Who is our QB? Not motley, we can't win with him.

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
oaktonhokie

Who is our QB? Not motley, we can't win with him.

Post by oaktonhokie »

The true freshman, or durkin the RS freshman?

The season is at a crossroads after the first game. Brewer's injury has implications for the next couple years, if they don't redshirt the freshman...I don't recall his name.

Furman is a good team to introduce a new qb. Don't know how good durkin is, but the freshman has gotten some good press.

And the game....like usc, Alabama, boise state, lsu....when we are on the big stage, when we are the only game or the marquis game in college football, we don't step up.

SOS.

And no, last year's osu game was NOT a big deal going in. No real ballyhoo, no big deal. A big upset, but not a big deal entering the game. When everybody watches, we are not very good.

Oh well.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
RiverguyVT

Re: Who is our QB? Not motley, we can't win with him.

Post by RiverguyVT »

we can win w/ Motley.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:The true freshman, or durkin the RS freshman?

The season is at a crossroads after the first game. Brewer's injury has implications for the next couple years, if they don't redshirt the freshman...I don't recall his name.

Furman is a good team to introduce a new qb. Don't know how good durkin is, but the freshman has gotten some good press.

And the game....like usc, Alabama, boise state, lsu....when we are on the big stage, when we are the only game or the marquis game in college football, we don't step up.

SOS.

And no, last year's osu game was NOT a big deal going in. No real ballyhoo, no big deal. A big upset, but not a big deal entering the game. When everybody watches, we are not very good.

Oh well.
Here's the way I see it. I'm guessing that right now, Motley might be marginally better than Lawson just because he has more familiarity with our system from being in the program for multiple years. But from what we hear, Lawson has him beat in spades when it comes to raw talent. So the question becomes, can Motley definitely win us more games this year than Lawson? If the answer is a clear yes, then I would put Motley as the starter, but work Lawson in when possible.

But if its not clear that Motley will win more games than Lawson, then I say put all the eggs in the Lawson basket. This will likely mean that this year will be a really rough year, but he'll be set up for next year - which is likely Beamer's last year and put us in a better position to have Beamer go out with a good season.

The worst thing we can do is go with Motley this year, not give Lawson any reps and wind up with a losing record. Then have next year be Lawson's first year and wind up with another losing record.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

I agree with Upstate. Maybe someone in the AD office has a spreadsheet that estimates revenue at 7-6 vs 5-7, but at that point what does it matter? Play for the future is the present is bleak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila