The NBA Allstar game is a joke.

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

The NBA Allstar game is a joke.

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

I refuse to watch any more until the problem is fixed. 89-76 at half? I saw no entertainment in anything they were doing. Running up and down the court and dunking is an insult to fans. They act like fans haven't seen anyone dunk before. This should be Adam Silver's first order of business. It's the most boring thing I have ever seen.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: The NBA Allstar game is a joke.

Post by nolanvt »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:I refuse to watch any more until the problem is fixed. 89-76 at half? I saw no entertainment in anything they were doing. Running up and down the court and dunking is an insult to fans. They act like fans haven't seen anyone dunk before. This should be Adam Silver's first order of business. It's the most boring thing I have ever seen.
At least it's not deciding homecourt advantage (hey, where's CFB?) of the NBA Finals.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:I refuse to watch any more until the problem is fixed. 89-76 at half? I saw no entertainment in anything they were doing. Running up and down the court and dunking is an insult to fans. They act like fans haven't seen anyone dunk before. This should be Adam Silver's first order of business. It's the most boring thing I have ever seen.
At least it's not deciding homecourt advantage (hey, where's CFB?) of the NBA Finals.
I realize I'm probably in the minority, but I like The way baseball does its All Star game. It is the only sports all star game that is not a joke.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
I realize I'm probably in the minority, but I like The way baseball does its All Star game. It is the only sports all star game that is not a joke.
If MLB is going to use the All-Star game for that purpose, which I don't think it should, then they should play the game as if there's something riding on it. They still play and manage the game to get everyone to participate, and the best players are usually out of the game by the 6th inning.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
If MLB is going to use the All-Star game for that purpose, which I don't think it should, then they should play the game as if there's something riding on it. They still play and manage the game to get everyone to participate, and the best players are usually out of the game by the 6th inning.
First: home field advantage in postseason baseball is insignificant.

Second: baseball being what it is, each relatively equally matched team is going to win or lose, maybe, 55 games out of 100.
It's effectively the same as having it alternate every other year.

It's still an exhibition, but the players do try and it's an entertaining game to watch. Unlike the NBA or the Neon Sanders bowl.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
SuwaneeTim820
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by SuwaneeTim820 »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:I refuse to watch any more until the problem is fixed.
Remove all-star game and simply use this quote to refer to the NBA as a whole and you have my opinion.