I won't keep doing this.

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

I won't keep doing this.

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

I won't keep giving my money to a loser. It makes me feel like I'm buying an engagement ring for that girl that **** every guy when she was younger and hotter. I refuse to do it. Piss poor coaching, period.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
hokie80
Party: Independent

Re: I won't keep doing this.

Post by hokie80 »

Beamer is the most overreacted coach in D1. He's made a "legacy" of feasting on subpar competition and had one real glory year with a once in lifetime player that could overcome bad coaching. I wish he would retire.
PolyTech

Post by PolyTech »

Familiar feeling, isn't it?

I thought things were different this year after OSU.

Seriously, it's like Brewer is getting worse the more our coaches work on him.
#JusticeForNolan
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

I won't keep doing this.

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Omg, we sound like tsl. Look, Beamer didn't throw three pics in the game. As for Brewer, there is a reason he isn't starting at Texas Tech. He would have stayed if he would have been the starter. Breathe deep ..... [emoji8]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Maybe I'm the only one, but as depressing as the last two games have been, I like the team and I like brewer.

Brewer is a leader. The three interceptions he threw were horrible, ridiculous, inexcusable, and they cost us the game. However something about that kid I like.

I think there are good things out there. Hopefully, we will improve and contend for the coastal title. Or not.

But I like this team better than the last couple years.

For now, anyway.

And I like the play calling much more than the last couple years.

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Omg, we sound like tsl. Look, Beamer didn't throw three pics in the game. As for Brewer, there is a reason he isn't starting at Texas Tech. He would have stayed if he would have been the starter. Breathe deep ..... [emoji8]

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Brewer's picks were obviously bad, but how many illegal substitutions did we have? I think Brewer *could* be a good QB, but the OL needs to give him time and the O needs to get in a rhythm. This was a team loss just like the ECU game.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

I like Brewer too Oakton..,,he reminds me of a AFL gunslinger type qb....all leadership and moxie, not an incredible athlete.

He blew this one for us, but I think he will win some for us too. My point was to not blame this on CFB, as without those pics,me win that game.

“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

Meh. Game has passed Beamer by. We are (at best) a middle of the road ACC team.
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

hokie80 wrote:Beamer is the most overreacted coach in D1. He's made a "legacy" of feasting on subpar competition and had one real glory year with a once in lifetime player that could overcome bad coaching. I wish he would retire.

Someone please talk 80 off the ledge!
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

I won't keep giving my money to a loser. It makes me feel like I'm buying an engagement ring for that girl that **** every guy when she was younger and hotter. I refuse to do it. Piss poor coaching, period.

Do you have tickets and a parking pass available?
CWHOKIECPA
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:I won't keep giving my money to a loser. It makes me feel like I'm buying an engagement ring for that girl that **** every guy when she was younger and hotter. I refuse to do it. Piss poor coaching, period.

Do you have tickets and a parking pass available?
I do. Why are you asking? Someone looking for season tickets? Don't they have packages available? Why don't you buy one of those? If you can't afford it I have an idea. Stop buying jewelry for your wife.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:I won't keep giving my money to a loser. It makes me feel like I'm buying an engagement ring for that girl that **** every guy when she was younger and hotter. I refuse to do it. Piss poor coaching, period.
I'm sure they'll miss you...
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

oaktonhokie wrote:Brewer is a leader. The three interceptions he threw were horrible, ridiculous, inexcusable, and they cost us the game.]
Not being able to stop a run team on a 4th and 15 cost us the game. THAT was inexcusable...
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

so make sure you beat the drum to drive Beamer out, the most winningest active coach today... great plan

Beamer did not throw the horrible int's and we now know why Brewer transferred from TT, he is a turnover machine. But we all knew we had QB questions coming into 2014 and we also know we have some very promising prospects behind brewer.....so no we are not winning an MNC in 2014, which we all knew if Winston can stay out of jail was not going to happen anyways......
hokie80 wrote:Meh. Game has passed Beamer by. We are (at best) a middle of the road ACC team.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

thanks for defining a band wagon fan..... college ball is up and down, every team goes thru it.... did ya see the LSU game?
CWHOKIECPA wrote:I won't keep giving my money to a loser. It makes me feel like I'm buying an engagement ring for that girl that **** every guy when she was younger and hotter. I refuse to do it. Piss poor coaching, period.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:so make sure you beat the drum to drive Beamer out, the most winningest active coach today... great plan

Beamer did not throw the horrible int's and we now know why Brewer transferred from TT, he is a turnover machine. But we all knew we had QB questions coming into 2014 and we also know we have some very promising prospects behind brewer.....so no we are not winning an MNC in 2014, which we all knew if Winston can stay out of jail was not going to happen anyways......
hokie80 wrote:Meh. Game has passed Beamer by. We are (at best) a middle of the road ACC team.
Beamer is going to retire at some point. The program has been in decline. It's not an issue of winning the National Championship. We can't even win the ACC anymore.

Bowden had more wins than Beamer before he was asked to leave. And FSU is better for it.

I LOL at those of you who think the program will just shut down with Beamer gone. Ever stop and think that maybe, just maybe it would get better?
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

Hokie5150 wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:Brewer is a leader. The three interceptions he threw were horrible, ridiculous, inexcusable, and they cost us the game.]
Not being able to stop a run team on a 4th and 15 cost us the game. THAT was inexcusable...

Without those 3 turnovers we win the game. Period. And yet Beamer chose to keep Brewer in.

I'm not saying that Brewer doesn't have potential. But Beamer NEVER will make a switch to see IF it would change momentum.

For the love of pete - Ga. Southern scored more points on GT than we did.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

hokie80 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:so make sure you beat the drum to drive Beamer out, the most winningest active coach today... great plan

Beamer is going to retire at some point. The program has been in decline. It's not an issue of winning the National Championship. We can't even win the ACC anymore.

Bowden had more wins than Beamer before he was asked to leave. And FSU is better for it.

I LOL at those of you who think the program will just shut down with Beamer gone. Ever stop and think that maybe, just maybe it would get better?
Just to note - VT isn't FSU. VT isn't going to throw FSU level money at it. We'll get a decent coach but I wouldn't expect a dramatic improvement.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

Florida Hokie wrote:
hokie80 wrote:

Just to note - VT isn't FSU. VT isn't going to throw FSU level money at it. We'll get a decent coach but I wouldn't expect a dramatic improvement.
We used to be better than FSU and they've always had money. You are underestimating the impact a good coach can make in reviving a program.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Having the most wins among active coaches is essentially useless to evaluate a coach's current performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

nolanvt wrote:

Having the most wins among active coaches is essentially useless to evaluate a coach's current performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya think? 8-)
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

hokie80 wrote:We used to be better than FSU and they've always had money.
:lol:
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

Florida Hokie wrote:
hokie80 wrote:We used to be better than FSU and they've always had money.
:lol:
Dense much? We actually used to win the ACC. Of course, that was when FSU had an over-the-hill coach that let their program run down.

Oops.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

hokie80 wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:Without those 3 turnovers we win the game. Period.
Make a stop against a run team on 4th and 15 and we win the game. Period. There's plenty of blame to around.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

Florida Hokie wrote:Just to note - VT isn't FSU. VT isn't going to throw FSU level money at it. We'll get a decent coach but I wouldn't expect a dramatic improvement.
Yep...and will likely flounder around 7-9 win seasons for a couple of years before moving on the next new coach.