So do we finally break the Heinz Field curse Thursday night?

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
hokie80
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

So do we finally break the Heinz Field curse Thursday night?

Post by hokie80 »

BigDave
Party: Republican

Re: So do we finally break the Heinz Field curse Thursday ni

Post by BigDave »

It's important that we not get behind ... because you can't play ketchup at Heinz Field.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

First team to 57, wins.

BigDave wrote:It's important that we not get behind ... because you can't play ketchup at Heinz Field.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

WDJKT - What does John Kerry think?
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

oaktonhokie wrote:First team to 57, wins.

BigDave wrote:It's important that we not get behind ... because you can't play ketchup at Heinz Field.
If we lose 60-57 in 7OT where we kicked a FG to go up 57-54, but they scored a TD to win 60-57, I'm blaming you.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

pitt has struggled some this season so we should be favored and I would think we can win this one.... of course the turnover machine may screw those plans up badly but hopefully none of the INT's will be damaging

good news is it appears that Winston is going to find a way to get his ass kicked off the fball team before December
hokie80 wrote:,
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:pitt has struggled some this season so we should be favored and I would think we can win this one.... of course the turnover machine may screw those plans up badly but hopefully none of the INT's will be damaging

good news is it appears that Winston is going to find a way to get his ass kicked off the fball team before December
Pitts got a pretty stout defense.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU

Post by Major Kong »

Anticipation guys :!:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:pitt has struggled some this season so we should be favored and I would think we can win this one.... of course the turnover machine may screw those plans up badly but hopefully none of the INT's will be damaging

Pitt is favored. We're without our top 3 running backs and our best defensive tackle. That said, I think Bud will stack the box, stop Pitt's good running game, and dare Pitt to beat us through the air. I predict their big WR makes a couple big plays because of the way we play them aggressively. Ultimately, I think the game will hinge on our offense limiting mistakes, i.e. interceptions and penalties. Our running game will most likely be ineffective so we will need to rely on Brewer. If Brewer can finally protect the ball while moving the chains with his arm we can win. I think he's due for a game without an interception.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

BG Hokie wrote:

Pitt is favored. We're without our top 3 running backs and our best defensive tackle. That said, I think Bud will stack the box, stop Pitt's good running game, and dare Pitt to beat us through the air. I predict their big WR makes a couple big plays because of the way we play them aggressively. Ultimately, I think the game will hinge on our offense limiting mistakes, i.e. interceptions and penalties. Our running game will most likely be ineffective so we will need to rely on Brewer. If Brewer can finally protect the ball while moving the chains with his arm we can win. I think he's due for a game without an interception.
I'm pretty sure we are favored by 2.5
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

hokie80 wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

I'm pretty sure we are favored by 2.5
The line has moved. Pitt -1 at the moment. I think it moved a bit when Maddy and Williams were announced as out and, just generally, the smart money is probably on Pitt's side based on the Pitt/VT trends.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

how did they lose three games in a row (I have not been following pitt) just don't think they are world beaters. We limit the mistakes (int's by Brewer) we win IMO
hokie80 wrote:

Pitts got a pretty stout defense.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

watching him this year I don't see how he gets thru any game without an Int. His passes are not bad but bad decisions in throwing the ball where he does. But we got to ride that horse and hope for the best IMO
BG Hokie wrote: