Offensive philosophy and time to say goodbye.

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Offensive philosophy and time to say goodbye.

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

So, we have extended an offer to a JUCO dual threat QB that was booted from Clemson? This kid has issues. Why a dual threat QB? I thought we were running a pro-style offense? Looks like we don't know what we are doing. Didn't Beamer know that you can't run a pro-style offense without a decent OL?

I really don't think that Loeffler knew what he was getting into. I think that he thought he could run his offense here. He didn't know how bad the OL talent was. It's not getting better. We haven't recruited well enough to fix the problem in the next two years. The staff has figured this out and is now desperate for a dual threat QB.

Beamer has always been proud of recruiting this state. That is great, but this state does not produce enough good OL. Beamer should have put together his offense around this problem. We should have recruited only DT QBs. We now have a reputation for bad OL. Combine that with lack of talent in the state and we are screwed. We aren't a national program. We can't just cast a net and go get who we want.

Outside of finding a MV or TT we are screwed pretty bad I'm afraid. I had a great time at my tailgate on Thursday, but the game was miserable. I had had to much bourbon too, and the anger was starting to come out. It's a shame. The weather was great and has been great the last two years for tailgating.

My brother is married and has three kids. We are getting older and the drive is five hours. HC club donation, tickets, hotels and time. It's pretty expensive. This is probably it for us. I hate it, but times are changing. Doesn't look like we will be donating next year.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
cwtcr hokie

Re: Offensive philosophy and time to say goodbye.

Post by cwtcr hokie »

quit bitching, geez, the recruiting is getting better for the OL, we have lots of issues in this year, mostly related to QB and injury issues..... urban meyer would have a hard time making this team great.... but quit effing bitching, if ya want to be a bandwagon fan and not attend games or not support the program then effing do that. I have watched lots of bad hokie fball and had the pleasure of being able to see 15 years of very good hokie fball..... as with any other team that is perennially in the top 25 we will get back there. The team is loaded with talent now and most of the talent is freshman or sophmores. why did we offer the ex klempson QB, who knows but what does it hurt and has the guy even accepted? We have some very promising young QB's coming on line in 2015..... but give up now and run back when we are winning again...... great fan

to add, if ya want to bitch about a program not doing great, go to TSL, it is hilarious with the stupidity streaming on there these days. Again, please name a coach that would be winning every game with your top 3 RB's hurt, your best DL hurt, your OL banged up, your second best DB hurt, your MLB hurt, and your main QB a transfer that was supposed to be good, started throwing the ball all over the field and to the wrong team often, got rocked, got gun shy and now won't throw it to anybody
CWHOKIECPA wrote:So, we have extended an offer to a JUCO dual threat QB that was booted from Clemson? This kid has issues. Why a dual threat QB? I thought we were running a pro-style offense? Looks like we don't know what we are doing. Didn't Beamer know that you can't run a pro-style offense without a decent OL?

I really don't think that Loeffler knew what he was getting into. I think that he thought he could run his offense here. He didn't know how bad the OL talent was. It's not getting better. We haven't recruited well enough to fix the problem in the next two years. The staff has figured this out and is now desperate for a dual threat QB.

Beamer has always been proud of recruiting this state. That is great, but this state does not produce enough good OL. Beamer should have put together his offense around this problem. We should have recruited only DT QBs. We now have a reputation for bad OL. Combine that with lack of talent in the state and we are screwed. We aren't a national program. We can't just cast a net and go get who we want.

Outside of finding a MV or TT we are screwed pretty bad I'm afraid. I had a great time at my tailgate on Thursday, but the game was miserable. I had had to much bourbon too, and the anger was starting to come out. It's a shame. The weather was great and has been great the last two years for tailgating.

