Very difficult to get out of town scores at Lane stadium.

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
oaktonhokie

Very difficult to get out of town scores at Lane stadium.

Post by oaktonhokie »

On the big scoreboard they occasionally gave scores for other Virginia teams. As much as I wanted to know how vmi, Old Dominion, and Hampton were doing, I would have liked to see the scores of Alabama versus West Virginia for example.

Our game started at 4 p.m. Other games were already well underway. Before the game, the big scoreboard had a continuous logo about 50 years of Lane Stadium. Fine. Could they have occasionally mixed in some scores from around the country?

Are other scores a secret? The one tiny board in the end zone is hard to see, and you get scores of three games, usually inconsequential ones, and then a 20 second ad.

We can do better.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Re: Very difficult to get out of town scores at Lane stadiu

Post by BigDave »

oaktonhokie wrote:On the big scoreboard they occasionally gave scores for other Virginia teams. As much as I wanted to know how vmi, Old Dominion, and Hampton were doing, I would have liked to see the scores of Alabama versus West Virginia for example.

Our game started at 4 p.m. Other games were already well underway. Before the game, the big scoreboard had a continuous logo about 50 years of Lane Stadium. Fine. Could they have occasionally mixed in some scores from around the country?

Are other scores a secret? The one tiny board in the end zone is hard to see, and you get scores of three games, usually inconsequential ones, and then a 20 second ad.

We can do better.
The big board went through the scores a handful of times throughout the game
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I left at the end of the 3rd quarter. I don't recall ever seeing any scores on the big board, other than ACC scores and scores from the state of Virginia. Not once, if I recall correctly.

BigDave wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:On the big scoreboard they occasionally gave scores for other Virginia teams. As much as I wanted to know how vmi, Old Dominion, and Hampton were doing, I would have liked to see the scores of Alabama versus West Virginia for example.

We can do better.
The big board went through the scores a handful of times throughout the game
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

We can do better.
That's what smart phones are for.
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

We can do better.
Get a smartphone. Be smart.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

That's a great idea.

I know, maybe I'll just stay home and watch the game on my smart TV and use my smartphone.

I think the football stadiums around the country should make it as inconvenient as possible to enjoy the game environment, and it just advise people to bring electronic devices to the stadium so they can get information at the stadium chooses not to provide.

Here's another thought, don't show instant replays on the big screen. Just advise people to bring smartphones and they can watch the game on the computer while they sit in the stands that they paid a lot of money for.

Good plan.

Homebrew wrote:

We can do better.
Get a smartphone. Be smart.
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:That's a great idea.

I know, maybe I'll just stay home and watch the game on my smart TV and use my smartphone.

I think the football stadiums around the country should make it as inconvenient as possible to enjoy the game environment, and it just advise people to bring electronic devices to the stadium so they can get information at the stadium chooses not to provide.

Here's another thought, don't show instant replays on the big screen. Just advise people to bring smartphones and they can watch the game on the computer while they sit in the stands that they paid a lot of money for.

Good plan.
Strange - you'd think you'd go to Lane Stadium to watch the Hokies play versus go for score updates from other games.

Of course, you left during the third quarter so perhaps you weren't there to cheer on the Hokies.

Call me crazy.