Josh Sweat picks FSU ... let the meltdown ensue!

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
oaktonhokie

Re: Josh Sweat picks FSU ... let the meltdown ensue!

Post by oaktonhokie »

Cancel the next four seasons. It's over.

I get a kick out of the geniuses on the other board. Someone whose job it is to study recruiting, Mel Kiper I think, said last week he was likely going to Florida State. The people on the other board, with no knowledge or insight, condemned Kiper's perspective. Kiper had spoken with sweat and had that impression. But since it was not what these folks wanted to hear, it was not true.

They have eight year olds over there, too.
BigDave wrote:Josh Sweat picks FSU ... let the meltdown ensue!
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

crank up the fire the coaches rants....hilarity to ensue

just checked in on the "FIRE EVERYONE IN SIGHT BOARD" and it is freaking toxic over there. WOW. Never knew one DL was the key to a MNC.... I always thought it had more to do with the QB. But I am just a dumb dude who does not know dog poo about fball

UberHOKIE
Alma Mater: Cambridge
Party: I tread on thee

Post by UberHOKIE »

Not sure the 9 year old mentalities understand the 18 year olds world enough to post with anything else but blah, blah, blah... they seem to think every kid in Virginia should stay... I'd go to FSU, Warm Weather, Bikini'd wiminz, no chance of being arrested and all old Miami U's connections to cash, hookers and blow...
Actually I'd like to play at FSU for take UNC online courses.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

true dat, we all know that Frank will be out of the HC job in a few years at max so what is the fire everyone in sight board going to do when the new great HC shows up and the kids from VA decide they don't want to go to college next door (funny that a lot of regular students make that same choice) I don't have kids but considering out of state tuition if I was I would veto that vote in a hurry tho. But it will be interesting to see the rants after Frank is gone
UberHOKIE wrote:Not sure the 9 year old mentalities understand the 18 year olds world enough to post with anything else but blah, blah, blah... they seem to think every kid in Virginia should stay... I'd go to FSU, Warm Weather, Bikini'd wiminz, no chance of being arrested and all old Miami U's connections to cash, hookers and blow...
Actually I'd like to play at FSU for take UNC online courses.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

and now Foster is going to A&M, the world has ended
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:and now Foster is going to A&M, the world has ended
Josh Sweat meltdowns are irrational. A Bud Foster leaving this offseason may very well be a meltdown I would join. If Bud left I would really hope Beamer announces his retirement for either this offseason OR after next season.

Also, more into board dynamics, their doesn't seem to be a lot of concern over Bud leaving. I'm worried this is the cried wolf scenario, seems like this is always a small worry that never comes to fruition. Bud leaving this year could be the real deal and, quite frankly, could make a lot of sense for him and his career.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Bud is a fine coach but what if he gets plowed over by a semi on the way home from practice.... other people can be a DC. So the program will not end if Bud goes elsewhere, as for Frank due to his age he will be leaving in the next few years is my guess but he is not leaving because one of his assistants does. As for our results the last few years, blaming them on Frank is just dumb. We played with a so-so QB this year and lots of fr and so and lots of folks with very little experience and we got injured more than any year than in years past. Our future looks bright no matter who the coach is but to think Frank does not know how to coach or how to win is just dumb.
BG Hokie wrote:
Josh Sweat meltdowns are irrational. A Bud Foster leaving this offseason may very well be a meltdown I would join. If Bud left I would really hope Beamer announces his retirement for either this offseason OR after next season.

Also, more into board dynamics, their doesn't seem to be a lot of concern over Bud leaving. I'm worried this is the cried wolf scenario, seems like this is always a small worry that never comes to fruition. Bud leaving this year could be the real deal and, quite frankly, could make a lot of sense for him and his career.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:Bud is a fine coach but what if he gets plowed over by a semi on the way home from practice.... other people can be a DC. So the program will not end if Bud goes elsewhere, as for Frank due to his age he will be leaving in the next few years is my guess but he is not leaving because one of his assistants does. As for our results the last few years, blaming them on Frank is just dumb. We played with a so-so QB this year and lots of fr and so and lots of folks with very little experience and we got injured more than any year than in years past. Our future looks bright no matter who the coach is but to think Frank does not know how to coach or how to win is just dumb.
BG Hokie wrote:

Who is responsible for the recruitment of said so-so QB?
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote: Bud is a fine coach but what if he gets plowed over by a semi on the way home from practice.... other people can be a DC. So the program will not end if Bud goes elsewhere
Classic cwtcr, arguing against a point that nobody has made. Yes, if Bud leaves people think the program will cease to exist. Let's be intellectually honest. Your inability to discuss rationally was ultimately why Will booted your arse from TSL.
cwtcr hokie wrote: as for Frank due to his age he will be leaving in the next few years is my guess but he is not leaving because one of his assistants does.

You don't think Bud leaving has the potential to speed up the time table of Frank's retirement? I certainly do. Especially, if the defense (which should be better next year based on who is returning) has a decline in performance.
cwtcr hokie wrote: to think Frank does not know how to coach or how to win is just dumb.

No, what's dumb is to imply that I think such a thing. Can you find somewhere that I've made such a comment?
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:Bud is a fine coach but what if he gets plowed over by a semi on the way home from practice.... other people can be a DC. So the program will not end if Bud goes elsewhere, as for Frank due to his age he will be leaving in the next few years is my guess but he is not leaving because one of his assistants does. As for our results the last few years, blaming them on Frank is just dumb. We played with a so-so QB this year and lots of fr and so and lots of folks with very little experience and we got injured more than any year than in years past. Our future looks bright no matter who the coach is but to think Frank does not know how to coach or how to win is just dumb.
BG Hokie wrote:

Scot Loeffler
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

the transfer from Texas Tech, he was our hope as we only had zero experience guys other than Brewer. Unless we had a Winston in Ford , Durkin or Motley this year was going to be rough on the QB side, and after Brewer turned into a turnover machine we saw the result.

But as BG says I would think Loeffler wanted Brewer in here, maybe not so much now tho
nolanvt wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Classic BG, being an ass to me as usual. As for your first point, no, I had opinions and some special people disagreed with them and Will booted me and now begs for users to actually post.

As for your second point we disagree, oh darn

As for your third point I never said you said that quote but it is a constant theme on the bash VT (TSL Football board)

Again, if you want to have a conversation lets have one, if you want to be an ass and crappy to me for using a board then go take a leap buddy
BG Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: Bud is a fine coach but what if he gets plowed over by a semi on the way home from practice.... other people can be a DC. So the program will not end if Bud goes elsewhere
Classic cwtcr, arguing against a point that nobody has made. Yes, if Bud leaves people think the program will cease to exist. Let's be intellectually honest. Your inability to discuss rationally was ultimately why Will booted your arse from TSL.
cwtcr hokie wrote: as for Frank due to his age he will be leaving in the next few years is my guess but he is not leaving because one of his assistants does.

You don't think Bud leaving has the potential to speed up the time table of Frank's retirement? I certainly do. Especially, if the defense (which should be better next year based on who is returning) has a decline in performance.
cwtcr hokie wrote: to think Frank does not know how to coach or how to win is just dumb.

No, what's dumb is to imply that I think such a thing. Can you find somewhere that I've made such a comment?
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:the transfer from Texas Tech, he was our hope as we only had zero experience guys other than Brewer. Unless we had a Winston in Ford , Durkin or Motley this year was going to be rough on the QB side, and after Brewer turned into a turnover machine we saw the result.

But as BG says I would think Loeffler wanted Brewer in here, maybe not so much now tho
nolanvt wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

If only there was a coach above SL who was ultimately responsible for getting good enough QBs on the roster! :)
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

nolanvt wrote: If only there was a coach above SL who was ultimately responsible for getting good enough QBs on the roster! :)
I do blame Beamer for allowing Loeffler to trend away from dual threat QB's. The secret to VT's success given that the state of VA has lackluster OL talent is to always get dual threat QB's that can move the chains with their legs and also develop as passers. I view this as a major problem. But Brewer was probably a last second improvement over Leal and Motley that helped more than it hurt. Also, I wouldn't rule out Brewer having a solid last season. He showed his flashes of brilliance coupled with his bone headed moments. He will have both an improved skill position group and OL next year.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Well Leal was supposed to be a good QB (and oops I forgot about him in the prior post) and Ford, Durkin and Motley are supposed to be very good QB's..... quick question tho how does the noles second string QB look? How hard is it to recruit a very good QB when the team has one on the field (remember LT was being pushed for Heisman after his first season starting). Another question, have you noticed how bad the QB's are for Klempson once their injury proned FR starting getting injured? Dabo must suck as a coach and Jimbo also per your qualifications

[quote="nolanvt"][quote="cwtcr hokie"]the transfer from Texas Tech, he was our hope as we only had zero experience guys other than Brewer. Unless we had a Winston in Ford , Durkin or Motley this year was going to be rough on the QB side, and after Brewer turned into a turnover machine we saw the result.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

And he makes horrible decisions in the passing game, I hope he is signaling in plays in 2015
BG Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote: If only there was a coach above SL who was ultimately responsible for getting good enough QBs on the roster! :)
I do blame Beamer for allowing Loeffler to trend away from dual threat QB's. The secret to VT's success given that the state of VA has lackluster OL talent is to always get dual threat QB's that can move the chains with their legs and also develop as passers. I view this as a major problem. But Brewer was probably a last second improvement over Leal and Motley that helped more than it hurt. Also, I wouldn't rule out Brewer having a solid last season. He showed his flashes of brilliance coupled with his bone headed moments. He will have both an improved skill position group and OL next year.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

I'd be pretty surprised if Brewer is not the QB. Though I think Motley will be a regular in the wildcat package, which I think can be used liberally with 3rd and 4th stringers in the redshirt freshmen should injuries occur.
cwtcr hokie wrote:And he makes horrible decisions in the passing game, I hope he is signaling in plays in 2015
BG Hokie wrote:
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Hmmm, FSU vs VT...

FSU is the reigning NC, as a top 3 program and Florida weather. VT has _________ (fill in the blanks). That's our recruiting problem in a nutshell. We can't get em' all but we've been losing too many over the past several years.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

If the hype was correct on Ford, Durkin or Motley they should beat him out in Spring practice.... he was not good in 2014, Brewer is a tough dude but he does not have the vision or the arm. As I understand the other three young'uns have big arms
BG Hokie wrote:I'd be pretty surprised if Brewer is not the QB. Though I think Motley will be a regular in the wildcat package, which I think can be used liberally with 3rd and 4th stringers in the redshirt freshmen should injuries occur.
cwtcr hokie wrote:And he makes horrible decisions in the passing game, I hope he is signaling in plays in 2015
BG Hokie wrote: