Re football playoff. I am at the point where i figure,

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
oaktonhokie

Re football playoff. I am at the point where i figure,

Post by oaktonhokie »

just let alabama beat the heck out of everybody.

I don't like ohio state, i don't like clemson, i don't care about washington.

Not a fan of alabama, or any SEC school really. Saban virtually never smiles. But they sure are good. Was talking during our game last night thinking "Alabama would never miss a tackle like that."

Alabama never misses tackles. Watch.

Having said that, there were two other times when the championship was a forgone conclusion (in addition to rodham winning the white house) one was the dynasty that would be ohio state. I forgot the other. Both lost.

And i prefer al abama to his cousin barrack.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Re football playoff. I am at the point where i figure,

Post by ip_law-hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:just let alabama beat the heck out of everybody.

Not a fan of alabama, or any SEC school really. Saban virtually never smiles. But they sure are good. Was talking during our game last night thinking "Alabama would never miss a tackle like that."

Having said that, there were two other times when the championship was a forgone conclusion (in addition to rodham winning the white house) one was the dynasty that would be ohio state. I forgot the other. Both lost.

Why not pull for the ACC? I will be.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

I agree. I'd prefer to see Alabama win it all again. I'm almost to the point where I'm cheering for them to win.

Why? Because Bama winning another natty will not change anything. But if Clemson wins it, then that changes the whole dynamic of recruiting. Good luck if you think we'd ever win another recruiting battle against Dabo if/when he can flash his ring to the recruits. We will be left with Clemson's recruiting scraps.

Roll Tide!

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I don't like most teams in the ACC.

I like virginia, i'm ok with wake and BC.

FSU and miami and unc are scummy.
I don't like dabo.
I am of two minds on dook.
Don't care for ncsu.
Pittsburgh and louisville don't deserve to be here.
Don't care about GT.

For the record, i like texas A&M. I like the academies. OK with texas, but their campus stinks.

I like the USC cheerleaders. I like the ucla campus and the fact that they only allow pretty girls in.

The ACC is now the Big East.

I love virginia tech.

ip_law-hokie wrote:

Why not pull for the ACC? I will be.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

For years I have been trying to jump on the wagon of a west coast team. I has always come down to Stanford or Cal. I live 15 min from Cal, but they are as pathetic as UVA.

So my natural choice would be Stanford as I live an hour from their campus and Shaw is a great coach. But whenever I go to a game, which is once or twice a year, I leave feeling "meh". It is maybe 20% the Lane experience.

Maybe one of my kids will go to a Pac12 school and I will gain some affinity for one of the programs at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Saban's a West Virginian, so I generally cheer for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Roll Tide. :mrgreen:

Seriously in re to the SEC I'm a big Auburn fan (it was in my 3 choices to attend) and I like Texas A&M.

After that meh...though I'll say if Tennessee goes 0 for forever I'd be OK with it.

B1G...Purdue
Big 12...Iowa St. and Kansas St.
PAC 12...Arizona State and Arizona (sacrilege I know). + I like Wazoo.
ACC - Clemson, NCSU and UVA (I have nuthin' against the Hoo's when they're playing against others).
I like Army, Navy and Air Force with a nod to Navy as the favorite
Oh and I like my wife's school East Tennessee State University. :)
rolltide.jpg
rolltide.jpg (59.62 KiB) Viewed 2042 times
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.