New HC in the offing?

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

New HC in the offing?

Post by HokieJoe »

Lots of ramblings and speculation about Morris or Herman; but nothing solid. Interesting thread though. I suppose that could be Fuente as well.

http://www.thekeyplay.com/content/2015/ ... ent-361453

"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: New HC in the offing?

Post by nolanvt »

At least it won't be Bud.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

I'd be okay with Budman staying as long as whomever the replacement is and he mesh. That may be a tall order though. Bud may feel a little jilted. Not totally without justification IMO, but I'd rather we hire a new HC altogether than look within our ranks.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

HokieJoe wrote:I'd be okay with Budman staying as long as whomever the replacement is and he mesh. That may be a tall order though. Bud may feel a little jilted. Not totally without justification IMO, but I'd rather we hire a new HC altogether than look within our ranks.
He's in his mid-50s and has never been a HC. There are likely a number of reasons for that. I think the next HC would be wise to attempt to retain him, though.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Who is Bill Lawson? Is that a name within the VT football world? I have no idea. I can't find him on LinkedIn. On Twitter he says he is CEO of Lawson Capital Funding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Who is Bill Lawson? Is that a name within the VT football world? I have no idea. I can't find him on LinkedIn. On Twitter he says he is CEO of Lawson Capital Funding.

I dunno. Apparently some over the The Key Play think he's not a total flake. You'd have to read that thread to get the flavor of what they're saying. It's mostly just speculation I think.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:Lots of ramblings and speculation about Morris or Herman; but nothing solid. Interesting thread though. I suppose that could be Fuente as well.

TSL has the same jist. The consensus is it is Chad Morris, we keep Bud, torrian and Wiles. IF that is the plan then I have no issue with it and hope we get back to our winning a lot ways. Only time will tell tho and all these guys that claim to be in the know could be totally offbase
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:Lots of ramblings and speculation about Morris or Herman; but nothing solid. Interesting thread though. I suppose that could be Fuente as well.

TSL has the same jist. The consensus is it is Chad Morris, we keep Bud, torrian and Wiles. IF that is the plan then I have no issue with it and hope we get back to our winning a lot ways. Only time will tell tho and all these guys that claim to be in the know could be totally offbase

Yes, only time will tell. I think I'd be happy with Fuente, Herman or Morris. I really do like Fuente though. I think he's the real deal from what I've seen.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Yes, only time will tell. I think I'd be happy with Fuente, Herman or Morris. I really do like Fuente though. I think he's the real deal from what I've seen.
I don't watch enough of other teams to have much of an opinion, we have a good brand and good talent so I think unless it is a dumpster fire like London we will be fine going forward. IF not tho it just means we can him and get another one, these days the leash is very short so I think we have this discussion every 4-5 years going forward.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

I don't watch enough of other teams to have much of an opinion, we have a good brand and good talent so I think unless it is a dumpster fire like London we will be fine going forward. IF not tho it just means we can him and get another one, these days the leash is very short so I think we have this discussion every 4-5 years going forward.

Watch the 2015 Memphis/Ole Miss game on YouTube. I think you'll be impressed.
Bay_area_Hokie

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

This same guy is saying we are close to an announcement Image

UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:This same guy is saying we are close to an announcement Image

Notice he said "as soon as" Tuesday. Which would indicate it could be after that. Which could indicate that it's Herman. If he loses to Navy on Sat, then his season is done and Whit can announce its him. If he beats Navy on Sat, then he would still have to play in the AAC championship game and Whit would not be able to announce its him.

Either way, if we hear something on Tuesday, or we do not hear something on Tuesday, it will be very telling depending on the out come of the Houston/Navy game.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Bay_area_Hokie

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:This same guy is saying we are close to an announcement Image

Notice he said "as soon as" Tuesday. Which would indicate it could be after that. Which could indicate that it's Herman. If he loses to Navy on Sat, then his season is done and Whit can announce its him. If he beats Navy on Sat, then he would still have to play in the AAC championship game and Whit would not be able to announce its him.

Either way, if we hear something on Tuesday, or we do not hear something on Tuesday, it will be very telling depending on the out come of the Houston/Navy game.

I messaged this guy on Twitter with a message of ,"How are you connected"? No reply. Doubt he will want to come out of the closet so to speak.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Fuentes is it!
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Uprising
Party: etc

Post by Uprising »

awesome guy wrote:Fuentes is it!
That's an exciting hire!
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Where are you hearing this from AG? I saw an unconfirmed report on Bleacher Report, but is this a done deal? If so, I'm stoked. I think (I hope) Fuentes turns out to be a great hire. If hired, I just hope he can lock down enough impact players to get us ready for UT. That may not be possible, but a man can hope!
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieJoe wrote:Where are you hearing this from AG? I saw an unconfirmed report on Bleacher Report, but is this a done deal? If so, I'm stoked. I think (I hope) Fuentes turns out to be a great hire. If hired, I just hope he can lock down enough impact players to get us ready for UT. That may not be possible, but a man can hope!

ESPN ran it during the game.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:Where are you hearing this from AG? I saw an unconfirmed report on Bleacher Report, but is this a done deal? If so, I'm stoked. I think (I hope) Fuentes turns out to be a great hire. If hired, I just hope he can lock down enough impact players to get us ready for UT. That may not be possible, but a man can hope!

ESPN ran it during the game.

Sweet!
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

HokieJoe wrote:Sweet!
CBS reported it first then ESPN reported it.

This is the initial tweet
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Bay_area_Hokie

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

I don't say this with any disrespect at all, but Whit has been a major upgrade at the AD position. It's an exciting time to be a Hokie.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:I don't say this with any disrespect at all, but Whit has been a major upgrade at the AD position. It's an exciting time to be a Hokie.
I like Buzz. Don't know enough to have an informed opinion - but like they are trying to bring in an offensive guy. If they can keep Bud, it's a win IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:I don't say this with any disrespect at all, but Whit has been a major upgrade at the AD position. It's an exciting time to be a Hokie.
JW was great, but, not unlike Beamer, he stayed about three years too long.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Yep. Babcock is making some nice moves.