Nice crowd at the spring game.

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
oaktonhokie

Nice crowd at the spring game.

Post by oaktonhokie »

I think it was "Pretty Girls in Short Pants" day.

The football was boring as all spring games are. The offense was....offensive. Not sure if it's because the D is so good or what.

Lots of defensive starters out.

Very little yardage between the tackles. As usual.

A brilliant catch by byrne. ESPN top ten kinda catch. Down the sideline, 40 yards downfield, half step ahead of the defender, ball slightly overthrown.... He leaped for the ball and stretched out full, caught it with one hand and pulled it in.

Quarterbacks....um, no. I'm no expert but, no. Not terrible, but not much positive. Ford got very few snaps. Maybe the coaches have already pegged him.

I talked with a guy who talked to a guy....who said the plan is for one of the boys coming in this summer to be the man.

Beautiful weather, nice crowd, enter sandman, pretty girls in short pants.

A good day in the burg.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
UpstateSCHokie

Re: Nice crowd at the spring game.

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

I'm guessing (hoping) that the coaches think/know that Brewer has all the tools to come in and be "the man" immediately.

I was kind of hoping that we had enough in Leal, Motley, and Brewer to safely red shirt both Ford and Durkin. Given Ford's lack of reps, I think its all but settled that he redshirts, but Durkin seems to be the real wild card in all of this. The guy will be a true freshmen but it sounds like he's got enough skills to come in and contend. If he does and he's the best we got then great, but I really hope one of the upper classmen has the talent to be the starter, because I do not like the idea of playing a true frosh against Ohio State in the 2nd game of the season.
oaktonhokie wrote:I think it was "Pretty Girls in Short Pants" day.

The football was boring as all spring games are. The offense was....offensive. Not sure if it's because the D is so good or what.

Lots of defensive starters out.

Very little yardage between the tackles. As usual.

A brilliant catch by byrne. ESPN top ten kinda catch. Down the sideline, 40 yards downfield, half step ahead of the defender, ball slightly overthrown.... He leaped for the ball and stretched out full, caught it with one hand and pulled it in.

Quarterbacks....um, no. I'm no expert but, no. Not terrible, but not much positive. Ford got very few snaps. Maybe the coaches have already pegged him.

I talked with a guy who talked to a guy....who said the plan is for one of the boys coming in this summer to be the man.

Beautiful weather, nice crowd, enter sandman, pretty girls in short pants.

A good day in the burg.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: Nice crowd at the spring game.

Post by Major Kong »

oaktonhokie wrote:I think it was "Pretty Girls in Short Pants" day.
SHUN :!: :!: :!:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.