Please Johnny Football.

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Please Johnny Football.

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

Get drafted already. If last week as Donald Sterling week, this is Johnny Manziel week. Is he the only player in the draft. What is so fascinating? Does ESPN think this is good for ratings? It's not.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
UpstateSCHokie

Re: Please Johnny Football.

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:Get drafted already. If last week as Donald Sterling week, this is Johnny Manziel week. Is he the only player in the draft. What is so fascinating? Does ESPN think this is good for ratings? It's not.
This post begs the question, who has the hotter girlfriend; Johnny Manziel or AJ McCarron?

I give you exhibit A (Manziel's girlfriend Sarah Savage):

and exhibit B (McCarron's girlfriend Kathrine Webb):
Last edited by BigDave on Thu May 08, 2014 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Hotlinked images removed

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:Get drafted already. If last week as Donald Sterling week, this is Johnny Manziel week. Is he the only player in the draft. What is so fascinating? Does ESPN think this is good for ratings? It's not.
This post begs the question, who has the hotter girlfriend; Johnny Manziel or AJ McCarron?

To your question, I'll let our president elect answer: What difference, at this point, does it make?
Last edited by BigDave on Thu May 08, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

Manziels girl is take home hot. MCCarron's girl is take to your Mama hot.

Manziels girl gets the win!
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Last edited by BigDave on Thu May 08, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Please don't hotlink images from other websites (unless that website explicitly grants permission to do it, for example, Wikipedia).

If you want to post an image, download it. If the image is more than 1000 pixels wide, open it in Paint or some other image editor and reduce the size. Upload it here and include it in your post.

In addition to not stealing bandwidth from other websites, this prevents your image from being quoted thirty times.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
CWHOKIECPA
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

BigDave wrote:Please don't hotlink images from other websites (unless that website explicitly grants permission to do it, for example, Wikipedia).

If you want to post an image, download it. If the image is more than 1000 pixels wide, open it in Paint or some other image editor and reduce the size. Upload it here and include it in your post.

In addition to not stealing bandwidth from other websites, this prevents your image from being quoted thirty times.
Uhh, you are going to put the images back using your method, right?
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
BigDave wrote:Please don't hotlink images from other websites (unless that website explicitly grants permission to do it, for example, Wikipedia).

Uhh, you are going to put the images back using your method, right?
Well, one of them wasn't even showing up - it was just a message about hotlinking.

If you visit a website and view an image, that image is cached in your browser. So when you then post the message here and hotlink to it, you're still seeing the cached copy and have no idea that there is a problem. So even if it looks good to you, that doesn't mean it looks good to everyone.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Not to worry.

He is going to Cleveland, you'll never hear from him again.

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

What's the difference between a "hot linked" image, and just posting an image using the "[ img]http://url[ /img] method? I thought I posted those images the same why that I always do?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

What's the difference between a "hot linked" image, and just posting an image using the "[ img]http://url[ /img] method? I thought I posted those images the same why that I always do?
Posting the image using the "[ img]http://url[ /img] method is hotlinking the image.

When you link directly to an image on someone else's web server without their permission, you are stealing bandwidth from them. Users of our board are viewing the image on their server, slowing their site down, without visiting their site and viewing their ads or having an opportunity to buy their product.

(This has nothing to do with copyright. Copyright is a completely separate issue. Since you're probably posting the image here for either satire or for the purpose of making commentary about it, your use of the image is probably covered under "fair use".)

Some sites - Wikipedia comes to mind - explicitly encourage you to hotlink to their images. For example, if you go to http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... a_Tech.JPG and look at this photo of Burruss Hall from someone named "CBGator87", there is a link at the top that says "Use this file on the web". If you click on that link, they give you the BBCode to embed and properly attribute the image:

Burruss Hall, Virginia Tech [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], by CBGator87, from Wikimedia Commons

So they are saying, please hotlink to our images, we want you to. Most websites are not that way, though. And a few of them even take steps to actively prevent you from hotlinking by checking the referral URL.

It is always best to download the image. You can upload it here or you can use something like http://brinkleys.org/users/tsl/Default.aspx ... which a TSL user set up for the purpose of uploading photos to post on TSL.

There are limitations to the size of the image you can upload here, so if you want to show something larger, brinkleys is a better option.