does great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Stiney teaching typing at bhs. lol. He could probably teach recruiting or sales, or whatever.

I kind of agree with you. If motley is our qb, we will barely be a .500 team. If we have a real qb on the bench, play him, leave motley as the wild turkey, or whatever, and let the new guy develop against the weakest part of the schedule.

IMO, keeping motley in as starter and bringing along another one gradually is um, stupid.

Or maybe i'm the stupid one, as the minstrual has just decreed.

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:My prediction......Right now I unfortunately think we are a mediocre team this year, just based on not seeing anyone else play qb who is decent. If Brewer played this year, I bet we could have ended up first or second in the weak Coastal, which would have bought CFB another year. Now, without a QB we suck and go 8-5. Then Whit cleans house next year. He hires a high profile coach, and Bud gets to stay on as DC, but not HC job. He gets pissed about not getting offered the HC job and takes an SEC DC job for $2MM. Shane rides off into the sunset, taking an HC job at someplace like JMU. Stiney ends up at Blacksburg High teaching typing and coaching, CFB retires, and Loeffler continues his journeyman path at another stop along the way.

I take all of this back if someone other than Motley plays qb and does great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Even in HS gym class, you're not allowed to wear watches or jewelry. I don't understand wearing a watch playing college football for the life of me.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Florida Hokie wrote: What character issues? We're MILES from the Marcus Vick days. These are good kids. Discipline on the field, in regards to play, is one thing but by and large I'm much happier with these teams as far as them being representatives of the school.
What do you think of the watch?
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

BigDave wrote:Even in HS gym class, you're not allowed to wear watches or jewelry. I don't understand wearing a watch playing college football for the life of me.
I would think it would be against the rules. The bezel could cut someone....aside from just being a really bad idea.
Salute the Marines