what the heck was that that I watched tonight

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
cwtcr hokie

what the heck was that that I watched tonight

Post by cwtcr hokie »

horrible damn football, wow, we got some issues. Brewer could not hit the broad side of a barn passing, hard to blame the running game when we have no running backs, coleman and Caleb cannot carry the load. And our D has the fastest white qb in the country bouncing off them and running 60 freaking yards..... very bad football, hope 2015 is better if we are all still alive
HokieFanDC

Re: what the heck was that that I watched tonight

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:horrible damn football, wow, we got some issues. Brewer could not hit the broad side of a barn passing, hard to blame the running game when we have no running backs, coleman and Caleb cannot carry the load. And our D has the fastest white qb in the country bouncing off them and running 60 freaking yards..... very bad football, hope 2015 is better if we are all still alive
Not quite sure, but it was ugly. It makes you wonder how talented Shai and Marshawn are to have gained positive yards behind that OL. Tough game for Brewer but at the end of the day, he was the only hope for the O. The D had another solid game, but solid isn't enough with our O the last few years.
I'm still hopeful for 2015 b/c I think we have some good tools on O, but as CC has said in many articles, we need to turn over every rock we can, to find a decent OL.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:horrible damn football, wow, we got some issues. Brewer could not hit the broad side of a barn passing, hard to blame the running game when we have no running backs, coleman and Caleb cannot carry the load. And our D has the fastest white qb in the country bouncing off them and running 60 freaking yards..... very bad football, hope 2015 is better if we are all still alive
Not quite sure, but it was ugly. It makes you wonder how talented Shai and Marshawn are to have gained positive yards behind that OL. Tough game for Brewer but at the end of the day, he was the only hope for the O. The D had another solid game, but solid isn't enough with our O the last few years.
I'm still hopeful for 2015 b/c I think we have some good tools on O, but as CC has said in many articles, we need to turn over every rock we can, to find a decent OL.
Brewer is being put in the same situation we've put far too many QBs in...a position where the entirety of the offense falls on their shoulders. With our coaching and players, that is simply too much to ask of any player short of another MV type of guy.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
Disagree - I don't think the defense had a solid game. Foster never adjusted tot he fact that Pitt was busting through the front line without any problems. He still played almost 10 int he box all night which is why they broke so many huge runs. At some point, you've got to accept that aggressive front isn't working and adjust your defense to reduce those big plays.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

Florida Hokie wrote:Disagree - I don't think the defense had a solid game. Foster never adjusted tot he fact that Pitt was busting through the front line without any problems. He still played almost 10 int he box all night which is why they broke so many huge runs. At some point, you've got to accept that aggressive front isn't working and adjust your defense to reduce those big plays.
I, for one, am sick to death of hearing about Bud Foster's superior defenses when week after week, year after year we see so many broken/missed tackles and huge plays against VT. Yes, BF is good at what he does, but there are times when one must get back to fundamentals of the game. Arm tackles just don't cut it...
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

that is the fault of the injuries, we don't have any RB's right now that can carry the load, hopefully marshawn comes back for da U, but brewer is not a good qb, he is a turnover machine and last night he was so afraid of throwing an int. he was missing EVERYONE by 5 -10 yards, and he still threw a horrible freaking int. in the end zone that by some miracle got negated

next year we have one of our new sophmores, durkin ford or motley and my guess is we look much better
Hokie5150 wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Brewer is being put in the same situation we've put far too many QBs in...a position where the entirety of the offense falls on their shoulders. With our coaching and players, that is simply too much to ask of any player short of another MV type of guy.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

yea, to many times the pitt guy bounced off our guys and ripped off 10-20 yards as there was no one left to tackle him once he busted thru the DL
Hokie5150 wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:Disagree - I don't think the defense had a solid game. Foster never adjusted tot he fact that Pitt was busting through the front line without any problems. He still played almost 10 int he box all night which is why they broke so many huge runs. At some point, you've got to accept that aggressive front isn't working and adjust your defense to reduce those big plays.
I, for one, am sick to death of hearing about Bud Foster's superior defenses when week after week, year after year we see so many broken/missed tackles and huge plays against VT. Yes, BF is good at what he does, but there are times when one must get back to fundamentals of the game. Arm tackles just don't cut it...
CWHOKIECPA
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

Florida Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Disagree - I don't think the defense had a solid game. Foster never adjusted tot he fact that Pitt was busting through the front line without any problems. He still played almost 10 int he box all night which is why they broke so many huge runs. At some point, you've got to accept that aggressive front isn't working and adjust your defense to reduce those big plays.
They gave up 21 with no LM. It wasn't bad.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
CWHOKIECPA
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

cwtcr hokie wrote:that is the fault of the injuries, we don't have any RB's right now that can carry the load, hopefully marshawn comes back for da U, but brewer is not a good qb, he is a turnover machine and last night he was so afraid of throwing an int. he was missing EVERYONE by 5 -10 yards, and he still threw a horrible freaking int. in the end zone that by some miracle got negated

next year we have one of our new sophmores, durkin ford or motley and my guess is we look much better
Hokie5150 wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Maybe. But the OL needs to be able to gat a consistent push.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

agree with that, the OL is still a work in progress, we knew that back in January tho... thus our concerted recruiting efforts on OL
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:that is the fault of the injuries, we don't have any RB's right now that can carry the load, hopefully marshawn comes back for da U, but brewer is not a good qb, he is a turnover machine and last night he was so afraid of throwing an int. he was missing EVERYONE by 5 -10 yards, and he still threw a horrible freaking int. in the end zone that by some miracle got negated

Hokie5150 wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Maybe. But the OL needs to be able to gat a consistent push.