22 point dogs to Bama...

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

22 point dogs to Bama...

Post by Hokie CPA »

I dunno... I'm inclined to think (wishful thinkin?) that we'll keep it a little closer than that. I'm not saying we're gonna beat the #1 in the land, two-time defending champs... but we usually play Bama pretty tough.

http://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/week-1-c ... dds-posted
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Re: 22 point dogs to Bama...

Post by BigDave »

Hokie CPA wrote:I dunno... I'm inclined to think (wishful thinkin?) that we'll keep it a little closer than that. I'm not saying we're gonna beat the #1 in the land, two-time defending champs... but we usually play Bama pretty tough.

I have a bet with a coworker that Tech covers +21.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

38-7

Post by Major Kong »

book it!
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

I thought I saw this week that it was at 19 currently? Everybody is counting us out, we have got some talent tho and bama has changes from last year also. Saturday should be fun tho and if we lose, its expected, if we win, celebration
Hokie CPA wrote:I dunno... I'm inclined to think (wishful thinkin?) that we'll keep it a little closer than that. I'm not saying we're gonna beat the #1 in the land, two-time defending champs... but we usually play Bama pretty tough.

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:I thought I saw this week that it was at 19 currently? Everybody is counting us out, we have got some talent tho and bama has changes from last year also. Saturday should be fun tho and if we lose, its expected, if we win, celebration

Yeah, I like these games. I also like VT+21.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

VT hangs tough for a half. At halftime Saban chews out his D Coordinator for not abusing/attacking McLaughlin and instructs his D back coach to play man against our guys who are not really good at the art of WR. Bama's O attacks Josh Trimble and Facyson relentlessly in the second half with TJ Yeldon (this might be the biggest mismatch in college FB this year) and the Tide eventually- pardon the pun- Rolls. Big.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

I think we'll see there o-line consistently hitting our LBs. If that's the case game will be over in the fist quarter. It may not be a blowout at that point but the writing will be on the wall.

Our o-line is likely going to have the same problem. Maybe the new offense will help mitigate that but we'll see.
People who know, know.
WildTurkE

Post by WildTurkE »

Sounds about right. They are going to burn our D all day long.
"Ambition makes me so horny." - Amil
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:VT hangs tough for a half. At halftime Saban chews out his D Coordinator for not abusing/attacking McLaughlin and instructs his D back coach to play man against our guys who are not really good at the art of WR. Bama's O attacks Josh Trimble and Facyson relentlessly in the second half with TJ Yeldon (this might be the biggest mismatch in college FB this year) and the Tide eventually- pardon the pun- Rolls. Big.

This is the general script for most big games Tech plays in. Have any players been sighted on jet skiis????
Valencia Hokie

Post by Valencia Hokie »

So hard to tell. Is this the 04 VT that shocked the world against USC-W or the overhyped VT that got throttled by LSU 2 years later? I think VT habitually struggles in their opener - save 04 and last year against GT, but GT exposed was a bad team as well. The 04 game that was essentially a home game at Fed-Ex. In a heavily SEC located venue, I think Bama flexes their semi-pro muscle and whips us like LSU did. I would be hesitant to take VT to cover at +30.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

We are going to get drummed.

That said, unlike those other years, we have absolutely nothing to lose here. If we lose bad, we were supposed to. Anything better than that is a pleasant surprise. I made my coworker Bama fan give me 17 for a lunch bet.
Valencia Hokie wrote:

So hard to tell. Is this the 04 VT that shocked the world against USC-W or the overhyped VT that got throttled by LSU 2 years later? I think VT habitually struggles in their opener - save 04 and last year against GT, but GT exposed was a bad team as well. The 04 game that was essentially a home game at Fed-Ex. In a heavily SEC located venue, I think Bama flexes their semi-pro muscle and whips us like LSU did. I would be hesitant to take VT to cover at +30.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

our average against Alabama the last 2 times we've played:

31-20, VT
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Valencia Hokie

Post by Valencia Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:We are going to get drummed.

That said, unlike those other years, we have absolutely nothing to lose here. If we lose bad, we were supposed to. Anything better than that is a pleasant surprise. I made my coworker Bama fan give me 17 for a lunch bet.
Valencia Hokie wrote:

I don't think we had anything to lose in 04 either. Adibi and Hall were making their starts as RS-F and there were HUGE questions marks on defense. That was the game Williams, Hall and Adibi because household names. So if that's what's happening here, I am more optimistic. But it seems that after last year, this is an expectation year. And those years are regularly disappointing, IMO.
Last edited by Valencia Hokie on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valencia Hokie

Post by Valencia Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:our average against Alabama the last 2 times we've played:

31-20, VT
Are you including the 98 game? If so, that's as helpful as including the 02 LSU game in the LSU equation. Completely different SEC teams than what we faced (or will face) from 04 on.
miles

Post by miles »

Okay, everyone, listen up.
VT won't cover[ReverseMojo] and VT won't win[ReverseMojo].
Hoki Hoki Hoki hi!
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

miles wrote:Okay, everyone, listen up.
VT won't cover[ReverseMojo] and VT won't win[ReverseMojo].
Hoki Hoki Hoki hi!
LET'S GO, HOKIES!!!
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.