This is a stinker. It's hopeless.

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: This is a stinker. It's hopeless.

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:Frank is not calling a fake in that situation, NOBODY IS....again if you bother to find out info Dinardo screwed up big time..... players make errors, see the rest of the games this weekend to see lots of errors.
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:You actually think that was a called play???? a player messed up dude
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:Gotta love our fans

HOW BOUT THEM HOKIES
You liked the fake punt call didn't you? Beamer almost cost us the game. He was bailed out by the defense. I honestly don't think he knew what the score was.
Who coaches the players? Who coaches the special teams?
Are players' mistakes not reflective of coaching to an extent?
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

some yes, most no, as the player has to execute and in fball if one of 11 does not then the perfectly called play goes crappy. But Dinardo just messed up big time, do you think Frank said " hey listen Dinardo, call a fake if you want to", in that situation???? get real
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:Frank is not calling a fake in that situation, NOBODY IS....again if you bother to find out info Dinardo screwed up big time..... players make errors, see the rest of the games this weekend to see lots of errors.
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:You actually think that was a called play???? a player messed up dude
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:Gotta love our fans

HOW BOUT THEM HOKIES
You liked the fake punt call didn't you? Beamer almost cost us the game. He was bailed out by the defense. I honestly don't think he knew what the score was.
Who coaches the players? Who coaches the special teams?
Are players' mistakes not reflective of coaching to an extent?
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:some yes, most no, as the player has to execute and in fball if one of 11 does not then the perfectly called play goes crappy. But Dinardo just messed up big time, do you think Frank said " hey listen Dinardo, call a fake if you want to", in that situation???? get real
No, I don't think Frank called for the fake, but it was another symptom of the problem with the football program.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:some yes, most no, as the player has to execute and in fball if one of 11 does not then the perfectly called play goes crappy. But Dinardo just messed up big time, do you think Frank said " hey listen Dinardo, call a fake if you want to", in that situation???? get real
No, I don't think Frank called for the fake, but it was another symptom of the problem with the football program.
Agree, miscommunication is a two way street. I'm so thankful we didn't lose, which that miscue would have played no small role. It would have been ugly for Beamer.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

BG Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Agree, miscommunication is a two way street. I'm so thankful we didn't lose, which that miscue would have played no small role. It would have been ugly for Beamer.
The Hokie Hotline would have been far less pleasant.

Tonight, he joked about it and said it was a called play - there was a guy on the other side of the field who was wide open and probably scores a TD if he gets the ball (but there was obviously no way a punter was throwing across his body to the opposite side of the field - he's not McNabb).
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

My goodness, I just looked at the video and #37 is WIDE open on the fake punt with nary a soul even on his side of the field.

Also worth watching on the fake punt - look at the facial expressions on the sideline. They're priceless.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk