Virginia Tech will have a clear bag policy for games

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Virginia Tech will have a clear bag policy for games

Post by Techmomof2 »

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/ext ... %20FAQ.pdf

The Big 10 has been doing this. It's stupid. You can still stuff your pockets so it doesn't speed anything up in getting into the stadium and really isn't any safer since they don't search every pocket in your clothing. If you bring an expensive camera, you can't bring a camera bag to protect it.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Virginia Tech will have a clear bag policy for games

Post by ip_law-hokie »

What are you brewing these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Techmomof2

Post by Techmomof2 »

Been busy. Recently brewed a Russian Imperial Stout, Belgian Strong Ale, and in honor of Deschutes coming to Roanoke instead of Asheville, I gathered info from their website and brewed a clone of their Cinder Cone Red Ale. Having never tasted it, I'm saving a bottle for their CFO whom I met on his most recent trip here.

I currently have an American Nut Brown Ale ready to be siphoned to the secondary fermenter and maybe brew again this week. Taking suggestions. :)
ip_law-hokie wrote:What are you brewing these days?

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Techmomof2 wrote:Been busy. Recently brewed a Russian Imperial Stout, Belgian Strong Ale, and in honor of Deschutes coming to Roanoke instead of Asheville, I gathered info from their website and brewed a clone of their Cinder Cone Red Ale. Having never tasted it, I'm saving a bottle for their CFO whom I met on his most recent trip here.

I currently have an American Nut Brown Ale ready to be siphoned to the secondary fermenter and maybe brew again this week. Taking suggestions. :)

The nut brown sounds delicious, as does the Belgian.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Techmomof2

Post by Techmomof2 »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Techmomof2 wrote:Been busy. Recently brewed a Russian Imperial Stout, Belgian Strong Ale, and in honor of Deschutes coming to Roanoke instead of Asheville, I gathered info from their website and brewed a clone of their Cinder Cone Red Ale. Having never tasted it, I'm saving a bottle for their CFO whom I met on his most recent trip here.

The Nut Brown has lots of cacao nibs from Trinidad. The Belgian has a pound of Candi sugar and sweet orange peel. I always kick up the alcohol and lately have been hopping everything up a bit.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Techmomof2 wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

The Nut Brown has lots of cacao nibs from Trinidad. The Belgian has a pound of Candi sugar and sweet orange peel. I always kick up the alcohol and lately have been hopping everything up a bit.

I'll trade you some westvleteren 12 for that nut brown. It was one of the highlights of our trip to Belgium. If you haven't been, you should put it on your list. Flanders nearby if into WW1 history.

Techmomof2

Post by Techmomof2 »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Techmomof2 wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I'll trade you some westvleteren 12 for that nut brown. It was one of the highlights of our trip to Belgium. If you haven't been, you should put it on your list. Flanders nearby if into WW1 history.

Sure, I'll trade. One of our Guild members travels and brought back some Westy 12 several years ago. At a meeting, we all got one sip. I decided to make it and it was delicious. It went on sale in the US a couple of years ago when the Monks were expanding their monestary. It wasn't available in VA so I woke up younger son in Charlotte to get me a brick of it, included 2 glasses in the box.

That's gone, my clone is gone, so yes, I'd be interested in another.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Techmomof2 wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Techmomof2 wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Sure, I'll trade. One of our Guild members travels and brought back some Westy 12 several years ago. At a meeting, we all got one sip. I decided to make it and it was delicious. It went on sale in the US a couple of years ago when the Monks were expanding their monestary. It wasn't available in VA so I woke up younger son in Charlotte to get me a brick of it, included 2 glasses in the box.

That's gone, my clone is gone, so yes, I'd be interested in another.
Deal! I'll send you a message in the AM with my email.

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Tequila. ;)

While we're talking fabulous fermentations, I've read some good things about Tito's vodka. It's made in TX of all places. BTW, ever brew any pilsner Techmom?
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Techmomof2

Post by Techmomof2 »

HokieJoe wrote:

Tequila. ;)

While we're talking fabulous fermentations, I've read some good things about Tito's vodka. It's made in TX of all places. BTW, ever brew any pilsner Techmom?
Yes, I have brewed several brews with pilsner base malt. I usually use light steeping grains and a clean ale yeast. My neighbor had 3 kids in a row so his wife made him stop brewing. He gave me his freezer and a bunch of books so I've done 3 lagers. We had to laugh, Crazy Guy said if I had 3 kids in a row, he'd tell me to stop cleaning and doing laundry instead of stop brewing.

Lagers take too long (ferment at 50 degrees, take up to 60 for 3 days, lower 3 degrees per day to 32 and hold for 2 months). My typical ales are in the bottle (haven't kegged yet), carbonated and ready to drink in a total of 6 weeks. I can pretty much reproduce results with select ale yeasts which are a little more complex than lager yeasts.

Hmmm, I see Tito's is listed on the VA DMV site. Next time I need some, which will be a while, I'll try it.