The time outs at the end of the first half.

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
oaktonhokie

The time outs at the end of the first half.

Post by oaktonhokie »

I was watching this, pleased that the coaches were confident, aggressive and demonstrating that they had faith in our defense.

Miami didn't want to try to score against our vaunted D. They wanted to go to the locker room tied.

Nope, we made they play.

I liked the decision.

....and I hoped we would hold them to a field goal. After all, they were about 85 yards away with about a minute left. Hold them to three points, defense.

Nothing wrong with the decision. The defense, when we needed them to step up, laid down.
Like they did later in the fourth quarter.

We stink.

Had we won, we would still stink, but not as bad.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Re: The time outs at the end of the first half.

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Stink is being kind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:I was watching this, pleased that the coaches were confident, aggressive and demonstrating that they had faith in our defense.

Miami didn't want to try to score against our vaunted D. They wanted to go to the locker room tied.

Nope, we made they play.

I liked the decision.

....and I hoped we would hold them to a field goal. After all, they were about 85 yards away with about a minute left. Hold them to three points, defense.

Nothing wrong with the decision. The defense, when we needed them to step up, laid down.

We stink.

Yet another example of why Bud Foster isn't the savior so many think he is. His defenses are getting worked regularly. (Cue the "he has no talent to work with" crowd)
miles

Post by miles »

Florida Hokie wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:I was watching this, pleased that the coaches were confident, aggressive and demonstrating that they had faith in our defense.

Nope, we made they play.

I liked the decision.

We stink.

Yet another example of why Bud Foster isn't the savior so many think he is. His defenses are getting worked regularly. (Cue the "he has no talent to work with" crowd)
Ooh, ooh. "Bud Foster isn't the savior". Aren't you special? Grace us with some more pearls of your wisdom. Bless your little brain. You're most comfortable rabble rousing while following the crowd. You'd fit in at an old time lynching in the south.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

miles wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

Nope, we made they play.

I liked the decision.

We stink.

Ooh, ooh. "Bud Foster isn't the savior". Aren't you special? Grace us with some more pearls of your wisdom. Bless your little brain. You're most comfortable rabble rousing while following the crowd. You'd fit in at an old time lynching in the south.
If you like Bud and think he's the answer then say so. Otherwise, stop trying to be clever.
miles

Post by miles »

Florida Hokie wrote:
miles wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

Nope, we made they play.

I liked the decision.

We stink.

If you like Bud and think he's the answer then say so. Otherwise, stop trying to be clever.
Et tu, jackass.