This kid is a d-bag

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

This kid is a d-bag

Post by Florida Hokie »

Hokie5150

Re: This kid is a d-bag

Post by Hokie5150 »

Nah, just a kid having some fun with his "moment in the sun". You'd be all smiles if he had an Old Miss and a Georgia hat on the table and pulled this trick with VT...
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

Hokie5150 wrote:
Nah, just a kid having some fun with his "moment in the sun". You'd be all smiles if he had an Old Miss and a Georgia hat on the table and pulled this trick with VT...
Has nothing to do with his choice. These whole spectacles are stupid but I don't blame him for that. That said, a number of schools offered you a great opportunity. Sh*tting on them when declaring your choice is a d-bag move.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Hokie5150 wrote:
I think Kevin Jones and Cornell Brown pulled something similar.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I think I recall kj doing it. And I recall thinking it was bush league.

Kids want their moment in the sun, I get that. But the problem is they want to put everyone else in the shade.

I think it's bad form, even for an 18 year old kid. Parents....?

awesome guy wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:I think I recall kj doing it. And I recall thinking it was bush league.

Kids want their moment in the sun, I get that. But the problem is they want to put everyone else in the shade.

I think it's bad form, even for an 18 year old kid. Parents....?

awesome guy wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
Agreed - no way I'd let my kid 1) have a presser on it and 2) if he did, pull that kind of stunt.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
Has nothing to do with his choice. These whole spectacles are stupid but I don't blame him for that. That said, a number of schools offered you a great opportunity. Sh*tting on them when declaring your choice is a d-bag move.
Not sure that he really sh**ted on Ole Miss and VT. VT knew he wasn't coming to VT in advance and, as rumor goes, VT didn't even give him a LOI for which he could have signed and submitted.

And sure, I would never want my kid to pull this goofiness off. I would like him/her to make an announcement with professionalism. This is a by product of what "recruiting" has become... These kids have gotten their butts kissed for the better part of 2 plus years by college coaches. Grown men reporters call and text with these kids so that they can give the scoop to message board posters who play premium dollar to know every whim of their recruitments along the way. Of course "monsters" are being created, DUH! Capitalism rules!

It is a great opportunity that these kids should appreciate. However, similar to my outlook on the Richard Sherman interview, I think it's kind of silly that we expect 17 year olds through NFL adults to be the epitome of class when being in the spotlight for playing a kid's game. A collective Lighten Up Francis is often an appropriate re-calibration for us sports fans.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

This is when parents need to step in. We live in a celebrity culture. Bad is good. Justin beiber, all the rap stars, most of Hollywood and most pro athletes, and duh, politicians.

Me, me, me, me, me, me.

Those are the role models. Not mom and dad. Not a teacher (that may be a good thing), and god forbid....not a soldier.

BG Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
Not sure that he really sh**ted on Ole Miss and VT. VT knew he wasn't coming to VT in advance and, as rumor goes, VT didn't even give him a LOI for which he could have signed and submitted.

And sure, I would never want my kid to pull this goofiness off. I would like him/her to make an announcement with professionalism. This is a by product of what "recruiting" has become... These kids have gotten their butts kissed for the better part of 2 plus years by college coaches. Grown men reporters call and text with these kids so that they can give the scoop to message board posters who play premium dollar to know every whim of their recruitments along the way. Of course "monsters" are being created, DUH! Capitalism rules!

It is a great opportunity that these kids should appreciate. However, similar to my outlook on the Richard Sherman interview, I think it's kind of silly that we expect 17 year olds through NFL adults to be the epitome of class when being in the spotlight for playing a kid's game. A collective Lighten Up Francis is often an appropriate re-calibration for us sports fans.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

While you are probably right, it's poor form to state the obvious in this instance. He's a kid.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

oaktonhokie wrote:This is when parents need to step in. We live in a celebrity culture. Bad is good. Justin beiber, all the rap stars, most of Hollywood and most pro athletes, and duh, politicians.

Me, me, me, me, me, me.

Those are the role models. Not mom and dad. Not a teacher (that may be a good thing), and god forbid....not a soldier.

BG Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:

The parents are the ones enabling it.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
While you are probably right, it's poor form to state the obvious in this instance. He's a kid.
He's either almost or is 18 years old. He can handle being called a douchebag. He should anyway, because it isn't the first time it is going to happen.

And for whoever made the connection to Richard Sherman - thug accusations - not even remotely close.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
He's either almost or is 18 years old. He can handle being called a douchebag. He should anyway, because it isn't the first time it is going to happen.

And for whoever made the connection to Richard Sherman - thug accusations - not even remotely close.
The connection I made to Richard Sherman didn't revolve around thug accusations/race. I thought I made that clear. My connection was that it's another example of how I find it silly that people hold these athletes playing a kid's game as having to be some standard of class.