Is this article re RG III fair? I didn't see the game, and

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
oaktonhokie

Is this article re RG III fair? I didn't see the game, and

Post by oaktonhokie »

I like Griffith, what little I know about him.

The article makes it seem like he is banging his teammates.

I don't see that in the video.

Maybe he could have taken more responsibility on himself, but it looked to me like he was saying WE stink, not THEY stink.

Anyone....?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 15004.html
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Is this article re RG III fair? I didn't see the game,

Post by nolanvt »

oaktonhokie wrote:I like Griffith, what little I know about him.

Maybe he could have taken more responsibility on himself, but it looked to me like he was saying WE stink, not THEY stink.

Anyone....?

Agree with you. Sports media is just as bad as political media or any other media for that matter. Every player played like excrement except for maybe Alfred Morris.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I don't care about the nfl, but it seems to me that Griffith catches a lot of grief.

Maybe he deserves it for the way he plays, dunno. But it seems to be getting personal, and I in my limited exposure, have not seen any signs of a bad or selfish person.

He got screwed when he was put back into the game a couple years ago on a bad knee, imo. He wanted to go in, and the media blamed him. Seems to me the coach makes that call, not the player.

Maybe he's a butt head in the locker room, but everything I see has him as a decent guy.

I dunno...

nolanvt wrote:

Anyone....?

Agree with you. Sports media is just as bad as political media or any other media for that matter. Every player played like excrement except for maybe Alfred Morris.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

They need coach 80 to turn things around.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

It is becoming obvious that most of the great running college QB's get whacked in the pros. Griffin is one of those. He has an ok arm but his specialty is the running but as with most of the other running pro QB's that were great in college when you get to the pros and the players are very equal they are not doing well. And when teams are losing it becomes a mess and the skins are losing.
oaktonhokie wrote:I don't care about the nfl, but it seems to me that Griffith catches a lot of grief.

Maybe he deserves it for the way he plays, dunno. But it seems to be getting personal, and I in my limited exposure, have not seen any signs of a bad or selfish person.

He got screwed when he was put back into the game a couple years ago on a bad knee, imo. He wanted to go in, and the media blamed him. Seems to me the coach makes that call, not the player.

Maybe he's a butt head in the locker room, but everything I see has him as a decent guy.

I dunno...

nolanvt wrote:

Anyone....?

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:It is becoming obvious that most of the great running college QB's get whacked in the pros. Griffin is one of those. He has an ok arm but his specialty is the running but as with most of the other running pro QB's that were great in college when you get to the pros and the players are very equal they are not doing well. And when teams are losing it becomes a mess and the skins are losing.
oaktonhokie wrote:I don't care about the nfl, but it seems to me that Griffith catches a lot of grief.

I dunno...

nolanvt wrote:

Anyone....?

RG3 was not a running QB at Baylor.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

huh? yes he was, same as kam newton or any of the other crop of dual threat QB's that have come into the nfl and got pummelled. It works in college as the disparity in the players is wide, it is very obvious it is not working in the nfl.
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:It is becoming obvious that most of the great running college QB's get whacked in the pros. Griffin is one of those. He has an ok arm but his specialty is the running but as with most of the other running pro QB's that were great in college when you get to the pros and the players are very equal they are not doing well. And when teams are losing it becomes a mess and the skins are losing.

I dunno...

nolanvt wrote:

Anyone....?

RG3 was not a running QB at Baylor.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:huh? yes he was, same as kam newton or any of the other crop of dual threat QB's that have come into the nfl and got pummelled. It works in college as the disparity in the players is wide, it is very obvious it is not working in the nfl.
Griffin threw for 37 TDs and for over 4,000 yards his senior year.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:huh? yes he was, same as kam newton or any of the other crop of dual threat QB's that have come into the nfl and got pummelled. It works in college as the disparity in the players is wide, it is very obvious it is not working in the nfl.

he also rushed for 700 yards. He's a dual threat QB.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Correct. He's a QB who can also run, which is different than a "running QB".
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

huh? Stick with the playstation. It's obvious you can't play.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

You don't think there's a difference between a "running QB" (Vick, Cunningham, Steve Young with the Bucs) and a QB who can also run (Aaron Rodgers, Steve Young with the 49ers)?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

You don't think there's a difference between a "running QB" (Vick, Cunningham, Steve Young with the Bucs) and a QB who can also run (Aaron Rodgers, Steve Young with the 49ers)?
I think you're speaking from your butt. Even Vick and McNab are/were pass first QBs. The dual threat is just in needing to have someone contain them in case they run because they're good at that too. Saying RGIII isn't a dual threat is koo-koo land talk. "Running" quarterbacks are found in history or option teams like GT.

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/sto ... ball-value
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

I think he's becoming, more and more, a difficult guy to defend. He has never done anything outlandishly or even absolutely selfish. Death by a thousand cuts so to speak. Then again, if he were a WR, he would be considered mild mannered. As a QB any misquote or misstep with respect to PR just doesn't fly. See people criticizing Colin Kapernick for tattoos and a backwards hat. Some racial dynamics that I think make the sociology an interesting conversation too...

Anyone....?