My advice to Logan T

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

My advice to Logan T

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Ask the coaches move you to TE. You will never play qb on the nfl. It is not your fault the receivers are terrible, but you don't throw the ball well enough to get to the next level. You are a great athlete though and you are not afraid to hit people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Valencia Hokie

Re: My advice to Logan T

Post by Valencia Hokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Ask the coaches move you to TE. You will never play qb on the nfl. It is not your fault the receivers are terrible, but you don't throw the ball well enough to get to the next level. You are a great athlete though and you are not afraid to hit people.

Meh. I think LT has mad upside at QB. Someone will take him as a project and I think he'll be a Kapernick. Right now he looks like the suck because NOBODY can catch the ball.

Grrr...
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

I agree...

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk 2
Louie DePalma

Post by Louie DePalma »

Valencia Hokie wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Ask the coaches move you to TE. You will never play qb on the nfl. It is not your fault the receivers are terrible, but you don't throw the ball well enough to get to the next level. You are a great athlete though and you are not afraid to hit people.

Meh. I think LT has mad upside at QB. Someone will take him as a project and I think he'll be a Kapernick. Right now he looks like the suck because NOBODY can catch the ball.

Grrr...
Hello? Tim Tebow? Is that you??
This is Louieland. You want America, go outside!
Bay_area_Hokie

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Valencia Hokie wrote:

Grrr...
Karpernick was a stud in college. You never heard of him because he played for Nevada. I saw the game where he beat Boise St and there is no comparison between him and LT. None.

Valencia Hokie

Post by Valencia Hokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
Valencia Hokie wrote:

Grrr...
Karpernick was a stud in college. You never heard of him because he played for Nevada. I saw the game where he beat Boise St and there is no comparison between him and LT. None.

Whoa there, big fella. Don't take your Asian home buyin, not closing frustration out on me.

Notice what I said. He IS a project and WILL be like Kapernick. LT was in the Heisman conversation last year because he lit it up the year before. With a good stable of receivers and protection, LT is a much, MUCH better QB. I do agree with FB (funny typing that), that LT is trying to do everything himself and that's why he looks so poor at times. If he had help, he'd look much better.

Kapernick, FWIR, was in a typical run and gun QB in college so his true QB skills were not entirely formed. I think he has only really found his down field touch since being with the 49'ers, under JH's tuteledge. Both guys are big, strong, quick and have tremendous arms. Yeah, same is true for Vince Young and Cam Newton, so I might be off on that. But I still think that LT is very good QB propsect and in the end, someone will turn him into a good West Coast offense type QB.

JMO
Bay_area_Hokie

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Valencia Hokie wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
Valencia Hokie wrote:

Reverend,

You will be happy to hear we relisted on a Sat and had a written offer by Tues, 3 days later. We are all good now, but I am suing the Asian mafia guy for sure.

I really don't think LT throws the ball well, and in fact last year his completion % was 52%. Even when he has Coale and Boykin on the team, his sophomore year, he was a hair shy of 60%.

Yes, Colin Kaepernick was considered a dual threat qb, but his senior year he threw 65% completions, had 3000 yds passing, 1000 rushing 22 TDs and very few pics.

I don't see LT ever getting those numbers throwing at people's feet.

I think Druckenmiller, Randall, and Marcus Vick were all better Hokie QBs and none had a real NFL career.

Grrr...

Whoa there, big fella. Don't take your Asian home buyin, not closing frustration out on me.

Notice what I said. He IS a project and WILL be like Kapernick. LT was in the Heisman conversation last year because he lit it up the year before. With a good stable of receivers and protection, LT is a much, MUCH better QB. I do agree with FB (funny typing that), that LT is trying to do everything himself and that's why he looks so poor at times. If he had help, he'd look much better.

Kapernick, FWIR, was in a typical run and gun QB in college so his true QB skills were not entirely formed. I think he has only really found his down field touch since being with the 49'ers, under JH's tuteledge. Both guys are big, strong, quick and have tremendous arms. Yeah, same is true for Vince Young and Cam Newton, so I might be off on that. But I still think that LT is very good QB propsect and in the end, someone will turn him into a good West Coast offense type QB.

JMO

Bay_area_Hokie

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
Valencia Hokie wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
Valencia Hokie wrote:

Reverend,

You will be happy to hear we relisted on a Sat and had a written offer by Tues, 3 days later. We are all good now, but I am suing the Asian mafia guy for sure.

I really don't think LT throws the ball well, and in fact last year his completion % was 52%. Even when he has Coale and Boykin on the team, his sophomore year, he was a hair shy of 60%.

Yes, Colin Kaepernick was considered a dual threat qb, but his senior year he threw 65% completions, had 3000 yds passing, 1000 rushing 22 TDs and very few pics.

I don't see LT ever getting those numbers throwing at people's feet.

I think Druckenmiller, Randall, and Marcus Vick were all better Hokie QBs and none had a real NFL career.

Grrr...

JMO

Dang it, last time I posted a reply it vanished. Dang iPhone...

Anyway Father Valenica, you will be happy to know the house situation is all good now. We re-listed on MLS on a Sat, and by the following Tuesday evening, we had a new offer.

As for Colin Kapernick, during his senior year his completion % was 65%, and he threw for 3000 yards and ran for 1000. His td to int ratio was over 2:1, and I am too lazy to look it up right now. He was considered dual threat, but he had very respectable passing numbers, unlike LT in 2012.

Regarding LT.....in his soph year, his completion percentage was a hair under 60%, and that was with Coale and Boykin, our all time numbers 1 & 2 at WR, along with Marcus Davis. The next year, he dropped to 52%, which puts him at the bottom of fcs QBs for 2012. He still had Marcus Davis in 2012. Yesterday, his WRs were terrible, but I saw a lot of passes hit people in the shoes. His completion % was around 20% btw.

If I look across all Hokie QBs in the modern era, I would say MV1 and TT were the A's. I would say Randall, Druckenmiller, and MV2 were the B's, and everyone else including LT is a C. The guys I give a B were all great in college and had no NFL careers at all.

We have just seen Tebow fail at being an NFL qb and LT is not anywhere close to him at UF. Like LT, he can't throw accurately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

We should rank the LT to TE/was a TE/recruiting gurus said he should be a TE/played TE in HS...Meme in the history of VT football. Is it up there with Macho Harris to TB? Is it up there with Metallica playing live at Lane? Is it up there with "Nike makes these different helmets- that they dont make"... Its up there for sure...
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Valencia Hokie wrote:

Grrr...
Too many worm-burners.
He's still throwing all over the place.
I like the kid. Seems like a good guy.
And he is definitely our best answer for QB right now, or he wouldn't be 1st string.
Still, the kid has accuracy issues.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.