Beamer has to be forced into retirement

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Beamer has to be forced into retirement

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote: Yikes. In that case, just hold the person responsible who oversees recruiting then.
It isn't X box, you're not going to have an entire second string that's as competitive as the first string. And just look at RB, we've been to 3rd and 4th string there.
They lost to a 2-win Wake Forest with the starting QB playing while scoring zero points in regulation. That's the result of poor recruiting and coaching. VT isn't that decimated by injuries to where they shouldn't have beat Wake Forest.
That's silly. Wake is still D1.
Technically, yes, but VT will be their only win in a watered down ACC. Beamer will retire soon enough, and VT can start the road back to competing for 10 wins and ACCG appearances, which should be the standard. Not sure if expecting ACC Championships should be the expectation since FSU got their act together with Jimbo after their lost decade.
It's hilarious that you discount losing the o line and first 3 RBs.
VT's running backs are fungible commodities. Even losing the OL shouldn't result in the team scoring zero points in regulation against a team like Wake Forest. The season is lost and change is coming soon enough.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote: It isn't X box, you're not going to have an entire second string that's as competitive as the first string. And just look at RB, we've been to 3rd and 4th string there.
They lost to a 2-win Wake Forest with the starting QB playing while scoring zero points in regulation. That's the result of poor recruiting and coaching. VT isn't that decimated by injuries to where they shouldn't have beat Wake Forest.
That's silly. Wake is still D1.
Technically, yes, but VT will be their only win in a watered down ACC. Beamer will retire soon enough, and VT can start the road back to competing for 10 wins and ACCG appearances, which should be the standard. Not sure if expecting ACC Championships should be the expectation since FSU got their act together with Jimbo after their lost decade.
It's hilarious that you discount losing the o line and first 3 RBs.
VT's running backs are fungible commodities. Even losing the OL shouldn't result in the team scoring zero points in regulation against a team like Wake Forest. The season is lost and change is coming soon enough.
Lol, whatever
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

yes, Beamer due to his age will be moving on in the next few years, but if just changing HC was the fix all then what happened with FL, why isn't Klempson undefeated? why isn't bama undefeated? I really don't care who the coaches are tho, I don't put near as much faith that the coaches are the only reason you win or lose, esp. at the big time college level.

yes we are struggling, yes we have lots of talent in the pipeline and I think we will be fine no matter who the coach is. I also don't flip out due to the record of VT, we will never be a bama so yes some years are great, some good and some suck.... this would be a suck
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:yes, Beamer due to his age will be moving on in the next few years, but if just changing HC was the fix all then what happened with FL, why isn't Klempson undefeated? why isn't bama undefeated? I really don't care who the coaches are tho, I don't put near as much faith that the coaches are the only reason you win or lose, esp. at the big time college level.

yes we are struggling, yes we have lots of talent in the pipeline and I think we will be fine no matter who the coach is. I also don't flip out due to the record of VT, we will never be a bama so yes some years are great, some good and some suck.... this would be a suck
You keep asking what happened with Florida and I keep countering with the question whether you think Florida is closer to redemption than VT? Without question, Florida can jump back to elite status very quickly. They go after coaching talent. They missed on Muschamp but for every Muschamp there's a hire that gets it right. The SEC teams are where they are partly because they don't sit and wait for results.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Too old, too rich, too comfortable to put in the work required to compete....there, I said it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For me, the whole Stiney ordeal was a matter of complacency (which follows your points).
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Why are we so thin and inexperienced at all of these positions? It gets back to recruiting imo. The injuries aren't anyone's fault, but the lack of depth and performance over the past few years points to legitimate issues imo. Again, we wasted a lot of time wet-nursing Stiney and other sub par coaches. That hurt recruiting, which is one reason we find ourselves in this pickle.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

HokieJoe wrote:Why are we so thin and inexperienced at all of these positions? It gets back to recruiting imo. The injuries aren't anyone's fault, but the lack of depth and performance over the past few years points to legitimate issues imo. Again, we wasted a lot of time wet-nursing Stiney and other sub par coaches. That hurt recruiting, which is one reason we find ourselves in this pickle.
Agreed. The most important position was not addressed like it should have been.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:ANY team beside bama that starts losing their OL will struggle some. yes we have beefed up the OL recruiting and we have a good OL coach (that quit) and we have a new good one but OL takes time. Of course patience is not something that hokie fans have so fire everyone, kewl
You act like this is the first year. It's the same story over and over again. I can't wait until next preseason and we get to hear about how good the o-line is looking.
People who know, know.