My brother is married and has three kids. We are getting older and the drive is five hours. HC club donation, tickets, hotels and time. It's pretty expensive. This is probably it for us. I hate it, but times are changing. Doesn't look like we will be donating next year.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

cwtcr hokie wrote:quit bitching, geez, the recruiting is getting better for the OL, we have lots of issues in this year, mostly related to QB and injury issues..... urban meyer would have a hard time making this team great.... but quit effing bitching, if ya want to be a bandwagon fan and not attend games or not support the program then effing do that. I have watched lots of bad hokie fball and had the pleasure of being able to see 15 years of very good hokie fball..... as with any other team that is perennially in the top 25 we will get back there. The team is loaded with talent now and most of the talent is freshman or sophmores. why did we offer the ex klempson QB, who knows but what does it hurt and has the guy even accepted? We have some very promising young QB's coming on line in 2015..... but give up now and run back when we are winning again...... great fan

to add, if ya want to bitch about a program not doing great, go to TSL, it is hilarious with the stupidity streaming on there these days. Again, please name a coach that would be winning every game with your top 3 RB's hurt, your best DL hurt, your OL banged up, your second best DB hurt, your MLB hurt, and your main QB a transfer that was supposed to be good, started throwing the ball all over the field and to the wrong team often, got rocked, got gun shy and now won't throw it to anybody
CWHOKIECPA wrote:So, we have extended an offer to a JUCO dual threat QB that was booted from Clemson? This kid has issues. Why a dual threat QB? I thought we were running a pro-style offense? Looks like we don't know what we are doing. Didn't Beamer know that you can't run a pro-style offense without a decent OL?

Sorry, there is no proof, at all that OL recruiting is getting better. At all. Go back to TSL? Why, there is a sports board here. My post was a good post. I'll keep cheering for the Hokies, in front of the television set.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

I love it when people make sure everyone knows they are a bandwagon fan, hilarious.... and yes we have some folks in HS that have committed to VT that will help on the OL. FYI, OL is very difficult to make a perfect set these days and most programs struggle with it. Our OL looks very bad due to our top 3 RB's being out, did ya see how Marshawn ran on his return Thursday? and our Qb issues....the QB issues is one of our biggest issues, he throws a lot and he throws it to the wrong team at the worst time, very bad decision making on his part, or he holds it forever and then throws it into the third row as he is petrified of getting more interceptions. that problem will be solved in 2015 with the young QB's we have.
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:quit bitching, geez, the recruiting is getting better for the OL, we have lots of issues in this year, mostly related to QB and injury issues..... urban meyer would have a hard time making this team great.... but quit effing bitching, if ya want to be a bandwagon fan and not attend games or not support the program then effing do that. I have watched lots of bad hokie fball and had the pleasure of being able to see 15 years of very good hokie fball..... as with any other team that is perennially in the top 25 we will get back there. The team is loaded with talent now and most of the talent is freshman or sophmores. why did we offer the ex klempson QB, who knows but what does it hurt and has the guy even accepted? We have some very promising young QB's coming on line in 2015..... but give up now and run back when we are winning again...... great fan

Sorry, there is no proof, at all that OL recruiting is getting better. At all. Go back to TSL? Why, there is a sports board here. My post was a good post. I'll keep cheering for the Hokies, in front of the television set.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

cwtcr hokie wrote:I love it when people make sure everyone knows they are a bandwagon fan, hilarious.... and yes we have some folks in HS that have committed to VT that will help on the OL. FYI, OL is very difficult to make a perfect set these days and most programs struggle with it. Our OL looks very bad due to our top 3 RB's being out, did ya see how Marshawn ran on his return Thursday? and our Qb issues....the QB issues is one of our biggest issues, he throws a lot and he throws it to the wrong team at the worst time, very bad decision making on his part, or he holds it forever and then throws it into the third row as he is petrified of getting more interceptions. that problem will be solved in 2015 with the young QB's we have.
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

Dude, why are you so pissed? I've had season tickets for 12 years. My brother has three kids, they are 2,5, and 7. His schedule is so hectic, it makes me tired just thinking about it. Just because I give up my season tickets, it makes me a bandwagon fan? How about people that never purchased tickets? Are they bandwagon fans? The problem will be solved in 2015? There will be a new center, and new guard and we don't even know who will play the other tackle spot? Wade Hansen? You think Andrew Ford is going to fix the problem? He'll be injured inside of two games. We are a long ways away. I will watch all of the games next year though, like a good fan.
hokie80
Party: Independent

Post by hokie80 »

I've been a life long Hokie. I've suffered through the bad years and enjoyed the good years. I'm thankful for what Beamer has DONE. But unlike cheer leading blind homers, I also recognize when the program is in decline. It's NOT just this year (even thought you keep trying to argue that). You followed the party line of "10 win seasons!!!"...until that stopped. I'm sure you are touting the "consecutive bowls!!!" since that is the new meme. Even though VT has pretty much crapped it's pants against top competition in those bowl games.

