Surf fishing

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
Homebrew

Surf fishing

Post by Homebrew »

What fish are biting now? Thinking of fishing as Assateague State Park.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Surf fishing

Post by awesome guy »

Homebrew wrote:What fish are biting now? Thinking of fishing as Assateague State Park.
Every thing. It's the best time of the year. Bull red drum are in the surf, stripers , bluefish, spot, croaker, round heads. Best plan is working up the food chain. Catch the small stuff on blood worms, fish bites , squid , etc. Then cut up what you caught and throw that out for stripers, big reds, sharks, etc. dizr 2 or little gold hooks for small stuff, 6/0 or 8/0 hooks for big stuff. I use 10/0 circles and catch smaller stripers, bull reds , etc just fine on them. I use them because I have a ton that size for catfish, but would buy smaller for the species above. Bluefish, spot, and round heads are the best drum bait. Croaker is sort of a last resort bait. Flounder should still be in too.

Good luck!
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Surf fishing

Post by awesome guy »

Homebrew wrote:What fish are biting now? Thinking of fishing as Assateague State Park.
But Assateague may be closed, you'll want to check. Part of it is associated with the national seashore. I'm not terribly familiar with it, so you'll want to call first or be ready to run over a Berrycade.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.