For those of you that miss Raleigh Hokie's analysis, French

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

For those of you that miss Raleigh Hokie's analysis, French

Post by HokieHam »

over at The Key Play has done some great stuff. I'm thinking about ditching the pay side for TSL.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
UpstateSCHokie

Re: For those of you that miss Raleigh Hokie's analysis, Fre

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

You know its interesting. When UWS was on TSL, I felt a sort of loyalty to that website since I spent most of my online time on TSL UWS, but now that TSL has ditched UWS, I no longer feel much loyalty to it. My membership is coming up for renewal this month and I am still trying to decide if I want to renew. I've been a member since the Hokeicentral days.
HokieHam wrote:over at The Key Play has done some great stuff. I'm thinking about ditching the pay side for TSL.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:You know its interesting. When UWS was on TSL, I felt a sort of loyalty to that website since I spent most of my online time on TSL UWS, but now that TSL has ditched UWS, I no longer feel much loyalty to it. My membership is coming up for renewal this month and I am still trying to decide if I want to renew. I've been a member since the Hokeicentral days.
HokieHam wrote:over at The Key Play has done some great stuff. I'm thinking about ditching the pay side for TSL.
ditto.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:You know its interesting. When UWS was on TSL, I felt a sort of loyalty to that website since I spent most of my online time on TSL UWS, but now that TSL has ditched UWS, I no longer feel much loyalty to it. My membership is coming up for renewal this month and I am still trying to decide if I want to renew. I've been a member since the Hokeicentral days.
ditto.
Ditto for me too. Mine expired and I feel bad for not renewing, but haven't yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
burgrugby
Alma Mater: Hokie through and through
Party: Indy - leaning pub

Post by burgrugby »

Mine expired last year and I didn't renew. I've been on TSL too since back in the original Hokiecentral days. I didn't renew for a multitude of reasons.

First, with all the bloggers out there (like Bitter for example) I can get most of the inside information I enjoyed for free. Any breaking news that gets released on the pay boards tends to make its way to the free boards very quickly. The decline of the football program last year left me deflated. I couldn't get excited about the team, team news, stats, etc and I didn't feel like it was worth the money to access info that I didn't really care about. The biggest reason was the way I access TSL. I tend to spend most of my time on TSL during the day while I'm at work. Our work computers are very outdated. I'm still on IE7 (and am blocked by IT from upgrading or using another browser). TSL got really S L O W for me at work and got to the point it wasn't worth visiting at times.

The removal of UWS was just icing on the cake. Until our FB program gets back to being a national powerhouse (and if I ever regain my excitement over the team), I probably won't ever renew. It just seems that the older I get, the less I let the football team effect my life.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

I've too be a member since the Hokie Central days...

Post by Major Kong »

under the name Gaelic Hokie, then ArcticHokie and finally Major Kong.

My subscription expired last month and I haven't renewed and still haven't decided if I will...frankly as pointed out above there are other sites that I can and do get whatever info I would like to know.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Wow, The Key Play site is awesome.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:Wow, The Key Play site is awesome.
Agreed. Pretty nice.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Mine expired this week. HokieCentral was my #1 goto site on the internet since 1998 or so. Will runs a great site and I'm sure I'll sign back up eventually.

I just can't believe how disruptive their site changes have been. There is no community on the message boards at this point. thesabre.com is owned by the same company, but they didn't spend 18 months disrupting their user base. The whole thing is tough to figure out. They still have that awesome format, even if they have crappy users and content.

Either way, looks like BigDave has a good thing going here.