Yes...we have a bad QB situation. Yet it's BEAMER that has stuck with him. That's on the staff, not the player. For the love of Pete, we are starting a guy that played in a shotgun spread pass happy offense all his life and yet we are supposed be a pro style offense under.

next year...next year...next year.

Nope. Next year we will still have Beamer and we will still find a way to under perform. And at least 6 situation where we get a delay of game penalty following a time out.

Personally, I'm looking forward to more 3 yard curl routes on 3 and 12 situation.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

80, I wish we were a bama team also and could just pick and choose 5* guys at will (and pay them more, that would be very helpful) but we are not so like the other 98% of college teams we will go up and down. We did get lucky and hit about 15 years of some really good teams which brought us a lot of success, it was fun. Now we have some off years. Again, our QB issues do suck, but it happens, our only real choice at this point is Leal and not sure he is better than Brewer
hokie80 wrote:

I've been a life long Hokie. I've suffered through the bad years and enjoyed the good years. I'm thankful for what Beamer has DONE. But unlike cheer leading blind homers, I also recognize when the program is in decline. It's NOT just this year (even thought you keep trying to argue that). You followed the party line of "10 win seasons!!!"...until that stopped. I'm sure you are touting the "consecutive bowls!!!" since that is the new meme. Even though VT has pretty much crapped it's pants against top competition in those bowl games.

Yes...we have a bad QB situation. Yet it's BEAMER that has stuck with him. That's on the staff, not the player. For the love of Pete, we are starting a guy that played in a shotgun spread pass happy offense all his life and yet we are supposed be a pro style offense under.

Nope. Next year we will still have Beamer and we will still find a way to under perform. And at least 6 situation where we get a delay of game penalty following a time out.

Personally, I'm looking forward to more 3 yard curl routes on 3 and 12 situation.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

sorry, you declared yourself that you used to attend games but won't now.... I do think it is hilarious for someone to admit they are a bandwagon fan. I am not pissed but find it hilarious all the handwringing over a bad season..... we had lots of years of very good seasons, did everyone think that VT that as an actual reality cannot recruit as some other top 25 teams can will forever be able to field 10 to 13 win teams every single year. Here is a tip.... that is not going to happen, we will have some off years along the way, like the rest of 98% of college teams
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:I love it when people make sure everyone knows they are a bandwagon fan, hilarious.... and yes we have some folks in HS that have committed to VT that will help on the OL. FYI, OL is very difficult to make a perfect set these days and most programs struggle with it. Our OL looks very bad due to our top 3 RB's being out, did ya see how Marshawn ran on his return Thursday? and our Qb issues....the QB issues is one of our biggest issues, he throws a lot and he throws it to the wrong team at the worst time, very bad decision making on his part, or he holds it forever and then throws it into the third row as he is petrified of getting more interceptions. that problem will be solved in 2015 with the young QB's we have.
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

Dude, why are you so pissed? I've had season tickets for 12 years. My brother has three kids, they are 2,5, and 7. His schedule is so hectic, it makes me tired just thinking about it. Just because I give up my season tickets, it makes me a bandwagon fan? How about people that never purchased tickets? Are they bandwagon fans? The problem will be solved in 2015? There will be a new center, and new guard and we don't even know who will play the other tackle spot? Wade Hansen? You think Andrew Ford is going to fix the problem? He'll be injured inside of two games. We are a long ways away. I will watch all of the games next year though, like a good fan.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

cwtcr hokie wrote:sorry, you declared yourself that you used to attend games but won't now.... I do think it is hilarious for someone to admit they are a bandwagon fan. I am not pissed but find it hilarious all the handwringing over a bad season..... we had lots of years of very good seasons, did everyone think that VT that as an actual reality cannot recruit as some other top 25 teams can will forever be able to field 10 to 13 win teams every single year. Here is a tip.... that is not going to happen, we will have some off years along the way, like the rest of 98% of college teams
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

