Football schedule is out!

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Football schedule is out!

Post by BigDave »

Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
cwtcr hokie

Re: Football schedule is out!

Post by cwtcr hokie »

the conspiracy theorists on TSL are freaking hilarious, have they not been paying attention the last ten years, college fball has become an every night game. Does not matter to me when we play, if home I am there if away if I can get to it.
BigDave wrote:http://www.hokiesports.com/football/schedule/

I'm ready for some football!
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

Conspiracy theorists? Explain.

I think Friday nights should be reserved for high school football. It's important for local communities across main street America. What's the conspiracy?
cwtcr hokie wrote:the conspiracy theorists on TSL are freaking hilarious, have they not been paying attention the last ten years, college fball has become an every night game. Does not matter to me when we play, if home I am there if away if I can get to it.

oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I agree.

I think football is killing the goose that lays golden eggs. Not that I care, about the nfl anyway.

Fridays are for high school. The HS feeds the colleges. Moving college games to Friday diminishes the hs game.

And the nfl is really screwing this up imo. Playing now on Thursdays and sometimes on Saturdays.

Personally, if the nfl went away, that's fine with me.

Thugs and concussions. Not interested.

BG Hokie wrote:Conspiracy theorists? Explain.

I think Friday nights should be reserved for high school football. It's important for local communities across main street America. What's the conspiracy?
cwtcr hokie wrote:the conspiracy theorists on TSL are freaking hilarious, have they not been paying attention the last ten years, college fball has become an every night game. Does not matter to me when we play, if home I am there if away if I can get to it.

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Is it really the same fans going to HS games that go to college games?

I have been to exactly one HS game since I graduated HS (about 12 years ago maybe, my HS was #2 and they were playing #1). It was awful to watch. Not only was the football bad, the game was made even less enjoyable by the foul-mouthed HS kids who collectively could not form a complete sentence if their lives depended on it, and who were convinced that every fourth word had to be four letters in length.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

BigDave wrote:Is it really the same fans going to HS games that go to college games?

I have been to exactly one HS game since I graduated HS (about 12 years ago maybe, my HS was #2 and they were playing #1). It was awful to watch. Not only was the football bad, the game was made even less enjoyable by the foul-mouthed HS kids who collectively could not form a complete sentence if their lives depended on it, and who were convinced that every fourth word had to be four letters in length.
I would guess there is a good bit of overlap. Especially with SW Virginia Hokie fans. Poll those guys and see how many watched their local high school play the night before. I don't think the ratio will be insignificant. Same is likely true for more local based UVA fans, if I were to guess.

I live in NoVA and go to about 3 - 4 high schools games a year for the last 7 years or so. I never went to this high school, it's simply the high school in my neighborhood where my kids will ultimately attend. I played HS football and I'm guessing the nostalgia of Friday nights makes it more appealing to me. The last couple years, the football has been bad but I still enjoy close games and watching the best players. As I've met people in the community, it's also a fun place to be social with friends and acquaintances. And I sit nowhere near enough to students to hear their conversations.

That said, I only go to, on average, about 1 VT game a year.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

sorry for the delay in response, when the schedule was first posted on TSL the board cranked up with the ACC is against us and being mean to us and Swofford is mean to us stuff. I think it is funny is all as the ACC only cares about what makes them the most money (as do every other fball conf on the planet)

The schedule is fine with me, a Friday game means I get to leave the office early and ride up to the burg, have some nice drinks, watch another win and cruise back to the house, the ride back is the only thing that is irritating due to the time of night I am coming back but at least traffic is very light.

And my car knows the way by heart so I barely have to touch the steering wheel
BG Hokie wrote:Conspiracy theorists? Explain.