Beamer has to be forced into retirement

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Beamer has to be forced into retirement

Post by nolanvt »

That is all. Good career, Frank. Become an advocate/spokesman for the university.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
nolanvt

Re: Beamer has to be forced into retirement

Post by nolanvt »

And this happened...

UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

nolanvt wrote:That is all. Good career, Frank. Become an advocate/spokesman for the university.
Dont let WestEnd hear you say that. He'll go nuclear on you.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:That is all. Good career, Frank. Become an advocate/spokesman for the university.
Yeah. I don't think neither him or cwtcr could defend Frank with a serious face at this point. With this program's resources and recruiting talent available in-state, there is zero excuse for losing to a 2-win Wake Forest team. It's just another piece of evidence that Frank doesn't have it anymore.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Too old, too rich, too comfortable to put in the work required to compete....there, I said it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Yeah. I don't think neither him or cwtcr could defend Frank with a serious face at this point. With this program's resources and recruiting talent available in-state, there is zero excuse for losing to a 2-win Wake Forest team. It's just another piece of evidence that Frank doesn't have it anymore.
The offensive coaching is unbearable. Does anyone really believe it will be better next year with the same staff?
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
CWHOKIECPA
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

nolanvt wrote:And this happened...

The sign that expectations have really dropped off.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Look at it this way, now we can root for uva to beat Miami (which I would do anyway) and then next week, the game against the yahoos will mean something.

The winner gets to play some more, the loser REALLY stinks.

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
nolanvt wrote:And this happened...

The sign that expectations have really dropped off.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

have you noticed our injury list, we lost 4 of our starting 5 OL, the starting RT is a walk on. But hey SAban would have us undefeated I am sure with our disastrous year of injuries

Fire the coaches if you want to but would love to know who would make this an awesome team with the situation we have, but it is a tough year for sure.

We have a ton of young talent, we get the injured back, let the talent develop and the team will be fine.
nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:have you noticed our injury list, we lost 4 of our starting 5 OL, the starting RT is a walk on. But hey SAban would have us undefeated I am sure with our disastrous year of injuries

Fire the coaches if you want to but would love to know who would make this an awesome team with the situation we have, but it is a tough year for sure.

We have a ton of young talent, we get the injured back, let the talent develop and the team will be fine.
nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Are you related to any of the coaching staff just out of curiosity?
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Nope, I grew up in bburg, been watching VT fball since the 70's when we went to games as kids, we used to play football during games where the south end zone sits now, my 2 sisters and one brother all went to vt as did I, father was an associate dean when he retired after working for VT for 35 years. But have never been related to any coach of any sports team. So yes I have a large connection to VT and love the burg. I am a realist, we knew back in January 2014 that this year was going to hinge on our QB as we had no idea what we had to use and we knew we had a lot of fr and so starting in 2014. Brewer has turned out to be a disaster after the OSU game (no idea why) and then we got a page and a half of injuries, that is enough to destroy any season no matter who the coach is. I support our coaching staff as I don't lay the blame on them, all coaches eff up, watch any games on any weekend and you see coaches eff up. If we had stayed just a little healthy and Brewer had not fallen apart after the OSU game this season would have been much different. But please tell me what any other coach would have done with the long list of injuries we have, not many programs have enough depth to cover that problem, some do and we will never be in that class as even if we were in the sec we are not in the sunny south. Sorry but Beamers age has zip to do with his coaching, he did not get all the wins he has by forgetting how to coach, we are injured and playing a lot of youth. The GREAT news is Brewer will not be our QB in 2015, and that youth is getting a lot of experience and the injuries will heal, our future is bright no matter who the coach is. And I don't care what coach gets fired, I just think that will not fix our issues, just be a different person to blame. (stinespring/loeffler) we are already calling for loeffler to be fired, he has been here like a year and a half, some want our OL coach fired, he has been here like 9 months. Coaching changes sometimes make things better but most times it is just a different face dealing with the same problems. I seriously doubt that Saban would be successful with us this year, just a tough luck year

the program will go on and I will continue to support until I stop breathing
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:have you noticed our injury list, we lost 4 of our starting 5 OL, the starting RT is a walk on. But hey SAban would have us undefeated I am sure with our disastrous year of injuries

nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

We just played four scoreless quarters against Wake Forest. Despite your belief to the contrary, that is a sign something is wrong with the coaching.
cwtcr hokie wrote:Nope, I grew up in bburg, been watching VT fball since the 70's when we went to games as kids, we used to play football during games where the south end zone sits now, my 2 sisters and one brother all went to vt as did I, father was an associate dean when he retired after working for VT for 35 years. But have never been related to any coach of any sports team. So yes I have a large connection to VT and love the burg. I am a realist, we knew back in January 2014 that this year was going to hinge on our QB as we had no idea what we had to use and we knew we had a lot of fr and so starting in 2014. Brewer has turned out to be a disaster after the OSU game (no idea why) and then we got a page and a half of injuries, that is enough to destroy any season no matter who the coach is. I support our coaching staff as I don't lay the blame on them, all coaches eff up, watch any games on any weekend and you see coaches eff up. If we had stayed just a little healthy and Brewer had not fallen apart after the OSU game this season would have been much different. But please tell me what any other coach would have done with the long list of injuries we have, not many programs have enough depth to cover that problem, some do and we will never be in that class as even if we were in the sec we are not in the sunny south. Sorry but Beamers age has zip to do with his coaching, he did not get all the wins he has by forgetting how to coach, we are injured and playing a lot of youth. The GREAT news is Brewer will not be our QB in 2015, and that youth is getting a lot of experience and the injuries will heal, our future is bright no matter who the coach is. And I don't care what coach gets fired, I just think that will not fix our issues, just be a different person to blame. (stinespring/loeffler) we are already calling for loeffler to be fired, he has been here like a year and a half, some want our OL coach fired, he has been here like 9 months. Coaching changes sometimes make things better but most times it is just a different face dealing with the same problems. I seriously doubt that Saban would be successful with us this year, just a tough luck year

nolanvt wrote:

nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:We just played four scoreless quarters against Wake Forest. Despite your belief to the contrary, that is a sign something is wrong with the coaching.
cwtcr hokie wrote:Nope, I grew up in bburg, been watching VT fball since the 70's when we went to games as kids, we used to play football during games where the south end zone sits now, my 2 sisters and one brother all went to vt as did I, father was an associate dean when he retired after working for VT for 35 years. But have never been related to any coach of any sports team. So yes I have a large connection to VT and love the burg. I am a realist, we knew back in January 2014 that this year was going to hinge on our QB as we had no idea what we had to use and we knew we had a lot of fr and so starting in 2014. Brewer has turned out to be a disaster after the OSU game (no idea why) and then we got a page and a half of injuries, that is enough to destroy any season no matter who the coach is. I support our coaching staff as I don't lay the blame on them, all coaches eff up, watch any games on any weekend and you see coaches eff up. If we had stayed just a little healthy and Brewer had not fallen apart after the OSU game this season would have been much different. But please tell me what any other coach would have done with the long list of injuries we have, not many programs have enough depth to cover that problem, some do and we will never be in that class as even if we were in the sec we are not in the sunny south. Sorry but Beamers age has zip to do with his coaching, he did not get all the wins he has by forgetting how to coach, we are injured and playing a lot of youth. The GREAT news is Brewer will not be our QB in 2015, and that youth is getting a lot of experience and the injuries will heal, our future is bright no matter who the coach is. And I don't care what coach gets fired, I just think that will not fix our issues, just be a different person to blame. (stinespring/loeffler) we are already calling for loeffler to be fired, he has been here like a year and a half, some want our OL coach fired, he has been here like 9 months. Coaching changes sometimes make things better but most times it is just a different face dealing with the same problems. I seriously doubt that Saban would be successful with us this year, just a tough luck year

nolanvt wrote:

nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote: Dont let WestEnd hear you say that. He'll go nuclear on you.
He's right that we can't coach an offense that is most all 2nd or 3rd stringers into being competitive. Even the QB is Texas Tech's second stringer.
Last edited by awesome guy on Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:He's right that we can't coach an offense that is most all 2nd or 3rd stringers into being competitive. Even is the QB is Texas Tech's second stringer.
Yikes. In that case, just hold the person responsible who oversees recruiting then.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:He's right that we can't coach an offense that is most all 2nd or 3rd stringers into being competitive. Even is the QB is Texas Tech's second stringer.
Yikes. In that case, just hold the person responsible who oversees recruiting then.
It isn't X box, you're not going to have an entire second string that's as competitive as the first string. And just look at RB, we've been to 3rd and 4th string there.
Marine Hokie

Post by Marine Hokie »

Why won't Brewer be the qb next year? Doesn't he have one more year of eligibility?

nolanvt wrote:

nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

yes, brewer is not a good QB, our OL is a mess due to injuries (we hired a new OL coach the last two years btw, OL takes time) we are on our 4th, 5th and 6th string RB so yes the O struggles, shocking. Have ya seen klempson since the injuries started adding up on them? you guys are hilarious, injuries will ruin a season, it has ruined ours but the bright side is lots of younger players are getting some great experience. The season was trashed when brewer lost it after the OSU game, when he became a turnover machine, shocking we lose..... duh

Fire whoever ya want to, I don't care but I doubt even Saban would have been successful with our issues this year, teams have bad years, it happens, not much to us but it happens. What is hilarious also is the folks screaming that we have 10 years of crap offense.... HUH? with Tyrod, with LT in his first year.... gotta love revisionist history
Florida Hokie wrote:We just played four scoreless quarters against Wake Forest. Despite your belief to the contrary, that is a sign something is wrong with the coaching.

the coaches if you want to but would love to know who would make this an awesome team with the situation we have, but it is a tough year for sure.

nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
[/quote][/quote]
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Due to his unique ability to throw it to the wrong team at the worst time (see most the games this season) and the fact that we have Motley, Ford and Durkin behind him and they will get the nod by next fall. Brewer is just not a good qb, and he will surpasses in Spring and fall practice. OR just look at the game tape from 2014

[quote="Marine Hokie"]Why won't Brewer be the qb next year? Doesn't he have one more year of eligibility?

[quote="cwtcr hokie"]Nope, I grew up in bburg, been watching VT fball since the 70's when we went to games as kids, we used to play football during games where the south end zone sits now, my 2 sisters and one brother all went to vt as did I, father was an associate dean when he retired after working for VT for 35 years. But have never been related to any coach of any sports team. So yes I have a large connection to VT and love the burg. I am a realist, we knew back in January 2014 that this year was going to hinge on our QB as we had no idea what we had to use and we knew we had a lot of fr and so starting in 2014. Brewer has turned out to be a disaster after the OSU game (no idea why) and then we got a page and a half of injuries, that is enough to destroy any season no matter who the coach is. I support our coaching staff as I don't lay the blame on them, all coaches eff up, watch any games on any weekend and you see coaches eff up. If we had stayed just a little healthy and Brewer had not fallen apart after the OSU game this season would have been much different. But please tell me what any other coach would have done with the long list of injuries we have, not many programs have enough depth to cover that problem, some do and we will never be in that class as even if we were in the sec we are not in the sunny south. Sorry but Beamers age has zip to do with his coaching, he did not get all the wins he has by forgetting how to coach, we are injured and playing a lot of youth. The GREAT news is Brewer will not be our QB in 2015, and that youth is getting a lot of experience and the injuries will heal, our future is bright no matter who the coach is. And I don't care what coach gets fired, I just think that will not fix our issues, just be a different person to blame. (stinespring/loeffler) we are already calling for loeffler to be fired, he has been here like a year and a half, some want our OL coach fired, he has been here like 9 months. Coaching changes sometimes make things better but most times it is just a different face dealing with the same problems. I seriously doubt that Saban would be successful with us this year, just a tough luck year

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ANY team beside bama that starts losing their OL will struggle some. yes we have beefed up the OL recruiting and we have a good OL coach (that quit) and we have a new good one but OL takes time. Of course patience is not something that hokie fans have so fire everyone, kewl
nolanvt wrote:
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
It isn't X box, you're not going to have an entire second string that's as competitive as the first string. And just look at RB, we've been to 3rd and 4th string there.
They lost to a 2-win Wake Forest with the starting QB playing while scoring zero points in regulation. That's the result of poor recruiting and coaching. VT isn't that decimated by injuries to where they shouldn't have beat Wake Forest.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:ANY team beside bama that starts losing their OL will struggle some. yes we have beefed up the OL recruiting and we have a good OL coach (that quit) and we have a new good one but OL takes time. Of course patience is not something that hokie fans have so fire everyone, kewl
nolanvt wrote:
They lost to Wake Forest and are now 5-6. The coaching has simply eroded.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
They lost to a 2-win Wake Forest with the starting QB playing while scoring zero points in regulation. That's the result of poor recruiting and coaching. VT isn't that decimated by injuries to where they shouldn't have beat Wake Forest.
That's silly. Wake is still D1.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:yes, brewer is not a good QB, our OL is a mess due to injuries (we hired a new OL coach the last two years btw, OL takes time) we are on our 4th, 5th and 6th string RB so yes the O struggles, shocking. Have ya seen klempson since the injuries started adding up on them? you guys are hilarious, injuries will ruin a season, it has ruined ours but the bright side is lots of younger players are getting some great experience. The season was trashed when brewer lost it after the OSU game, when he became a turnover machine, shocking we lose..... duh

Fire whoever ya want to, I don't care but I doubt even Saban would have been successful with our issues this year, teams have bad years, it happens, not much to us but it happens. What is hilarious also is the folks screaming that we have 10 years of crap offense.... HUH? with Tyrod, with LT in his first year.... gotta love revisionist history

the coaches if you want to but would love to know who would make this an awesome team with the situation we have, but it is a tough year for sure.

nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
[/quote][/quote]

Clemson beat Wake Forest.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Technically, yes, but VT will be their only win in a watered down ACC. Beamer will retire soon enough, and VT can start the road back to competing for 10 wins and ACCG appearances, which should be the standard. Not sure if expecting ACC Championships should be the expectation since FSU got their act together with Jimbo after their lost decade.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Technically, yes, but VT will be their only win in a watered down ACC. Beamer will retire soon enough, and VT can start the road back to competing for 10 wins and ACCG appearances, which should be the standard. Not sure if expecting ACC Championships should be the expectation since FSU got their act together with Jimbo after their lost decade.
It's hilarious that you discount losing the o line and first 3 RBs.