ECU

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

ECU

Post by BigDave »

I was at the ODU @ ECU game this weekend. ECU has always been one of my favorite non-Lane places to see a game.

Their (ECU's) quarterback was an absurd 42-49 passing ... some of that was because ODU's coverage was just inept, but a lot of it was that he's pretty darned good. I will be very curious to see how our defense holds up against them in a couple of weeks.
2013-ODU-@-ECU-0024.jpg
2013-ODU-@-ECU-0024.jpg (213.09 KiB) Viewed 1517 times
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
cwtcr hokie

Re: ECU

Post by cwtcr hokie »

the ecu game like the GT game, da U game and the tarhole game are perfect for us as our D is stout and can shut the O's of those teams down, and even our O can score on the bad D's those teams have. I listened to part of that game and ODU was going up and down the field on the arrrrrrggghhh pirate D (if you can call it that).
BigDave wrote:I was at the ODU @ ECU game this weekend. ECU has always been one of my favorite non-Lane places to see a game.

Their (ECU's) quarterback was an absurd 42-49 passing ... some of that was because ODU's coverage was just inept, but a lot of it was that he's pretty darned good. I will be very curious to see how our defense holds up against them in a couple of weeks.
2013-ODU-@-ECU-0024.jpg
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:the ecu game like the GT game, da U game and the tarhole game are perfect for us as our D is stout and can shut the O's of those teams down, and even our O can score on the bad D's those teams have. I listened to part of that game and ODU was going up and down the field on the arrrrrrggghhh pirate D (if you can call it that).
BigDave wrote:I was at the ODU @ ECU game this weekend. ECU has always been one of my favorite non-Lane places to see a game.

2013-ODU-@-ECU-0024.jpg
Never underestimate the ability of our offense to make an opposing defense look good.
People who know, know.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I want to see that field, and their entrance.
Looks like a good venue.

Any guesses as to what Hokie:Pirate ratio will be in 2 weeks?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

that is why those games are good for us, our D can stuff the opponents O, our O only has to score field goals to get a win.
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:the ecu game like the GT game, da U game and the tarhole game are perfect for us as our D is stout and can shut the O's of those teams down, and even our O can score on the bad D's those teams have. I listened to part of that game and ODU was going up and down the field on the arrrrrrggghhh pirate D (if you can call it that).

2013-ODU-@-ECU-0024.jpg
Never underestimate the ability of our offense to make an opposing defense look good.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

They looked real good last night. Real good.
Salute the Marines
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Well ... They were playing a really bad team.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

BigDave wrote:Well ... They were playing a really bad team.
Yeah. That's my impression. Still, speed on the field, crisp routes, athleticism, ...all apparent. I became a bit more worried about the game last night.
Salute the Marines
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

Somethings never change. That's ok, new coordinators need time.
TheH2 wrote: Never underestimate the ability of our offense to make an opposing defense look good.
People who know, know.