Managerial Malpractice by Matt Williams

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Managerial Malpractice by Matt Williams

Post by nolanvt »

Under no circumstance in a high leverage situation of an elimination game do you bring in a decent middle reliever when you have Clippard available to pitch. Clippard was left warming up in the bullpen as the Giants ran onto the field to celebrate. That alone almost makes it a fireable offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
oaktonhokie

Re: Managerial Malpractice by Matt Williams

Post by oaktonhokie »

Curious move to be sure.

I am just about out of "give a snit" about the playoffs.

DC is out. Most importantly, Kershaw got wrecked and the dodgers are out. The angels are out.

I guess I want kansasity to win, but I doubt i'll pay much attention.

A kansasity vs stlouis series could be interesting. Maybe they could play a game in ferguson.

nolanvt wrote:Under no circumstance in a high leverage situation of an elimination game do you bring in a decent middle reliever when you have Clippard available to pitch. Clippard was left warming up in the bullpen as the Giants ran onto the field to celebrate. That alone almost makes it a fireable offense.

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
hokie80
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by hokie80 »

nolanvt wrote:Under no circumstance in a high leverage situation of an elimination game do you bring in a decent middle reliever when you have Clippard available to pitch. Clippard was left warming up in the bullpen as the Giants ran onto the field to celebrate. That alone almost makes it a fireable offense.

"Baseball is just something to pass the time until NFL season." - Atlanta Braves

"Not really. The NFL is just a bridge to the NBA season" Atlanta Falcons

"Umm...no. That's Hockey season." - Atlanta Hawks

"Huh?" - Winnipeg Jets

"Sigh" - Atlanta fan
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU

Post by Major Kong »

I'm looking forward to both League Championship Series...both should be very gooderly.

The O's and the Giants would be an entirely appropriate Halloween series. :)

I tell ya tho Clayton Kershaw has some nasty stuff and a good command of that stuff...the problem is St. Louis is his kryptonite.

Also add me to the list of Bryce Harper fans. If the dude stays healthy he'll be one of the all time best...I do wonder how much of a difference Zimmerman would have made.

The Nationals pitching staff is ridiculous...posting an ERA south of 2 and still losing in 4 games just shows the perseverance of the Cards.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

SuwaneeTim820

Post by SuwaneeTim820 »

hokie80 wrote:

"Baseball is just something to pass the time until NFL season." - Atlanta Braves

"Huh?" - Winnipeg Jets

"Sigh" - Atlanta fan
SuwaneeTim820

Post by SuwaneeTim820 »

I can't believe the throw Barrett made when they decided to intentionally walk Sadoval. That was just unreal. I know the Giants had already gone ahead at that point, but it would have been an all-time blooper had they not managed to get the runner out at the plate.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

SuwaneeTim820 wrote:
hokie80 wrote:

"Huh?" - Winnipeg Jets

"Sigh" - Atlanta fan
:lol: