United We Stand - uwsboard.com

Virginia Tech fans discussing politics, religion, and football
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:39 am

Time zone: America/New_York [ DST ]


UWS DWF UWS Lunch UWS Sports UWS Help TSL Football TSL Lounge TSL MBB Acronyms Top 25 Topics




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:35 pm
Posts: 9204
Location: Macedonian Hacking Campus
Alma Mater: Skopje Technical Hacking and Culinary Institute
Party: Independent
Especially Jerod Evans. :(

Super glad that Sam Rogers got drafted by the Rams...Sam is Ram Tough :!:

_________________
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:31 pm
Posts: 5980
For the life of me I cannot understand why Evans thought it would be a good idea to declare early. Almost every expert that went on record said it was a bad idea and many warned him that he may not get drafted. All he did was hurt himself and he hurt VT's chances next season. Kinda selfish if you ask me.

_________________
"My goal is to destroy the New York Times and CNN... Once our voices are heard, then Democracy will happen."

- Andrew Breitbart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 28732
Location: Plastic Flotilla:Location Classified
Party: After 10
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
For the life of me I cannot understand why Evans thought it would be a good idea to declare early. Almost every expert that went on record said it was a bad idea and many warned him that he may not get drafted. All he did was hurt himself and he hurt VT's chances next season. Kinda selfish if you ask me.



There may be a family or grades reason.

_________________
You losers lost, take off the vagina suit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:01 pm
Posts: 7973
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.
Evans and Ford may not have moved up further next year either.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
I love UWS!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:31 pm
Posts: 5980
nolanvt wrote:
Evans and Ford may not have moved up further next year either.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Agree on Ford. Disagree on Evans. Too many people said he would greatly benefit from another year in school. If he would have led us to another Coastal crown or an ACC title, he would have got some major attention by the NFL. As it is, he's just a 1 year starter at a major P5 program that no team was willing to take a chance on.

_________________
"My goal is to destroy the New York Times and CNN... Once our voices are heard, then Democracy will happen."

- Andrew Breitbart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:01 pm
Posts: 7973
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Evans and Ford may not have moved up further next year either.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Agree on Ford. Disagree on Evans. Too many people said he would greatly benefit from another year in school. If he would have led us to another Coastal crown or an ACC title, he would have got some major attention by the NFL. As it is, he's just a 1 year starter at a major P5 program that no team was willing to take a chance on.


Definitely possible, but the other side of that argument is that he could regress due to losing his weapons on offense, or his injury risk increases given how much he was asked to run.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
I love UWS!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:16 am
Posts: 1701
Party: all the time
Evans should've stayed and probably could have secured himself a decent sized insurance policy in case of injury in 2017. Also agree that Ford had pretty much peaked and wasn't going to get down to a 4.3 40 in the next year.

_________________
Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 28732
Location: Plastic Flotilla:Location Classified
Party: After 10
Sounds like another Me-Angelo, but without the 5 star talent.

http://fanbuzz.com/story/an-undrafted-q ... draft-him/

_________________
You losers lost, take off the vagina suit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25 am
Posts: 7533
Major Kong wrote:
Especially Jerod Evans. :(

Super glad that Sam Rogers got drafted by the Rams...Sam is Ram Tough :!:


it is not easy to get into the NFL, only so many spots to fill. But everyone has to make their choice, it may be the wrong one though


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:01 pm
Posts: 7973
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.
That's hardly a rant (as the author described it).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
I love UWS!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:11 pm
Posts: 3247
Major Kong wrote:
Especially Jerod Evans. :(

Super glad that Sam Rogers got drafted by the Rams...Sam is Ram Tough :!:
I hate to speculate, but cannot help wondering if there weren't other (non-football) factors involved in his decision to declare for the draft.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:31 pm
Posts: 5980
I disagree with Evans' decision, but I can't understand why anyone that claims to be a Hokie would do this crap.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/05/nfl-dra ... s-reaction

_________________
"My goal is to destroy the New York Times and CNN... Once our voices are heard, then Democracy will happen."

- Andrew Breitbart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:20 pm
Posts: 8200
Location: New York, NY
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
I disagree with Evans' decision, but I can't understand why anyone that claims to be a Hokie would do this crap.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/05/nfl-dra ... s-reaction


Silly necks. I'd like to think it they are all non-alumni, but that is naive.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
"Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible." - DT(2013)

"We're not going to own it. I'm not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it." - DT(2017)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

Time zone: America/New_York [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme by ColorizeIt!