Offensive philosophy and time to say goodbye.

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
hokie80
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Re: Offensive philosophy and time to say goodbye.

Post by hokie80 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:there is no use discussing hokie football with you, you railed on replacing Stiney for years, it happened and now 10 years later you rail on replacing somebody else. From what I can see our recruiting is getting better, look at our RB's and WR's and QB's, yes we are working on the OL and it takes some time, we also need to work on LB on D but I know.... if you have zero patience then your immediate fixes will solve it all, I am sure

As for the program, two .500 years and a so so year this year mostly due to injuries is no a trainwreck of a program...... it is a normal program. We have the people and tools to get back in the top 10 again and we will, not overnight tho

and yes Frank will retire one day, sorry if I feel it is rather dumb to push the most active winningest coach out the door. I will not change that stance as Frank has not forgotten how to win ball games

see OSU (even with this team)
hokie80 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:my guess, you will never be happy with VT...... I would switch to an sec team, say ole miss.... oops, they lost. Due to our location and several other factors it will probably never be better than the mid 20's or thereabouts...... but then again recruiting rankings are crap to start with. I know we have a whole lot of young talent currently, a lot of it playing and more players coming in. I do not care who follows the program, but if it makes you so unhappy pick somebody else, geez

last time I checked you had never been a top 25 college football coach so your ideas on how to "fix" it carry about as much importance as mine
hokie80 wrote:cwctr hokie...

Using Rivals as the constant, here are our recruiting rankings the last 8 years (the 2015 class is as of today and subject to change).

As you can see, our recruiting isn't getting better.

Year - Rank
2015 - 28
2014 - 25
2013 - 23
2012 - 22
2011 - 33
2010 - 23
2009 - 23
2008 - 18
THAT is your response???

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. You make a claim that gets proven incorrect ("recruiting is improving") so you resort to another of your common memes.

The issue is the state of the program. It's not good at all. Only a person that has rainbows and unicorns on their walls would suggest otherwise.

I await your next false canard.
Frank is, at best, an average coach. He coached in the two worst conferences in the country during his tenure. His record against Top programs is abysmal. Stiney was an awful OC. There is no debate about that. But Frank hired one that is just as bad, if not worse. Look at how much better Auburn became when the fired their coach (who has a national championship unlike Frank) and replaced him which, in turn, displaced Loeffler. Auburn, with nearly the same personal as the previous year, ended up playing for the MNC their first year under the new HC. In addition, the Auburn offense was very good (and head been awful under Loeffler).

Including this year, we are 10-10 in ACC play. THAT is awful. We can't even compete in our crappy division of a crappy conference. We are NOT getting better at O-line. We are NOT getting better at QB.

The program has (and continues) to decline. It IS that obvious.
CWHOKIECPA
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

hokie80 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:there is no use discussing hokie football with you, you railed on replacing Stiney for years, it happened and now 10 years later you rail on replacing somebody else. From what I can see our recruiting is getting better, look at our RB's and WR's and QB's, yes we are working on the OL and it takes some time, we also need to work on LB on D but I know.... if you have zero patience then your immediate fixes will solve it all, I am sure

As for the program, two .500 years and a so so year this year mostly due to injuries is no a trainwreck of a program...... it is a normal program. We have the people and tools to get back in the top 10 again and we will, not overnight tho

and yes Frank will retire one day, sorry if I feel it is rather dumb to push the most active winningest coach out the door. I will not change that stance as Frank has not forgotten how to win ball games

see OSU (even with this team)
hokie80 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:my guess, you will never be happy with VT...... I would switch to an sec team, say ole miss.... oops, they lost. Due to our location and several other factors it will probably never be better than the mid 20's or thereabouts...... but then again recruiting rankings are crap to start with. I know we have a whole lot of young talent currently, a lot of it playing and more players coming in. I do not care who follows the program, but if it makes you so unhappy pick somebody else, geez

last time I checked you had never been a top 25 college football coach so your ideas on how to "fix" it carry about as much importance as mine
hokie80 wrote:cwctr hokie...

Using Rivals as the constant, here are our recruiting rankings the last 8 years (the 2015 class is as of today and subject to change).

As you can see, our recruiting isn't getting better.

Year - Rank
2015 - 28
2014 - 25
2013 - 23
2012 - 22
2011 - 33
2010 - 23
2009 - 23
2008 - 18
THAT is your response???

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. You make a claim that gets proven incorrect ("recruiting is improving") so you resort to another of your common memes.

The issue is the state of the program. It's not good at all. Only a person that has rainbows and unicorns on their walls would suggest otherwise.

I await your next false canard.
Frank is, at best, an average coach. He coached in the two worst conferences in the country during his tenure. His record against Top programs is abysmal. Stiney was an awful OC. There is no debate about that. But Frank hired one that is just as bad, if not worse. Look at how much better Auburn became when the fired their coach (who has a national championship unlike Frank) and replaced him which, in turn, displaced Loeffler. Auburn, with nearly the same personal as the previous year, ended up playing for the MNC their first year under the new HC. In addition, the Auburn offense was very good (and head been awful under Loeffler).

Including this year, we are 10-10 in ACC play. THAT is awful. We can't even compete in our crappy division of a crappy conference. We are NOT getting better at O-line. We are NOT getting better at QB.

The program has (and continues) to decline. It IS that obvious.
Frank, like anyone had a prime. That was between about 1995 and 2005. He was a very good coach during that time. His star started to fade after that. He got comfortable and for good reasons in many ways. He took a nothing cow college to the national championship. Seemed impossible at the time.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Major Kong wrote:There was a time not too long ago that the coaching staff could take 2 or 3 star o-line recruits then through training and coaching turn them into bulldozers...we've put some heller o-linemen into the pro's.

Now we are having trouble coaching up a pee wee league line much less a D1 line...it's time for the Hokies to pick an offense and stick with it and recruit accordingly.

Yep
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson