So what does everyone think of UVA'so new FB coach?

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

So what does everyone think of UVA'so new FB coach?

Post by HokieJoe »

That's a really good hire for the Whoo's. He should have them playing competitive very soon I would think. Dammit.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: So what does everyone think of UVA'so new FB coach?

Post by awesome guy »

I'm glad the got a west coast recruiter. London couldn't coach, but he could waste talent. This hire improves our recruiting.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

awesome guy wrote:I'm glad the got a west coast recruiter. London couldn't coach, but he could waste talent. This hire improves our recruiting.

I hope so. We need it.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

BYU probably doesn't really have to recruit, as it is likely the destination of choice for a Mormon HS player. Thus, combine the fact he never has likely recruited much in the east, with the fact he likely didn't have to really sell anyone, and I think it works out well for us. He will have a learning curve to overcome. He is probably a real smart guy, and understands is, but iiwii in the short run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

He'll have to get used to coaching teenagers...that'll be a heller learning curve.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:BYU probably doesn't really have to recruit, as it is likely the destination of choice for a Mormon HS player. Thus, combine the fact he never has likely recruited much in the east, with the fact he likely didn't have to really sell anyone, and I think it works out well for us. He will have a learning curve to overcome. He is probably a real smart guy, and understands is, but iiwii in the short run.

You don't think one has to recruit hard to get a black kid to go to BYU???
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:BYU probably doesn't really have to recruit, as it is likely the destination of choice for a Mormon HS player. Thus, combine the fact he never has likely recruited much in the east, with the fact he likely didn't have to really sell anyone, and I think it works out well for us. He will have a learning curve to overcome. He is probably a real smart guy, and understands is, but iiwii in the short run.

[emoji90]
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

[emoji90]
Absolutely legit talking point [emoji90] for brains!

http://www.loyalcougars.com/2014/02/01/ ... endenhall/
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

[emoji90]

Matching your level [emoji90]
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

[emoji90]

Is this going to be your schtick now that Oakie left - is that how you are going to fill the void left in your heart?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

[emoji90]

Is this going to be your schtick now that Oakie left - is that how you are going to fill the void left in your heart?
[emoji90]
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote: [emoji90]
Sad puppy is sad.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote: [emoji90]
Sad puppy is sad.
[emoji90] is [emoji90]
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Florida Hokie wrote:

Hey, black kids can be Mormon as well.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Major Kong wrote:He'll have to get used to coaching teenagers...that'll be a heller learning curve.

Haha, that's true.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

Solid operational hire. I think he can certainly run a program very well. I think UVA will have a more efficient operation and become improved with player development, etc. They've always had a solid knack for getting OL. I think the UVA academics typically sells well to OL recruits in Virginia and further north. However, if I were a Hoo fan, I would have some concern about their new staff's ability to truly bring in the type of talent they will need to really make a move.

On a short term basis, I think him coaching the BYU bowl game is a bit of an annoyance that could further hurt their 2016 recruiting class which could cause a bit of a hole for the next few years.

Of course, some of the same recruiting concerns may apply to our new staff too.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:Solid operational hire. I think he can certainly run a program very well. I think UVA will have a more efficient operation and become improved with player development, etc. They've always had a solid knack for getting OL. I think the UVA academics typically sells well to OL recruits in Virginia and further north. However, if I were a Hoo fan, I would have some concern about their new staff's ability to truly bring in the type of talent they will need to really make a move.

On a short term basis, I think him coaching the BYU bowl game is a bit of an annoyance that could further hurt their 2016 recruiting class which could cause a bit of a hole for the next few years.

All these new coaches this year, nobody will know for a couple of years, they seem solid to me except the terps hiring London. Of course the morons in LA almost fired Les Miles this year so that shows you how incredibly stupid college coaching has gotten to.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

BG Hokie wrote:Solid operational hire. I think he can certainly run a program very well. I think UVA will have a more efficient operation and become improved with player development, etc. They've always had a solid knack for getting OL. I think the UVA academics typically sells well to OL recruits in Virginia and further north. However, if I were a Hoo fan, I would have some concern about their new staff's ability to truly bring in the type of talent they will need to really make a move.

I think he'll utilize the players currently in the system quite well. I agree that it remains to be seen whether or not he'll attract the talent he needs going forward. Winning can have a remarkable affect on recruiting though, so we'll see how it pans out.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

All these new coaches this year, nobody will know for a couple of years, they seem solid to me except the terps hiring London. Of course the morons in LA almost fired Les Miles this year so that shows you how incredibly stupid college coaching has gotten to.
This is just typical naïve fan stuff. Mike London was hired as a defensive line coach, not a head coach, not a defensive coordinator but a position coach. Mike London is more than qualified to be a position coach in the Big 10, ACC, etc. How do you think he ever got the opportunity to become a head coach and before that a defensive coordinator? By being a really bad position coach not worthy of a slot at Maryland?
Last edited by BG Hokie on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BG Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

This is just typical naïve fan stuff. Mike London was hired as a defensive line coach, not a head coach, not a defensive coordinator but a position coach. Mike London is more than qualified to be a position coach in the ACC. How do you think he ever got the opportunity to become a head coach and before that a defensive coordinator? By being a really bad position coach not worthy of a slot at Maryland?
I love it when you get all snarky about football while not even knowing which conferences teams are in.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

This is just typical naïve fan stuff. Mike London was hired as a defensive line coach, not a head coach, not a defensive coordinator but a position coach. Mike London is more than qualified to be a position coach in the ACC. How do you think he ever got the opportunity to become a head coach and before that a defensive coordinator? By being a really bad position coach not worthy of a slot at Maryland?
I love it when you get all snarky about football while not even knowing which conferences teams are in.
Thanks, for finding that, I'll edit to correct.

Let me show you how this works: I made a mistake when I posted that. Admitting mistakes is what grown men do, not a surprise you've never done that here.

Aside from mistakenly attributing MD to being in the ACC, anything wrong with my post?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Thanks, for finding that, I'll edit to correct.

Let me show you how this works: I made a mistake when I posted that. Admitting mistakes is what grown men do, not a surprise you've never done that here.

Aside from mistakenly attributing MD to being in the ACC, anything wrong with my post?
Grown men don't cry or attempt silly diversions when they're wrong. I take your football knowledge in the same light as your political knowledge, know-nothing buzzword bingo from a douchebag.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:Grown men don't cry or attempt silly diversions when they're wrong. I take your football knowledge in the same light as your political knowledge, know-nothing buzzword bingo from a douchebag.
You're a hoot. I know more about football than you do. NA NA NA NA NA!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Grown men don't cry or attempt silly diversions when they're wrong. I take your football knowledge in the same light as your political knowledge, know-nothing buzzword bingo from a douchebag.
That's exactly how you sound while not being athletic enough to be in the band.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
That's exactly how you sound while not being athletic enough to be in the band.
Go post about a fishing story that no one reads or responds to... Those are great.