Just got banned on thesaber. What a bunch of weaklings. I

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
oaktonhokie

Just got banned on thesaber. What a bunch of weaklings. I

Post by oaktonhokie »

did not swear, I was not even mean spirited, much. Pretty snarky, sarcastic.

About ten of them jumped in to show their great wit and intellectual superiority. One of them at least, must have run to tell the teacher.

Good natured (really it was. I actually LIKE uva) pregame jawing. And I got banned.

If you go there now, you will see their brilliant remarks, rebuttals, and rejoinders. The last three of mine were banned. Not that they were anything special.

What a bunch of weaklings.
Last edited by oaktonhokie on Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
oaktonhokie

Re: Just hgot banned on thesaber. What a bunch of weaklings

Post by oaktonhokie »

Holy smokes, not only am I banned, they erased all my posts. About eight or ten. So they have their brilliant remarks and replies, with no context. Makes them seem REALLY lame.

And such weaklings.

oaktonhokie wrote:did not swear, I was not even mean spirited, much. Pretty snarky, sarcastic.

About ten of them jumped in to show their great wit and intellectual superiority. One of them at least, must have run to tell the teacher.

Good natured (really it was. I actually LIKE uva) pregame jawing. And I got banned.

If you go there now, you will see their brilliant remarks, rebuttals, and rejoinders. The last three of mine were banned. Not that they were anything special.

CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

oaktonhokie wrote:did not swear, I was not even mean spirited, much. Pretty snarky, sarcastic.

I saw it. I can't believe you did that. Shame on you. hehe
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Was I that rough on the little fellas? Heck, I even told them that I like uva...51 weeks per year. I like that two five star players stayed in state, if not tech, than uva.

I asked them if they'll watch our bowl game and why such brilliant minds even trifle in football and acknowledging inferior folks from blacksburg.

I did say that they are not a worthy rival as one must attain more than one win per decade to achieve rival status. I proclaimed Miami as our rival.

I was looking for some good natured rough and tumble. Free speech does not exist at mr Jefferson's university. What a bunch of weaklings.
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

I saw it. I can't believe you did that. Shame on you. hehe
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

Congratulations.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Re: Just got banned on thesaber. What a bunch of weaklings.

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

You lasted pretty long really....they do not like the ideas of others....TJ would dismiss most of them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

oaktonhokie wrote:Free speech does not exist at mr Jefferson's university.
A privately owned message board is not Mr. Jefferson's university.

Free speech does not give you the unfettered right to say whatever you want on somebody else's website.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

BigDave wrote:

Free speech does not give you the unfettered right to say whatever you want on somebody else's website.
So sayeth the uwsboard.com tyrant!!!! :)
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

C'mon dave. Nothing I said was worthy of a ban.

And yes, I know I don't have the right to say anything at all on their site...or on yours for that matter. But why have a site if all you will have is a partisan echo chamber?

Why not mix it up a bit? It's uva week for crying out loud.

BigDave wrote:

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

oaktonhokie wrote:C'mon dave. Nothing I said was worthy of a ban.

And yes, I know I don't have the right to say anything at all on their site...or on yours for that matter. But why have a site if all you will have is a partisan echo chamber?

Why not mix it up a bit? It's uva week for crying out loud.

BigDave wrote:

We don't call them French for no good reason. They are weak, yet arrogant. And so being 2nd or 3rd place in the Commonwealth grates on their self esteem. Look at how they divert to the laughable claim of better looking women at UVA. And really, most of the fans are Cville area rednecks and morons. That shows on their board.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Question: Now that the boards are all merged, do you get banned from all when you get banned from one?
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Still able to post on tsl.

USN_Hokie wrote:Question: Now that the boards are all merged, do you get banned from all when you get banned from one?
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

BigDave wrote:

That's stoopid. You should be able to say anything you want on a website without repercussions...
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Disagree. The proprietor sets the limits and enforces them.

Imagine multiple ihops, recepticals or diggys overwhelming an otherwise decent product.

My issue is not that there are limits, but rather where the limits were drawn.

Friendly, civil smack hurt their feelings. One would think that they could humiliate and dismiss any opponent by dint of their superior wit and I intellect. And not resort to tattle telling to "make the mean man go away."

Rapier like wit, one could assume.

nolanvt wrote:
BigDave wrote:

That's stoopid. You should be able to say anything you want on a website without repercussions...
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

oaktonhokie wrote:Disagree. The proprietor sets the limits and enforces them.

Imagine multiple ihops, recepticals or diggys overwhelming an otherwise decent product.

Friendly, civil smack hurt their feelings. One would think that they could humiliate and dismiss any opponent by dint of their superior wit and I intellect. And not resort to tattle telling to "make the mean man go away."

nolanvt wrote:
BigDave wrote:

See my sig. :D
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:Disagree. The proprietor sets the limits and enforces them.

nolanvt wrote:
BigDave wrote:

See my sig. :D
That's not as witty or informative as you think it is. Yeah, we don't have "a right" to say what we want, but we can also complain about being treated unfairly or the owner being thin skinned.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

nolanvt wrote:See my sig. :D
The First Amendment does not protect speech made against your employer or other non-governmental entities. It protects speech against the Government.
Meh I think your sig is du...arghhhhhhhh Image
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote: That's not as witty or informative as you think it is. Yeah, we don't have "a right" to say what we want, but we can also complain about being treated unfairly or the owner being thin skinned.
Generally, the 1st Amendment pertains to protecting your speech against the government. Citing the 1st Amendment or "free speech" isn't valid when a private website wishes to regulate speech.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote: That's not as witty or informative as you think it is. Yeah, we don't have "a right" to say what we want, but we can also complain about being treated unfairly or the owner being thin skinned.
Generally, the 1st Amendment pertains to protecting your speech against the government. Citing the 1st Amendment or "free speech" isn't valid when a private website wishes to regulate speech.
I think you know what they mean though. It's still censorship on an "open" forum.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

There are times and places for censorship. Parents can and should censor what their kids are allowed to say, and watch and read.

Stores can and should censor what patrons can say and do in their stores.

I have said here before that I sent a workman home from my office a few years back when he came in with a tee shirt that said "Girls like big peckers," in reference to a bar of that name.

I censored him.

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
I think you know what they mean though. It's still censorship on an "open" forum.
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:I have said here before that I sent a workman home from my office a few years back when he came in with a tee shirt that said "Girls like big peckers," in reference to a bar of that name.

I censored him.
Hit a little close to home did it?
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

thats about right.
CarlosDanger

Post by CarlosDanger »

Banned for the same thing a couple of years ago. In the early days, I would talk trash over there and it all seemed to fly. After not posting there at all for 5 or 6 years, I went over there to talk a little trash before the game in 2011 or maybe 2012. Really tame stuff. Was really surprised that I was banned because of it. I imagine if I made a case to have my account reinstated, they would, but I haven't gotten around to it and I probably won't anytime soon. I never have enough of a burning desire to chime in over there that I would lobby boardhost or whoever is in charge now.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

CarlosDanger wrote:Banned for the same thing a couple of years ago. In the early days, I would talk trash over there and it all seemed to fly. After not posting there at all for 5 or 6 years, I went over there to talk a little trash before the game in 2011 or maybe 2012. Really tame stuff. Was really surprised that I was banned because of it. I imagine if I made a case to have my account reinstated, they would, but I haven't gotten around to it and I probably won't anytime soon. I never have enough of a burning desire to chime in over there that I would lobby boardhost or whoever is in charge now.
If you order a pizza and give boardhost a $5 tip, he'll let you back on.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

awesome guy wrote:
CarlosDanger wrote:Banned for the same thing a couple of years ago. In the early days, I would talk trash over there and it all seemed to fly. After not posting there at all for 5 or 6 years, I went over there to talk a little trash before the game in 2011 or maybe 2012. Really tame stuff. Was really surprised that I was banned because of it. I imagine if I made a case to have my account reinstated, they would, but I haven't gotten around to it and I probably won't anytime soon. I never have enough of a burning desire to chime in over there that I would lobby boardhost or whoever is in charge now.
If you order a pizza and give boardhost a $5 tip, he'll let you back on.

Lol
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson