This is a stinker. It's hopeless.

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

This is a stinker. It's hopeless.

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

45-0? Can't move the ball. Can't stop them. Embarrassing.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Re: This is a stinker. It's hopeless.

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

98 yard drive!!,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Bay_area_Hokie

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

http://youtu.be/VcjzHMhBtf0

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

I can't Beleive some still defend Beamer......he's done good, but it's time for some fresh blood....
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

HokieHam wrote:I can't Beleive some still defend Beamer......he's done good, but it's time for some fresh blood....
They don't just defend him, they personally attack anyone that dares point out the obvious - that his time as passed. You get the immature posters who say "if you don't like Beamer you hate VT and should find another team to root for." How is that constructive?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

We have become uva........
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

HokieHam wrote:We have become uva........
Does he have dementia? Did he know we were leading the game when faking the punt?
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Gotta love our fans

HOW BOUT THEM HOKIES
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

cwtcr hokie wrote:Gotta love our fans

HOW BOUT THEM HOKIES
You liked the fake punt call didn't you? Beamer almost cost us the game. He was bailed out by the defense. I honestly don't think he knew what the score was.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HOW BOUT THEM HOKIES
Please.....we.....beat.....Duke. Yes, they are better than they have been in recent history, but it's still Duke. This program is a mess. Will I take the win, hell yes, no matter how we tried to give it away. Running plays late in the fourth with 25 seconds sometimes on the play clock. Even having a fake punt as an option was mind boggling.

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

For some reason #41 DiNardo, who calls the ST plays, called for the fake. I don't get it.

In the post game CFB said that DiNardo messed up the play signal from the sideline.

What the hell play signal would that be? :shock:

Just punt the ball.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Bay_area_Hokie

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Seriously, did DiNardo have money on the game? I can't come up with any other scenario where you call that on 4th and 18, when winning in an upset on the road in the 4th. Why I. The hell would CFB let a player call a fake punt in that situation?

UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Seriously, did DiNardo have money on the game? I can't come up with any other scenario where you call that on 4th and 18, when winning in an upset on the road in the 4th. Why I. The hell would CFB let a player call a fake punt in that situation?

Frank explained it on the post game show. Apparently Frank was discussing the possibility of moving a guy back to help with punt protection with DiNardo. During the course of the conversation, DiNardo mistakenly thought he heard Frank use the code word for a fake punt. Apparently they were having trouble hearing each other (not sure why given the library atmosphere of Wallace Wade), so DiNardo went onto the field wrongly believing Frank called the fake. Frank said he was as confused as everyone else was when he saw it happen on the field.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Bay_area_Hokie

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Seriously, did DiNardo have money on the game? I can't come up with any other scenario where you call that on 4th and 18, when winning in an upset on the road in the 4th. Why I. The hell would CFB let a player call a fake punt in that situation?

Frank explained it on the post game show. Apparently Frank was discussing the possibility of moving a guy back to help with punt protection with DiNardo. During the course of the conversation, DiNardo mistakenly thought he heard Frank use the code word for a fake punt. Apparently they were having trouble hearing each other (not sure why given the library atmosphere of Wallace Wade), so DiNardo went onto the field wrongly believing Frank called the fake. Frank said he was as confused as everyone else was when he saw it happen on the field.
That is crazy...thanks for the explanation.....we got so lucky

BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

I'm back home from the game. I'm in a great mood right now!

Win it pretty, win it ugly, just win!
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

You actually think that was a called play???? a player messed up dude
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

HOW BOUT THEM HOKIES
You liked the fake punt call didn't you? Beamer almost cost us the game. He was bailed out by the defense. I honestly don't think he knew what the score was.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

actually the dookies have put together a couple of good years, they are still probably playing the noles again in the acccg, but yes IMO it is a limited run for them and once Boone leaves they head back to the middle of the pack. As for us we are a mess due to injuries, seriously, we got whacked with injuries this year, just look at the list!!! We still have a good coaching staff and with our injuries and playing so many Fr and So with little experience we are struggling yes..... the same as any other team would on this planet. We had a great run to think we would never have some down years is just not realistic, it happens to all teams.
HokieHam wrote:

HOW BOUT THEM HOKIES
Please.....we.....beat.....Duke. Yes, they are better than they have been in recent history, but it's still Duke. This program is a mess. Will I take the win, hell yes, no matter how we tried to give it away. Running plays late in the fourth with 25 seconds sometimes on the play clock. Even having a fake punt as an option was mind boggling.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:actually the dookies have put together a couple of good years, they are still probably playing the noles again in the acccg, but yes IMO it is a limited run for them and once Boone leaves they head back to the middle of the pack. As for us we are a mess due to injuries, seriously, we got whacked with injuries this year, just look at the list!!! We still have a good coaching staff and with our injuries and playing so many Fr and So with little experience we are struggling yes..... the same as any other team would on this planet. We had a great run to think we would never have some down years is just not realistic, it happens to all teams.
HokieHam wrote:

HOW BOUT THEM HOKIES
We did not have many injuries when we played ECU. VT had no business losing that game. We got some injuries against GT, but again we were mostly healthy for that game and had no business losing.

miles

Post by miles »

C'mon Upstate, you're beginning to resemble 80. Take Dave's attitude, don't grumble, be happy.
As I see it, this season has been very competitive. Hokies only got flat out assbeat one time by a gang waiting in the alley with bats, knives, and rocks who were hellbent on revenge. cwtcr is right about the injuries.

