NCAA to grant Big 5 conferences autonomy

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

NCAA to grant Big 5 conferences autonomy

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: NCAA to grant Big 5 conferences autonomy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:Yes, the ACC made the cut...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... 02467.html

so conferences are going to set their going rates? Better grab the ankles trying to keep up with the SEC and TX.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
oaktonhokie

Re: NCAA to grant Big 5 conferences autonomy

Post by oaktonhokie »

College sports as we know them are dead.

That should be a good thing since the ncaa is a joke. A bunch of hypocrites and busy bodies who as I've said in the past, will track down an assistant coach in a D2 school in Idaho who gave a kid a cheeseburger, while ignoring the cesspool of cheating and scandal at unc and Miami.

But my guess is that the new organization will forget that the purpose of a university is to educate kids, not win football games.

My fear is that academic standards will be lowered, ticket prices will be raised to cover the "stipend" given to athletes.

When college kids are paid, i'll turn in my season tickets. They will no longer be students who play football (not that most of them fit that definition anyway) they will be athletes playing under the auspices and for money paid by a university.

My big fear is that this will kill the goose that lays golden eggs.

I posted an excellent article a few months back on the negative changes happening at the university of Michigan. The idiot administrators couldn't figure out why the fans were not as excited, faithful and generous as in the past. They love football, right?

Not idiot, they love MICHIGAN football. When the connection between the university and the players is reduced to being one of employer and employee, the college game is gone.

Again, this is my fear not a prediction.

awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:Yes, the ACC made the cut...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... 02467.html

so conferences are going to set their going rates? Better grab the ankles trying to keep up with the SEC and TX.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.