Hoos looked decent in that UCLA game

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Hoos looked decent in that UCLA game

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

London calling that run on 3rd and 10 reminded me of Bill Dooley :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Hoos looked decent in that UCLA game

Post by nolanvt »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:London calling that run on 3rd and 10 reminded me of Bill Dooley :p

Yup. That series of downs was classic Mike London.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:London calling that run on 3rd and 10 reminded me of Bill Dooley :p

Yeah, that was ridiculous. However, a couple good calls he made were 1) bringing in Johns, the obvious new starter I presume, and 2) they went for it on 4th down when they were technically in the kicker's FG range. They still only got a field after converting the 4th but it was much higher percentage and I thought going for it at home against a supposedly superior opponent was definitely the right call.

Their defense looks good, probably better than ours when comparing our respective games/opponents.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

BG Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Yeah, that was ridiculous. However, a couple good calls he made were 1) bringing in Johns, the obvious new starter I presume, and 2) they went for it on 4th down when they were technically in the kicker's FG range. They still only got a field after converting the 4th but it was much higher percentage and I thought going for it at home against a supposedly superior opponent was definitely the right call.

Their defense looks good, probably better than ours when comparing our respective games/opponents.
I did like the 4th down call. Unless it was an obvious situation that would call for a FG, it's generally better to go for it in plus territory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead