Odds that Brewer has at least 2 INT's in the UNC game?

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
hokie80
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Odds that Brewer has at least 2 INT's in the UNC game?

Post by hokie80 »

This game is make or break for the season. I'm tired of hearing the excuses (youth, o-line, no running game, no receivers, injuries).

All teams face injuries and it's up to the coaching staff to recruit the players for the O-line and coach them up.

I hope we beat UNC...but somehow I'm expecting more bonehead coaching gaffes.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Odds that Brewer has at least 2 INT's in the UNC game?

Post by nolanvt »

hokie80 wrote:This game is make or break for the season. I'm tired of hearing the excuses (youth, o-line, no running game, no receivers, injuries).

All teams face injuries and it's up to the coaching staff to recruit the players for the O-line and coach them up.

He's got to progress to the mean at some point. Put me down for only one Brewer turnover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

I agree, telling brewer to throw it to the wrong team continually is a bone head coaching move..... our injuries are stacking up, that is a fact, not an excuse, but the coastal is still wide open.
hokie80 wrote:This game is make or break for the season. I'm tired of hearing the excuses (youth, o-line, no running game, no receivers, injuries).

hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:I agree, telling brewer to throw it to the wrong team continually is a bone head coaching move..... our injuries are stacking up, that is a fact, not an excuse, but the coastal is still wide open.

You defend our coaching staff like Obama supporters defend him.

They can do no wrong.

BTW - Brewer is on pace to throw 26-28 picks this year. If he does that, was it a wise coaching move to stick with him?

And please - all teams have injuries.

Substitution penalties is on the coaches.

Clock management is on the coaches.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

hokie80 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:I agree, telling brewer to throw it to the wrong team continually is a bone head coaching move..... our injuries are stacking up, that is a fact, not an excuse, but the coastal is still wide open.

They can do no wrong.

BTW - Brewer is on pace to throw 26-28 picks this year. If he does that, was it a wise coaching move to stick with him?

Substitution penalties are definitely on coaching. No doubt. To still be dealing with that in the 4th game after implementing the no huddle is bad.

Do you think the coaches should bench Brewer? I don't think he's as good as we thought he was post OSU but I'm by no means clamoring for the backup.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

BG Hokie wrote:
hokie80 wrote:

They can do no wrong.

Substitution penalties are definitely on coaching. No doubt. To still be dealing with that in the 4th game after implementing the no huddle is bad.

Do you think the coaches should bench Brewer? I don't think he's as good as we thought he was post OSU but I'm by no means clamoring for the backup.
Sometimes you make an in-game switch. Even if it's for a series or two. See if it provides a spark. Supposedly Leal and Brewer were >that< close before the starter was named. I would give him a chance if Brewer is ineffective and see what happens at least. And THAT is coaching decision
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

hokie80 wrote:Sometimes you make an in-game switch. Even if it's for a series or two. See if it provides a spark. Supposedly Leal and Brewer were >that< close before the starter was named. I would give him a chance if Brewer is ineffective and see what happens at least. And THAT is coaching decision
I don't know how real that is and how much it's coachspeak. Beamer said similar platitudes about Holt, Ju Ju, and other backups who were never in a million years going to see the field so long as the starter was able to play.

I think the gap must be really pretty far if Brewer is and continues to be the man. One of the coaches (Shane?) said on Hokie Hotline that Brewer struggles with snaps under center because he was never under center before coming here. If that alone isn't enough to elevate Leal over him, they're not close.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU

Post by Major Kong »

I like Brewer and commend him on his toughness...fella has taken some hellacious shots.

He trying to make plays but he has to get to point in his progressions that protecting the ball is paramount.

It was said his football smarts are off the charts well it's time SL has to reinforce that thought thru severe rote, cattle prods, shocking collars and naked pictures of Rosie O'Donnell.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:I like Brewer and commend him on his toughness...fella has taken some hellacious shots.

He trying to make plays but he has to get to point in his progressions that protecting the ball is paramount.

It was said his football smarts are off the charts well it's time SL has to reinforce that thought thru severe rote, cattle prods, shocking collars and naked pictures of Rosie O'Donnell.
I think he's just too short and can't see the boundaries. So the remedy is moving the pocket so he can see. His ints seem mostly by the sidelines.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

hey 80, did ya notice what the noles looked like with Winston on the sidelines, should Jimbo have another Winston on the sideline (according to your theory) Also how did the noles get behind and almost beat by a very bad wolfpack team, should Jimbo have other players to play D for him (according to your theory).

Did ya notice what happened to Ohio State without Braxton? hint.... we beat em

even the "best" coaches on the planet do not have a whole roster of awesome players, injury is part of the game and we have had quite a few this year, not an excuse, its a fact

As for the coaches for 2014 sorry I don't blame them for turnovers on offense. As for the sub penalties we had in the prior game the players are supposed to know the packages and supposed to know when to come in and out, everybody sees the same signals. How many did we have on the O in the WMU game? I realize your only solution is to fire coaches but I don't see coaching issues, I see execution issues and the reason we have two losses is plain and simple... the DAMN INTERCEPTIONS.

As for Leal, no idea what he can do but until Durkin or Motley take over we knew we had qb issues once LT left. not shocking.... again see noles, looked putrid with their second string QB in the game

hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:hey 80, did ya notice what the noles looked like with Winston on the sidelines, should Jimbo have another Winston on the sideline (according to your theory) Also how did the noles get behind and almost beat by a very bad wolfpack team, should Jimbo have other players to play D for him (according to your theory).

even the "best" coaches on the planet do not have a whole roster of awesome players, injury is part of the game and we have had quite a few this year, not an excuse, its a fact

As for the coaches for 2014 sorry I don't blame them for turnovers on offense. As for the sub penalties we had in the prior game the players are supposed to know the packages and supposed to know when to come in and out, everybody sees the same signals. How many did we have on the O in the WMU game? I realize your only solution is to fire coaches but I don't see coaching issues, I see execution issues and the reason we have two losses is plain and simple... the DAMN INTERCEPTIONS.

As for Leal, no idea what he can do but until Durkin or Motley take over we knew we had qb issues once LT left. not shocking.... again see noles, looked putrid with their second string QB in the game

So when Frank retires, according to your logic, we should just fold the program because no one can replace him.

Got it.

Frank is not a top tier game day coach. He simply isn't it. Far too many mistakes that are bonehead. We've had bad O-lines for a while. Who recruits these guys and coaches them? No running game? All the players? Really?

The program is stagnant at best. The fact is, we've regressed in our own conference. This isn't about being a National Championship contender. It's about just competing in the ACC conference (which is one of, if not the, weakest of the power 5.

Your logic is, well, devoid of logic.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

no, when Frank retires we hire are new HC, but currently we have one of the most winningest coaches on the planet as our HC, not a bad deal. As for game day decisions, EVERY coach makes em, did ya see the bama auburn game last year? As for our running game, correct after many years of lots of success we had two down years in a row, of course down for us is .500 seasons and bowl games (also not bad). The running game has looked better at times this year but yes the OL is still a work in progress as it is for a lot of college ball these days. Are we a great team, not yet, is there a lot of talent on the team now and the future looks good, for sure. Sorry you expect perfection, not even bama can do that and they have all 5 * guys
hokie80 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:hey 80, did ya notice what the noles looked like with Winston on the sidelines, should Jimbo have another Winston on the sideline (according to your theory) Also how did the noles get behind and almost beat by a very bad wolfpack team, should Jimbo have other players to play D for him (according to your theory).

So when Frank retires, according to your logic, we should just fold the program because no one can replace him.

Got it.

Frank is not a top tier game day coach. He simply isn't it. Far too many mistakes that are bonehead. We've had bad O-lines for a while. Who recruits these guys and coaches them? No running game? All the players? Really?

The program is stagnant at best. The fact is, we've regressed in our own conference. This isn't about being a National Championship contender. It's about just competing in the ACC conference (which is one of, if not the, weakest of the power 5.

Your logic is, well, devoid of logic.