I try not to criticize personel decisions. Coaches see the

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
oaktonhokie

I try not to criticize personel decisions. Coaches see the

Post by oaktonhokie »

team every day in practice. We don't.

They know the players' work ethic, inclinations and weaknesses. We don't.

That said, why isn't Lawson playing? There may be a great reason, but I don't know what it is. Like, there may be a great reason for the stand down order in bengazhi, but I don't know what it is.

Brewer is tough as nails and a good qb. We would have one or two more wins if he had't gotten hurt.
Motley is a decent ACC back up qb. Not good enough to start imo. Notwithstanding having made some beautiful plays.

Brewer is a senior. Next year he's a coach somewhere. Take a seat. Let him continue the coaching thing for the rest of the season.
Motley is an adequate backup. Take a seat. We'll let you know if someone gets hurt.

Lawson is the future. He has no red shirt. So, he sits on the bench in the hope that either brewer or motley can get us to a 5-6 record?

Anyone know the reason? Is Lawson a butt head? Is he nicked? Is he too stupid to grasp the offense?

Anyone?
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
miles

Re: I try not to criticize personel decisions. Coaches see

Post by miles »

As you said, coaches see the team every day in practice. You don't.
Players and coaches want to win. Now. This week. They will work for that goal.
At this point, the team is practicing and playing for each other, not the media, not the fans - especially not the 20% fans who are mad as hell and feel entitled to better service.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

miles wrote:As you said, coaches see the team every day in practice. You don't.
Players and coaches want to win. Now. This week. They will work for that goal.
At this point, the team is practicing and playing for each other, not the media, not the fans - especially not the 20% fans who are mad as hell and feel entitled to better service.
Let me quote you from earlier since it will be as useful here as it was in your response to me:

"Aren't you special? Grace us with some more pearls of your wisdom. Bless your little brain. You're most comfortable rabble rousing while following the crowd. You'd fit in at an old time lynching in the south."
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Per Will Stewart and some of the people that are considered to be credible "insiders," it looks like this is the last year for Beamer. All signs are pointing to an exit stage left at the end of the season. Change is coming to the Burg.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I love beamer.

But um, it's time.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Per Will Stewart and some of the people that are considered to be credible "insiders," it looks like this is the last year for Beamer. All signs are pointing to an exit stage left at the end of the season. Change is coming to the Burg.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:I love beamer.

But um, it's time.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Per Will Stewart and some of the people that are considered to be credible "insiders," it looks like this is the last year for Beamer. All signs are pointing to an exit stage left at the end of the season. Change is coming to the Burg.
I really wished he would have retired last year after the bowl win. It was obvious there were some health issues going on that were not good - otherwise we would have heard more about the nature of his surgery. Had he retired then, he would have gone out with a bowl victory, a winning record, a win over a top 10 team, and a win over the Hoos in his final year. This year the odds of matching last year's accomplishments look bleak.

I think he really though he had enough talent coming back this year that he could make one last run at ACC title, but the injuries and lack of depth (due to a fall off in recruiting) were just too much to overcome. Add in the fact that our coaches all seem to be having trouble motivating this year, and the 2015 is on the road to being a stinker. I hate to see Beamer go out on a stinker.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Agree totally.

I too, thought they had a chance this season. Brewer looked like he could be the man. A soft nonconf schedule, a soft acc schedule... Looked like nine wins were possible.

Brewer gets hurt, there is no depth.

We stink.

Did you hear anything about Lawson? I hear brewer will start vs dook. That's fine with me, actually. Just give Lawson about 15 snaps per game. Meaningful snaps.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

But um, it's time.

I really wished he would have retired last year after the bowl win. It was obvious there were some health issues going on that were not good - otherwise we would have heard more about the nature of his surgery. Had he retired then, he would have gone out with a bowl victory, a winning record, a win over a top 10 team, and a win over the Hoos in his final year. This year the odds of matching last year's accomplishments look bleak.

I think he really though he had enough talent coming back this year that he could make one last run at ACC title, but the injuries and lack of depth (due to a fall off in recruiting) were just too much to overcome. Add in the fact that our coaches all seem to be having trouble motivating this year, and the 2015 is on the road to being a stinker. I hate to see Beamer go out on a stinker.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:Agree totally.

I too, thought they had a chance this season. Brewer looked like he could be the man. A soft nonconf schedule, a soft acc schedule... Looked like nine wins were possible.

We stink.

Did you hear anything about Lawson? I hear brewer will start vs dook. That's fine with me, actually. Just give Lawson about 15 snaps per game. Meaningful snaps.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

But um, it's time.

No word on Lawson. I'm sure the plan was to work him in during games where the score was so lop sided that the opposing team (or we) had no chance of winning. I think he played some vs. Furman, but there really haven't been any other good situations to bring him in. And he played what, one snap against NCST b/c Motley got hurt and he looked lost out there.

My guess is the coaches are not spending much time with him. They are just focused on getting Brewer back and Motley ready. These guys are just trying to win games. They're not thinking about the future because...well they won't be here for it.

oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I understand that.

Can't totally punt on this season. But if Lawson is no better than motley, um, he is not all that great.

Brewer and Lawson. I hope.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

We stink.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

But um, it's time.

No word on Lawson. I'm sure the plan was to work him in during games where the score was so lop sided that the opposing team (or we) had no chance of winning. I think he played some vs. Furman, but there really haven't been any other good situations to bring him in. And he played what, one snap against NCST b/c Motley got hurt and he looked lost out there.

My guess is the coaches are not spending much time with him. They are just focused on getting Brewer back and Motley ready. These guys are just trying to win games. They're not thinking about the future because...well they won't be here for it.
miles

Post by miles »

[quote="UpstateSCHokie"]Per Will Stewart and some of the people that are considered to be credible "insiders," it looks like this is the last year for Beamer. All signs are pointing to an exit stage left at the end of the season. Change is coming to the Burg.[/quot

There's a problem, right there. Will Stewart is a "credible" insider? Since when? Does he have a press credential now?
Will Stewart operates a website that makes money pandering to jackasses on the internet that are starved for the latest gossip and innuendo. TSL provides a manure rich venue to rile up the "fanbase". Will Stewart and his colleagues at Sportswar are parasites feeding on VT. Ut Prosim, Will Stewart. Insiders my butt.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

miles wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:Per Will Stewart and some of the people that are considered to be credible "insiders," it looks like this is the last year for Beamer. All signs are pointing to an exit stage left at the end of the season. Change is coming to the Burg.[/quot

There's a problem, right there. Will Stewart is a "credible" insider? Since when? Does he have a press credential now?
Will Stewart operates a website that makes money pandering to jackasses on the internet that are starved for the latest gossip and innuendo. TSL provides a manure rich venue to rile up the "fanbase". Will Stewart and his colleagues at Sportswar are parasites feeding on VT. Ut Prosim, Will Stewart. Insiders my butt.
Actually both he and Chris do have press passes now. They are allowed to attend press conferences and watch the games from the press box. I don't think he's close friends with Beamer or anyone on the staff, but I'm sure he has connections and access to credible sources. And like I said, there were also a couple of other guys on there that are considered well-connected that are all hearing the same thing.

miles

Post by miles »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
miles wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:Per Will Stewart and some of the people that are considered to be credible "insiders," it looks like this is the last year for Beamer. All signs are pointing to an exit stage left at the end of the season. Change is coming to the Burg.[/quot

Actually both he and Chris do have press passes now. They are allowed to attend press conferences and watch the games from the press box. I don't think he's close friends with Beamer or anyone on the staff, but I'm sure he has connections and access to credible sources. And like I said, there were also a couple of other guys on there that are considered well-connected that are all hearing the same thing.
Sorry to hear that. He and his group are having their finest hour right now. Stir the manure, make moe money. Get the rabble all riled up. In the end, Beamer probably goes anyway, but wtf, let 'em trash his ass, his family, his legacy, his character, and his reputation.
"It's a Hokie thing; you wouldn't understand" right?
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

miles wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
miles wrote:

Sorry to hear that. He and his group are having their finest hour right now. Stir the manure, make moe money. Get the rabble all riled up. In the end, Beamer probably goes anyway, but wtf, let 'em trash his ass, his family, his legacy, his character, and his reputation.
Nah, actually Will mentioned this and then asked everyone to be polite and respectful to Beamer given that this is likely his last hurrah. Will has been deactivating people left and right over there for being too nasty - many of them for trashing Beamer. Will has specifically said he doesn't want to see that, but he realizes its going to happen with a certain segment of the fan base.

Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Nah, actually Will mentioned this and then asked everyone to be polite and respectful to Beamer given that this is likely his last hurrah. Will has been deactivating people left and right over there for being too nasty - many of them for trashing Beamer. Will has specifically said he doesn't want to see that, but he realizes its going to happen with a certain segment of the fan base.
Uppie - it will be a lot easier if you just allow miles to be continue being wrong without trying to correct him. He LIVES for being wrong about everything so you can't discourage him. It only makes him want to be wrong more.
miles

Post by miles »

Florida Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:Nah, actually Will mentioned this and then asked everyone to be polite and respectful to Beamer given that this is likely his last hurrah. Will has been deactivating people left and right over there for being too nasty - many of them for trashing Beamer. Will has specifically said he doesn't want to see that, but he realizes its going to happen with a certain segment of the fan base.
Uppie - it will be a lot easier if you just allow miles to be continue being wrong without trying to correct him. He LIVES for being wrong about everything so you can't discourage him. It only makes him want to be wrong more.
Aren't you the sweet boy? Run along and tattle to someone like Will or Dave, little snitch.
Meanwhile you can feel free to "crucify" the coaching staff. We know you're popping hard on for that.
Last edited by miles on Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

miles wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
Aren't you the sweet boy? Run along and tattle to someone like Will or Dave, little snitch.
Meanwhile you can fell free to "crucify" the coaching staff. We know you're popping hard on for that.
Just look at each reply of yours in this thread. Then look at the response you get from Uppie. Each one of them demonstrates how wrong you are, at every turn. Sometimes it is just best to take your licks and go home. A man needs to know when he's been beaten.

