Reason #1,457 as to why MLB is stupid

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Reason #1,457 as to why MLB is stupid

Post by Florida Hokie »

nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Reason #1,457 as to why MLB is stupid

Post by nolanvt »

Unwritten rules guy is the worst. "HE WAS TRYING TO GET ON BASE!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Meh I never paid much attention to the unwritten rules of baseball even when I played. :)
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Major Kong wrote:Meh I never paid much attention to the unwritten rules of baseball even when I played. :)
Me neither. I think Colby Lewis just topped the time Curt Schilling complained a player was trying to bunt his way onto base to break up a no-hitter in a 2-0 game. Nevermind that would've brought the tying run to the plate.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Evidently, there is no rule either written or unwritten, about putting on the defensive shift in that situation.

According to the crybaby, it's against the unwritten rule to try and beat the shift.

nolanvt wrote:
Major Kong wrote:Meh I never paid much attention to the unwritten rules of baseball even when I played. :)
Me neither. I think Colby Lewis just topped the time Curt Schilling complained a player was trying to bunt his way onto base to break up a no-hitter in a 2-0 game. Nevermind that would've brought the tying run to the plate.

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:Evidently, there is no rule either written or unwritten, about putting on the defensive shift in that situation.

According to the crybaby, it's against the unwritten rule to try and beat the shift.

nolanvt wrote:

I agree with your point. It could just as easily be an "unwritten" rule that playing with 4 outfielders (i.e. the shift) is verboten. CL is a tool.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

I played baseball for years.

Never heard of that one.
SuwaneeTim820

Post by SuwaneeTim820 »

nolanvt wrote:

Ever since that game I've hoped to randomly see Bob Brenly walking down the street so I could tell him he's an idiot.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

I REALLY don't think this is an unwritten rule. I think the pitcher is way off base. If anything, the shift trend in baseball should violate an unwritten rule (see I can invent one too) and, frankly, those leftys that have to face the shift should ALL bunt more often. I think that would be a major benefit to baseball as a good counter that the defense now has to consider.

The entire premise of being mad at an opponent for finding a good counter to the other team's strategy is absurd.