Whit is going to go after Rich Rod

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Whit is going to go after Rich Rod

Post by nolanvt »

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Re: Whit is going to go after Rich Rod

Post by Florida Hokie »

Good article - I'd love Mark Stoops! That would be a great hire. Rich Rod would bring an offense but I can't look past his Mountaineer roots!

It will not be Bud Foster - we should all understand that now. It should not be Bud Foster either. If he were head coach material - he'd be one by now.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Mixed feelings about Rich. I like the UK coach too, though only because it seems like he gets a lot out of the team he's given. Don't know enough about UK to know if that is justified.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Florida Hokie wrote:
Good article - I'd love Mark Stoops! That would be a great hire. Rich Rod would bring an offense but I can't look past his Mountaineer roots!

It will not be Bud Foster - we should all understand that now. It should not be Bud Foster either. If he were head coach material - he'd be one by now.
Agreed re: Foster and no to Morris as well. As for Rich Rod, if he's the best candidate who's willing to accept the job, you remove emotion and hire him.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:

But if Bud would be willing to stay on as DC with Rich Rod as our HC, VT could be lethal in a couple of years.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

I don't care who any of the coaches are, just like to win, the reality is with the recruiting we have going on and the massive amount of young players starting now we will be getting better the next few years. And another reality is we were killed with injuries this year, and it was unusual. I seriously doubt we have another injury riddled season like this for awhile.
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

But if Bud would be willing to stay on as DC with Rich Rod as our HC, VT could be lethal in a couple of years.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Wow, that line about last place, in the weakest division of the weakest conference really hit home....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Florida Hokie wrote:

IIRC, Stoops background is that of d-coordinator. I think hiring someone with an understanding of offense would be better IF they could hang on to Foster. If Foster were made the HC, then he should be the first to acknowledge the need for somebody with good offensive creds. If they were to lose foster, then I'd prefer RR. I enjoy watching his teams play.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

It's completely unrealistic in my opinion to think Bud would be the DC at VT for anyone other than Frank Beamer. He would and should, in that case, retire, broadcast games for the ACC network or, most likely, try his hand at being a DC for one of the big boys of college football down in the SEC.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

question for those that believe the RR stuff, why would he leave AZ.... nice place to live, program doing very well..... why would he want to leave now?
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:question for those that believe the RR stuff, why would he leave AZ.... nice place to live, program doing very well..... why would he want to leave now?
Possibly more money, closer to his family and friends, previous relationship with Whit, better position to succeed in the weaker ACC and weaker ACC Coastal division, etc.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

My guess is AZ would match the money, and the pac 12 is not exactly a powerhouse, they have already beaten OR once this year and Mariotta is outa there
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:question for those that believe the RR stuff, why would he leave AZ.... nice place to live, program doing very well..... why would he want to leave now?
Possibly more money, closer to his family and friends, previous relationship with Whit, better position to succeed in the weaker ACC and weaker ACC Coastal division, etc.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:My guess is AZ would match the money, and the pac 12 is not exactly a powerhouse, they have already beaten OR once this year and Mariotta is outa there
nolanvt wrote:
True, but once USC gets their act together, it will be tough sledding. I don't think Rich Rod stays there long-term.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

I have no problem with RR being the coach, seems to be a good coach. not sure about the condoms tho, it may be longer term before they get all of the damage from Kiffin
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:My guess is AZ would match the money, and the pac 12 is not exactly a powerhouse, they have already beaten OR once this year and Mariotta is outa there
nolanvt wrote:
True, but once USC gets their act together, it will be tough sledding. I don't think Rich Rod stays there long-term.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I mentioned this on TOB last week that the biggest problem with the UofA is it's location on Speedway in Tucson in re to upgrade the facilities.

The stadium is old and dilapidated and to be honest even the McKale Center is meh. There is very limited room in the general area to expand and the building codes are brutal for that area...you are limited to height restriction in order to not block the view of the Santa Catalina Mtns.

As compared to the PAC 12 the UofA facilities don't match ASU, USC, UCLA, UDub, Cal, Stanford and Oregon.

What the UofA does have is location and scenery. :)
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.