Big win tonight boys and girls!

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Big win tonight boys and girls!

Post by HokieJoe »

Our D looked great against that quirky GT option. Our O had it's great moments, and not so great moments. My thoughts on the offense are that the addition of new coaches, new scheme, and green to average skill players, has made for a difficult year for LT. I honestly think LT has gotten a bad rap. He had great receivers and Wilson his first year. Last year he had nothing to work with. This year, he's dealing with new coaches/scheme. My hope is the D keeps us in the Conference chase until the O can somehow gel together. If that' even possible.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
BigDave
Party: Republican

Re: Big win tonight boys and girls!

Post by BigDave »

In other news, I know how I'm going to die - heart attack during a Virginia Tech sporting event.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

BigDave wrote:In other news, I know how I'm going to die - heart attack during a Virginia Tech sporting event.
Hopefully when you're 125 yrs. old hugging a pretty Hokie cheerleader. :)
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

we can't be beat for the excitement value this year, coming to the last minutes in every game, awesome win tho
BigDave wrote:In other news, I know how I'm going to die - heart attack during a Virginia Tech sporting event.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:we can't be beat for the excitement value this year, coming to the last minutes in every game, awesome win tho
The amazing thing for me was that last night, for the first time in a very long time, I didn't have that nagging feeling in the back of my mind of "We're going to throw this game away." It felt like VT was there to do business and was in control the whole time. It was a nice (and perhaps fleeting) change of a pace...
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Hokie5150 wrote:The amazing thing for me was that last night, for the first time in a very long time, I didn't have that nagging feeling in the back of my mind of "We're going to throw this game away." It felt like VT was there to do business and was in control the whole time. It was a nice (and perhaps fleeting) change of a pace...
This defense is just phenomenal. If you look at Bud's best defensive seasons numerically ...

1999 #3 total, #1 scoring
2001 #2 total, #2 scoring
2004 #4 total, #2 scoring
2005 #1 total, #2 scoring
2006 #1 total, #1 scoring
2007 #4 total, #3 scoring

... this one is definitely looking like it's way up the list. I'm not sure I would take any of the previous defenses over this one ...
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Not to pee on our Christmas tree, but we ran for ONE YARD not counting Lt.

We won I'm happy.
Our defense was wonderful I'm happy.
Lthomas looked good I'm happy.

Running game was non existent....

HokieJoe wrote:Our D looked great against that quirky GT option. Our O had it's great moments, and not so great moments. My thoughts on the offense are that the addition of new coaches, new scheme, and green to average skill players, has made for a difficult year for LT. I honestly think LT has gotten a bad rap. He had great receivers and Wilson his first year. Last year he had nothing to work with. This year, he's dealing with new coaches/scheme. My hope is the D keeps us in the Conference chase until the O can somehow gel together. If that' even possible.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:Not to pee on our Christmas tree, but we ran for ONE YARD not counting Lt.

We won I'm happy.
Our defense was wonderful I'm happy.
Lthomas looked good I'm happy.

Running game was non existent....

Maybe GT has a great running D ?? I don't know. They no longer have dumbass as their defensive coordinator so its possible they are a really good D too.

I have been as critical as anyone this year regarding LT, but I have to say he had the spark last night. I thought he had his groove back last night. Looked like he was having fun. I think in 2012 he might have had too much BS going on in his brain about looking this way or that way, for NFL scouts. Probably lots of voices in his head telling him this or that. Last night he looked like a guy playing on the playground, and just wanted to win. We'll be fine if he stays with this attitude.

The defensive is sick.
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila