Alabama. Program in decline.

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Alabama. Program in decline.

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

Saban has lost it. Players were unprepared for bowl game. Or, maybe Saban still has it and you cant prepare players that dont want to be there. When you are used to winning NCs, this little bowl doesnt mean much. For Oklahoma, it looks like it means everything. They want this. Human nature plays a big part in these bowl games. Football is a tough sport and when you dont want to be there, it makes it extra tough.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: Alabama. Program in decline.

Post by Major Kong »

Utah. :)
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:Saban has lost it. Players were unprepared for bowl game. Or, maybe Saban still has it and you cant prepare players that dont want to be there. When you are used to winning NCs, this little bowl doesnt mean much. For Oklahoma, it looks like it means everything. They want this. Human nature plays a big part in these bowl games. Football is a tough sport and when you dont want to be there, it makes it extra tough.
Have the Alabama message boards fired Saban yet? He's 0-2 in his last two games.

By the way, I looked just out of curiosity to see who they play next year. Apparently, they got tired of beating us in the CFA preseason game so they are going to beat WVU in the CFA preseason game next year. Their non-conference schedule is cupcake city - other than WVU, they play FAU, USM, and WCU.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
hokie80
Party: Independent

Post by hokie80 »

BigDave wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:Saban has lost it. Players were unprepared for bowl game. Or, maybe Saban still has it and you cant prepare players that dont want to be there. When you are used to winning NCs, this little bowl doesnt mean much. For Oklahoma, it looks like it means everything. They want this. Human nature plays a big part in these bowl games. Football is a tough sport and when you dont want to be there, it makes it extra tough.
Have the Alabama message boards fired Saban yet? He's 0-2 in his last two games.

By the way, I looked just out of curiosity to see who they play next year. Apparently, they got tired of beating us in the CFA preseason game so they are going to beat WVU in the CFA preseason game next year. Their non-conference schedule is cupcake city - other than WVU, they play FAU, USM, and WCU.
I would imagine if Saban went 7-6 and 8-5 in his last two seasons and had an anemic offense and wasn't competitive in his conference then yes, they would be looking for a change.

Of course, Sana does have 3 NC's for Bama during his tenure, so he might get a bit of reprieve.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

hokie80 wrote:
BigDave wrote:

I would imagine if Saban went 7-6 and 8-5 in his last two seasons and had an anemic offense and wasn't competitive in his conference then yes, they would be looking for a change.

Of course, Sana does have 3 NC's for Bama during his tenure, so he might get a bit of reprieve.
It is amazing how quickly we have fallen to the ranks of the irrelevant. Hell, VT football might as well be Rutgers or Wake Forest right now.

In watching the UCLA game, I could not get over how much smaller our players looked on Offense. They brought men and we brought teenagers.

Frank really let complacency get the better of him. Those old offense coaches sucked azz as far as I am concerned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila