So will the new AD's first action be a new basketball coach?

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
hokie80
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

So will the new AD's first action be a new basketball coach?

Post by hokie80 »

BigDave
Party: Republican

Re: So will the new AD's first action be a new basketball co

Post by BigDave »

There was one point during the second half of the game @BC that Bill Roth said if you are still listening, you must really be a dedicated fan.

That's just pathetic that we've gotten to that point.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

BigDave wrote:There was one point during the second half of the game @BC that Bill Roth said if you are still listening, you must really be a dedicated fan.

I can't imagine anyone had higher expectations. One of our rivals (who at the time were had a worse record than us in bball during our time in the ACC) considered him good enough to be there assistant coach. Then we hire him as a head coach. Brilliant move. That had winner written all over it.
People who know, know.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I haven't watched very much this year. Frankly, they are hard to watch.

They do not appear to be well coached, based on the lack of effort and fundamentals that I have seen. But I have not seen enough to attribute all of that to coaching at this time.

I do know that we have no players. The guards are dreadful, our big man looks like he is just starting to figure out how to move, and the closest thing we have to a player is Jerrell Eddie. And he is, to be kind, inconsistent.

John Wooden could not win with this team. What do you think, Dave? How much is coaching and how much is poor players?

BigDave wrote:There was one point during the second half of the game @BC that Bill Roth said if you are still listening, you must really be a dedicated fan.

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
SuwaneeTim820

Post by SuwaneeTim820 »

I sure hope so. If this isn't rock bottom, I don't know what is.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

SuwaneeTim820 wrote:I sure hope so. If this isn't rock bottom, I don't know what is.
Thing is, he doesn't seem to be all that great as a recruiter either. I mean, if he started landing some decent 4-star players and maybe a blue chipper, then that would be at least something. But he's not attracting quality ACC talent to be competitive.
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

TheH2 wrote:

I can't imagine anyone had higher expectations. One of our rivals (who at the time were had a worse record than us in bball during our time in the ACC) considered him good enough to be there assistant coach. Then we hire him as a head coach. Brilliant move. That had winner written all over it.
Jim weaver had given up by the time he made this hire. But I bet Johnson attends the company picnic.