It's not one bad season. It's a pattern. It's a pattern of bad offense for years. The problem has now gotten worse. I never admitted that I'm a bandwagon fan. You'll have to show me the post. I said that I would still watch the games every week.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:80, I wish we were a bama team also and could just pick and choose 5* guys at will (and pay them more, that would be very helpful) but we are not so like the other 98% of college teams we will go up and down. We did get lucky and hit about 15 years of some really good teams which brought us a lot of success, it was fun. Now we have some off years. Again, our QB issues do suck, but it happens, our only real choice at this point is Leal and not sure he is better than Brewer
hokie80 wrote:

I'm sorry you aren't a realist on this.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

where did you watch the game Thursday, cwtcr?
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

from section 16, been buying season tickets for over 20 years now

missed a game for a job interview and the GT game years ago after fuel got very scarce in our area after Katrina took out the pipeline that brought fuel to charlotte
ip_law-hokie wrote:where did you watch the game Thursday, cwtcr?
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

and neither are you, change the coach, I am sure that will bring the injured players back the next day

and our recruiting is doing better than ever, so not sure why all the panic. This year was going to be ok, never thought we would be great this year but with our schedule I did think 9-10 wins were possible. Unfortunetly we got very injured, thus derailing our season, add in that Brewer went from being a decent QB to junk since Ohio state and wa la...you have the results we have. But again, please name me a coach that would be successful in our situation this year, please
hokie80 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:80, I wish we were a bama team also and could just pick and choose 5* guys at will (and pay them more, that would be very helpful) but we are not so like the other 98% of college teams we will go up and down. We did get lucky and hit about 15 years of some really good teams which brought us a lot of success, it was fun. Now we have some off years. Again, our QB issues do suck, but it happens, our only real choice at this point is Leal and not sure he is better than Brewer
hokie80 wrote:

CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

cwtcr hokie wrote:and neither are you, change the coach, I am sure that will bring the injured players back the next day

and our recruiting is doing better than ever, so not sure why all the panic. This year was going to be ok, never thought we would be great this year but with our schedule I did think 9-10 wins were possible. Unfortunetly we got very injured, thus derailing our season, add in that Brewer went from being a decent QB to junk since Ohio state and wa la...you have the results we have. But again, please name me a coach that would be successful in our situation this year, please
hokie80 wrote:
hokie80 wrote:

Can't wait till next year. Our OL recruiting is doing better than ever? No it's not.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

cwtcr hokie wrote:from section 16, been buying season tickets for over 20 years now

missed a game for a job interview and the GT game years ago after fuel got very scarce in our area after Katrina took out the pipeline that brought fuel to charlotte
ip_law-hokie wrote:where did you watch the game Thursday, cwtcr?
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

Not an excuse. Hop aboard the bandwagon bus.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:and neither are you, change the coach, I am sure that will bring the injured players back the next day

hokie80 wrote:
hokie80 wrote:

Our recruiting is not better than ever. Where do you come up with this stuff?
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

hokie80 wrote:
hokie80 wrote:
hokie80 wrote:

Our recruiting is not better than ever. Where do you come up with this stuff?[/quote]

And might I suggest you are to the sports board what AG is to UWS.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

cwctr hokie...

Using Rivals as the constant, here are our recruiting rankings the last 8 years (the 2015 class is as of today and subject to change).

As you can see, our recruiting isn't getting better.

Year - Rank
2015 - 28
2014 - 25
2013 - 23
2012 - 22
2011 - 33
2010 - 23
2009 - 23
2008 - 18
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

hokie80 wrote:And might I suggest you are to the sports board what AG is to UWS.
A voice of reason against a boob like yourself? Yep, that's what he is Mr. Poopsmith.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

hokie80 wrote:cwctr hokie...

Using Rivals as the constant, here are our recruiting rankings the last 8 years (the 2015 class is as of today and subject to change).

Year - Rank
2015 - 28
2014 - 25
2013 - 23
2012 - 22
2011 - 33
2010 - 23
2009 - 23
2008 - 18
Our recruiting is better than it was in the '95 Sugar Bowl to the '00 Sugar Bowl Championship run era...and yet we consistently do less with more.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU

Post by Major Kong »

There was a time not too long ago that the coaching staff could take 2 or 3 star o-line recruits then through training and coaching turn them into bulldozers...we've put some heller o-linemen into the pro's.

Now we are having trouble coaching up a pee wee league line much less a D1 line...it's time for the Hokies to pick an offense and stick with it and recruit accordingly.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

my guess, you will never be happy with VT...... I would switch to an sec team, say ole miss.... oops, they lost. Due to our location and several other factors it will probably never be better than the mid 20's or thereabouts...... but then again recruiting rankings are crap to start with. I know we have a whole lot of young talent currently, a lot of it playing and more players coming in. I do not care who follows the program, but if it makes you so unhappy pick somebody else, geez

last time I checked you had never been a top 25 college football coach so your ideas on how to "fix" it carry about as much importance as mine

Year - Rank
2015 - 28
2014 - 25
2013 - 23
2012 - 22
2011 - 33
2010 - 23
2009 - 23
2008 - 18
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

[quote="cwtcr hokie"]my guess, you will never be happy with VT...... I would switch to an sec team, say ole miss.... oops, they lost. Due to our location and several other factors it will probably never be better than the mid 20's or thereabouts...... but then again recruiting rankings are crap to start with. I know we have a whole lot of young talent currently, a lot of it playing and more players coming in. I do not care who follows the program, but if it makes you so unhappy pick somebody else, geez

last time I checked you had never been a top 25 college football coach so your ideas on how to "fix" it carry about as much importance as mine

[quote="hokie80"]cwctr hokie...

You don't expect the OL to be better next year do you? We will be even younger and more inexperienced. As for me, I'm going to keep cheering for my team and criticizing when appropriate. We are in trouble.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:my guess, you will never be happy with VT...... I would switch to an sec team, say ole miss.... oops, they lost. Due to our location and several other factors it will probably never be better than the mid 20's or thereabouts...... but then again recruiting rankings are crap to start with. I know we have a whole lot of young talent currently, a lot of it playing and more players coming in. I do not care who follows the program, but if it makes you so unhappy pick somebody else, geez

Year - Rank
2015 - 28
2014 - 25
2013 - 23
2012 - 22
2011 - 33
2010 - 23
2009 - 23
2008 - 18
THAT is your response???

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. You make a claim that gets proven incorrect ("recruiting is improving") so you resort to another of your common memes.

The issue is the state of the program. It's not good at all. Only a person that has rainbows and unicorns on their walls would suggest otherwise.

I await your next false canard.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

there is no use discussing hokie football with you, you railed on replacing Stiney for years, it happened and now 10 years later you rail on replacing somebody else. From what I can see our recruiting is getting better, look at our RB's and WR's and QB's, yes we are working on the OL and it takes some time, we also need to work on LB on D but I know.... if you have zero patience then your immediate fixes will solve it all, I am sure

As for the program, two .500 years and a so so year this year mostly due to injuries is no a trainwreck of a program...... it is a normal program. We have the people and tools to get back in the top 10 again and we will, not overnight tho

and yes Frank will retire one day, sorry if I feel it is rather dumb to push the most active winningest coach out the door. I will not change that stance as Frank has not forgotten how to win ball games

see OSU (even with this team)
hokie80 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:my guess, you will never be happy with VT...... I would switch to an sec team, say ole miss.... oops, they lost. Due to our location and several other factors it will probably never be better than the mid 20's or thereabouts...... but then again recruiting rankings are crap to start with. I know we have a whole lot of young talent currently, a lot of it playing and more players coming in. I do not care who follows the program, but if it makes you so unhappy pick somebody else, geez

Year - Rank
2015 - 28
2014 - 25
2013 - 23
2012 - 22
2011 - 33
2010 - 23
2009 - 23
2008 - 18
THAT is your response???

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. You make a claim that gets proven incorrect ("recruiting is improving") so you resort to another of your common memes.

The issue is the state of the program. It's not good at all. Only a person that has rainbows and unicorns on their walls would suggest otherwise.

I await your next false canard.