I try not to criticize personel decisions. Coaches see the

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
BG Hokie

Re: I try not to criticize personel decisions. Coaches see

Post by BG Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:Agree totally.

I too, thought they had a chance this season. Brewer looked like he could be the man. A soft nonconf schedule, a soft acc schedule... Looked like nine wins were possible.

Brewer gets hurt, there is no depth.

We stink.

Did you hear anything about Lawson? I hear brewer will start vs dook. That's fine with me, actually. Just give Lawson about 15 snaps per game. Meaningful snaps.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:I love beamer.

But um, it's time.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Per Will Stewart and some of the people that are considered to be credible "insiders," it looks like this is the last year for Beamer. All signs are pointing to an exit stage left at the end of the season. Change is coming to the Burg.
I really wished he would have retired last year after the bowl win. It was obvious there were some health issues going on that were not good - otherwise we would have heard more about the nature of his surgery. Had he retired then, he would have gone out with a bowl victory, a winning record, a win over a top 10 team, and a win over the Hoos in his final year. This year the odds of matching last year's accomplishments look bleak.

I think he really though he had enough talent coming back this year that he could make one last run at ACC title, but the injuries and lack of depth (due to a fall off in recruiting) were just too much to overcome. Add in the fact that our coaches all seem to be having trouble motivating this year, and the 2015 is on the road to being a stinker. I hate to see Beamer go out on a stinker.
relax Oak, Brewer is our best shot at winning in 2015 so he needs to be in there if able. Lawson if he is as good as the hype on him will be the starter in 2016 and he will then be a rs fr instead of a tr fr which means he has a lot more knowledge. It is very very very difficult for a tr fr to succeed in the first couple of months on campus (see UCLA for a perfect example). We do not need to tank the season, we need to put our best players out there and win as many as possible. Lawson's time is coming, lets hope he is as good as the hype on him.
He will be a Sophomore, not a RS Freshman.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:Agree totally.

I too, thought they had a chance this season. Brewer looked like he could be the man. A soft nonconf schedule, a soft acc schedule... Looked like nine wins were possible.

Brewer gets hurt, there is no depth.

We stink.

Did you hear anything about Lawson? I hear brewer will start vs dook. That's fine with me, actually. Just give Lawson about 15 snaps per game. Meaningful snaps.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:I love beamer.

But um, it's time.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Per Will Stewart and some of the people that are considered to be credible "insiders," it looks like this is the last year for Beamer. All signs are pointing to an exit stage left at the end of the season. Change is coming to the Burg.
I really wished he would have retired last year after the bowl win. It was obvious there were some health issues going on that were not good - otherwise we would have heard more about the nature of his surgery. Had he retired then, he would have gone out with a bowl victory, a winning record, a win over a top 10 team, and a win over the Hoos in his final year. This year the odds of matching last year's accomplishments look bleak.

I think he really though he had enough talent coming back this year that he could make one last run at ACC title, but the injuries and lack of depth (due to a fall off in recruiting) were just too much to overcome. Add in the fact that our coaches all seem to be having trouble motivating this year, and the 2015 is on the road to being a stinker. I hate to see Beamer go out on a stinker.
relax Oak, Brewer is our best shot at winning in 2015 so he needs to be in there if able. Lawson if he is as good as the hype on him will be the starter in 2016 and he will then be a rs fr instead of a tr fr which means he has a lot more knowledge. It is very very very difficult for a tr fr to succeed in the first couple of months on campus (see UCLA for a perfect example). We do not need to tank the season, we need to put our best players out there and win as many as possible. Lawson's time is coming, lets hope he is as good as the hype on him.
true, I seriously doubt he will ever be a senior so IMO we have him for 2016 and 2017 then he is gone. Not sure what you call him is important. Probably best to say he is in year 1 of eligibility in 2015
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
true, I seriously doubt he will ever be a senior so IMO we have him for 2016 and 2017 then he is gone. Not sure what you call him is important. Probably best to say he is in year 1 of eligibility in 2015
I hope he doesn't transfer with a coaching change but you might be right, I could see him transferring to another school before he plays 4 years.