This targeting rule is awful

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

This targeting rule is awful

Post by BigDave »

I'm watching CSU-Colorado. A CSU player hit the Colorado QB after he threw the ball. The flag came right out ... I thought "oh that's ticky tacky to call that roughing the passer". He maybe took a step, but you usually don't see them throw the flag for that.

Then they called "targeting" not roughing the passer.

It was a ridiculous call - there was no helmet to helmet hit - it was a good clean hug taking him to the ground.

The booth correctly overrules the ejection. But the idiotic flag stands.

If you're going to let them review the penalty, why not actually let them review it? This penalty let Colorado's drive continue and they got a FG out of it instead of a punt.

The Colorado coach himself said in his interview going into the half that it shouldn't have been a penalty.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Re: This targeting rule is awful

Post by Hokie CPA »

Same thing happened in the FAMU game yesterday. Good, clean, fundamentally sound, contact-wrap-and-drive tackles look like targeting to some of these refs and they're throwing the flag in the name of safety... Even though proper tackles are perfectly safe. It's a horrible rule and needs to be tossed out with the rubbish.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.