You are a man aren't you?
miles

Post by miles »

Florida Hokie wrote:
miles wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
Meanwhile you can fell free to "crucify" the coaching staff. We know you're popping hard on for that.
Just look at each reply of yours in this thread. Then look at the response you get from Uppie. Each one of them demonstrates how wrong you are, at every turn. Sometimes it is just best to take your licks and go home. A man needs to know when he's been beaten.

:D My oh my. You're just the big man tonight. Feel free to report me to the board monitors whenever you want, big guy. :D
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

miles wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
miles wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

:D My oh my. You're just the big man tonight. Feel free to report me to the board monitors whenever you want, big guy. :D
Do you even know how to stick to a topic? Does context mean anything to you? I mean, I didn't ACTUALLY believe you were stupid but...
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

We stink.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

But um, it's time.

relax Oak, Brewer is our best shot at winning in 2015 so he needs to be in there if able. Lawson if he is as good as the hype on him will be the starter in 2016 and he will then be a rs fr instead of a tr fr which means he has a lot more knowledge. It is very very very difficult for a tr fr to succeed in the first couple of months on campus (see UCLA for a perfect example). We do not need to tank the season, we need to put our best players out there and win as many as possible. Lawson's time is coming, lets hope he is as good as the hype on him.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Fair points, all.

I did not mean to suggest that we tank the season. But merely that we recognize that Brewer will be gone next year, and Motley is not good enough.

Lawson needs some snaps.

I would like to win the rest of our games, as would would everyone else.

What I am suggesting with lawson is not mutually exclusive to that goal. I just don't see continuing to feed motley. He is just not good enough. Brewer's future is behind him, and Lawson's future is in front of him. Mix Brewer and Lawson together.

We can win that way. This year and next.

cwtcr hokie wrote:

We stink.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

But um, it's time.

relax Oak, Brewer is our best shot at winning in 2015 so he needs to be in there if able. Lawson if he is as good as the hype on him will be the starter in 2016 and he will then be a rs fr instead of a tr fr which means he has a lot more knowledge. It is very very very difficult for a tr fr to succeed in the first couple of months on campus (see UCLA for a perfect example). We do not need to tank the season, we need to put our best players out there and win as many as possible. Lawson's time is coming, lets hope he is as good as the hype on him.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:Fair points, all.

I did not mean to suggest that we tank the season. But merely that we recognize that Brewer will be gone next year, and Motley is not good enough.

Lawson needs some snaps.

I would like to win the rest of our games, as would would everyone else.

What I am suggesting with lawson is not mutually exclusive to that goal. I just don't see continuing to feed motley. He is just not good enough. Brewer's future is behind him, and Lawson's future is in front of him. Mix Brewer and Lawson together.

We can win that way. This year and next.

cwtcr hokie wrote:

We stink.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

But um, it's time.

Hopefully we get up by enough points in order to get both playing time, we need Motley tho, what if Lawson destroys a knee in the first series of 2016? Managing players is one of the hardest jobs they have as coaches..... it is very easy for internet coaches tho
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Cwtcr,
I am not disagreeing with you.

I said we need Motley if there is an injury.

Don't make an argument where there isn't one.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:Cwtcr,
I am not disagreeing with you.

I said we need Motley if there is an injury.

Don't make an argument where there isn't one.
the point being if you bring in Lawson over Motley if Brewer goes down again then you risk Motley giving up as he just got passed over after what he did for us while Brewer was injured. I seriously don't think Lawson would have made our losses this year into wins, very hard for a tr fr to be great right out of the gate.
Last edited by cwtcr hokie on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:team every day in practice. We don't.

They know the players' work ethic, inclinations and weaknesses. We don't.

That said, why isn't Lawson playing? There may be a great reason, but I don't know what it is. Like, there may be a great reason for the stand down order in bengazhi, but I don't know what it is.

Brewer is tough as nails and a good qb. We would have one or two more wins if he had't gotten hurt.
Motley is a decent ACC back up qb. Not good enough to start imo. Notwithstanding having made some beautiful plays.

Brewer is a senior. Next year he's a coach somewhere. Take a seat. Let him continue the coaching thing for the rest of the season.
Motley is an adequate backup. Take a seat. We'll let you know if someone gets hurt.

Lawson is the future. He has no red shirt. So, he sits on the bench in the hope that either brewer or motley can get us to a 5-6 record?

Anyone know the reason? Is Lawson a butt head? Is he nicked? Is he too stupid to grasp the offense?

Anyone?
Because we don't get a better draft pick for losing more games this year with a freshman. Next.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

miles wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
miles wrote:

It's official, miles is full blow ruh-TARD.