My only beef is with the OL, but I can see changes developing there. Recruiting and a couple more seasons and fan patience should produce results.

Let's not burn down the house to save it.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

miles wrote:C'mon Upstate, you're beginning to resemble 80. Take Dave's attitude, don't grumble, be happy.
As I see it, this season has been very competitive. Hokies only got flat out assbeat one time by a gang waiting in the alley with bats, knives, and rocks who were hellbent on revenge. cwtcr is right about the injuries.

My only beef is with the OL, but I can see changes developing there. Recruiting and a couple more seasons and fan patience should produce results.

Ya know you're right. The best thing to do is to just ride out the rest of the season and cheer like hell of the Hokies to beat Wake & UVA, and hopefully make & win a bowl. Winning y'day felt good, even if it was ugly and could have easily gone the other way. I did not expect us to win, and thought we would be going into the UVA game needing a win to get bowl eligible. Now we have a chance to get bowl eligible against wake, and beating UVA would be icing on the cake.

I think the thing that set me off this week was losing Dalton to UNC. I keep hearing that we're doing better in recruiting, but I'd like to see some objective evidence of that. Dalton was the first chance this season to prove it, and we lost him to a team that has had nothing but negative news stories come out on what seems like a weekly or monthly basis. And reading between the tea leaves, it sounds like he switched to UNC within the 48 hours leading up to his decision - VERY reminiscent of Nnadi.

We still have a chance to make a recruiting statement with Settle and Sweat, but many people were saying that one of the keys to getting Sweat was getting Dalton first. I guess we'll see.

BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
miles wrote:C'mon Upstate, you're beginning to resemble 80. Take Dave's attitude, don't grumble, be happy.

Ya know you're right. The best thing to do is to just ride out the rest of the season and cheer like hell of the Hokies to beat Wake & UVA, and hopefully make & win a bowl. Winning y'day felt good, even if it was ugly and could have easily gone the other way. I did not expect us to win, and thought we would be going into the UVA game needing a win to get bowl eligible. Now we have a chance to get bowl eligible against wake, and beating UVA would be icing on the cake.

I think the thing that set me off this week was losing Dalton to UNC. I keep hearing that we're doing better in recruiting, but I'd like to see some objective evidence of that. Dalton was the first chance this season to prove it, and we lost him to a team that has had nothing but negative news stories come out on what seems like a weekly or monthly basis. And reading between the tea leaves, it sounds like he switched to UNC within the 48 hours leading up to his decision - VERY reminiscent of Nnadi.

We still have a chance to make a recruiting statement with Settle and Sweat, but many people were saying that one of the keys to getting Sweat was getting Dalton first. I guess we'll see.
Come to the Wake Forest game. The road games are a lot more fun - we actually win those. ;)
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

cwtcr hokie wrote:You actually think that was a called play???? a player messed up dude
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

HOW BOUT THEM HOKIES
Who coaches the players? Who coaches the special teams?
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

you are 100% correct we should not have lost ecu or GT, and if our QB would not throw it to the other team so often we would not have lost those two games..... turnovers kill ya
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:actually the dookies have put together a couple of good years, they are still probably playing the noles again in the acccg, but yes IMO it is a limited run for them and once Boone leaves they head back to the middle of the pack. As for us we are a mess due to injuries, seriously, we got whacked with injuries this year, just look at the list!!! We still have a good coaching staff and with our injuries and playing so many Fr and So with little experience we are struggling yes..... the same as any other team would on this planet. We had a great run to think we would never have some down years is just not realistic, it happens to all teams.
HokieHam wrote:

HOW BOUT THEM HOKIES
We did not have many injuries when we played ECU. VT had no business losing that game. We got some injuries against GT, but again we were mostly healthy for that game and had no business losing.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

from what I saw on the Dalton deal he was a UNC blue guy all the way, we were trying to sway him from his first choice.... how does it shock you that a teenager makes a bad decision. Yes, us as adults look at the tarhole mess and wonder why anyone would go there, but kids do not always make smart decisions, good luck to him tho.
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Frank is not calling a fake in that situation, NOBODY IS....again if you bother to find out info Dinardo screwed up big time..... players make errors, see the rest of the games this weekend to see lots of errors.
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:You actually think that was a called play???? a player messed up dude
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

HOW BOUT THEM HOKIES
Who coaches the players? Who coaches the special teams?