VT now 0-1 on the season.

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Re: VT now 0-1 on the season.

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

miles wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Miles, just curious, is CFB accountable for anything in your mind, or has he earned unlimited tenure and $2M+ for life, in addition to right to hire unqualified relatives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course Frank Beamer is accountable. He is accountable for the terms of his contract, the VT employee handbook, upholding the standards and presenting a good impression of the university both publically and privately and a host of other things. He has not earned unlimited tenure and $2M+ for life and he would tell you this himself. He has not hired unqualified relatives by any objective measure.
Now, undoubtedly many, including you, are butt hurt about the W/L record over recent years and the perceived disaster in the making this season. Calm down a little. He will retire sooner than later. I really hate to see dissatisfied boo birds turn this into a manure pile.
My worthless guess is that he hopes to go through 2016 and then, depending upon several factors, possibly retire. He has alluded to such a scenario himself. I fail to see the utility in all the agitation to turn this into a JoPa or Bowden situation when that is so uncalled for and so unnecessary.
So you are ok with him running a .500 team for four years now, and making close to $10M in the process? Can I get a job working for you? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila